Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

I've NEVER been high on Henne, I can't stand him actually. But get ****ing real, when have the Jets EVER counted on Sanchez to "lead the team"? He's a caretaker, plain and simple. If you have to count on him, he looks like he did last week against the Vikings, ****ing clueless. He WILL be exposed, not if but when.

Did you even watch the game last week? When did he look clueless? Was it when he led the team downfield into Vikings territory and then Greene finished the drive off with a rushing touchdown? Are you talking about that time? Please tell me when. Or in week 2 vs the Pats or week 3 when the Jets and Phins were going back and forth? I don't understand when. If you would've said last year then I would agree but that's what the off-season is for, getting better. Clearly what Sanchez has done.

WTF is this Tim Graham talking about??? Nevermind all those the facts ... they just get in the way.
All he needs to do is read some of the expert posts on this board.
Doesn't he know that Sanchez sucks???

areu serious dude.if langfor hold on to the ball than sanchez single handed losses the jets the game.if brett farve doesnt throw a pick 6 and scores on that drive than sanchez again loses his team the game.the guy got very lucky and u dolphin fans wanna give him the crown and make it like its a landslide.im gonna remember your guys names and im gonna bring this thred up when sanchez crashes and burns

If this, if that. I don't live in pretend land, man. I live in reality. It's not hard to look out on the field and see who is playing better. But no one seems to care about what's happening on he field. They just want to toss out statistics and twist them to defend their side of the argument.

I'm not saying Sanchez is miles better or that Henne sucks. Honestly, this "who is better" talk it completely irrelevant. Let Mark Sanchez go and be great. I'm not a Jets fan so I don't care how great he is or how much he sucks. What concerns me TODAY in REALITY is where Chad Henne is in his development.

NONE of you can say that Henne is where you felt like he would be or needed to be four games into the season and if you say that he is you're lying and you know it.

Silly phin fans... I was going to make a nice, detailed post explaining Sanchez's progressions from last season til now but it'll only fall on deaf ears. Here is what you should understand, because some of you guys are delusional. Sanchez still has room for improvement and WILL get better, as will Henne. We over at the jets handouts think henne is a good qb and you guys have some good young players to build around: long, Davis, wake, marsall.. Etc. The problem is that you guys have some inferiority complex and refuse to give credit to anything or anyone jets related. If the jets win, it's luck. If the jets lose, it's because they suck. When something goes well for the fins, it's because of henne's arm butwhen you guys lose it's dan hennings fault right? Check your forum, this pattern repeats ad nauseom throughout.

In all honesty, you guys WANT TO BE US. Were practically firing on all cylinders with our weakness being our pass defense since revis still has to recover from his holdout shenanigans/injury. Here comes the Vontae Davis is better than Revis reply. Right now he probably is. I can assure you that revis didn't out of nowhere forget how to play cb and will return to walking on water shortly.

Pull your heads out of the sand. Start hoping for that wild card because the pats and jets are outclassing you flippers

12254a885fadccc3b-1.gif

Silly phin fans... I was going to make a nice, detailed post explaining Sanchez's progressions from last season til now but it'll only fall on deaf ears. Here is what you should understand, because some of you guys are delusional. Sanchez still has room for improvement and WILL get better, as will Henne. We over at the jets handouts think henne is a good qb and you guys have some good young players to build around: long, Davis, wake, marsall.. Etc. The problem is that you guys have some inferiority complex and refuse to give credit to anything or anyone jets related. If the jets win, it's luck. If the jets lose, it's because they suck. When something goes well for the fins, it's because of henne's arm butwhen you guys lose it's dan hennings fault right? Check your forum, this pattern repeats ad nauseom throughout.

In all honesty, you guys WANT TO BE US. Were practically firing on all cylinders with our weakness being our pass defense since revis still has to recover from his holdout shenanigans/injury. Here comes the Vontae Davis is better than Revis reply. Right now he probably is. I can assure you that revis didn't out of nowhere forget how to play cb and will return to walking on water shortly.

Pull your heads out of the sand. Start hoping for that wild card because the pats and jets are outclassing you flippers

You had me until this... that's just retarded. If I wanted Miami to be the Jests I would simply find a way to move them to the Giants stadium and hire some a-hole with a penis for a head to sit on some other guys shoulders and swear a lot.

You had me until this... that's just retarded. If I wanted Miami to be the Jests I would simply find a way to move them to the Giants stadium and hire some a-hole with a penis for a head to sit on some other guys shoulders and swear a lot.

:sidelol: I couldn't help but laugh.

lol @ the fins fans trying to say henne is much better because he has a higher completion percentage. that's CPF right there. better known as chad pennington football. chad pennington was the king of completion percentage. too bad he was a mediocre qb at best. that said i would like to see sanchez get his % up a bit. but this game isn't won by the qb with the highest completion percentage. i'd say the comparison is sorta even right now....with a slight lead in sanchez' favor due to his td/int stats and wins/losses stats. because in the end it's whether or not your qb gets you in the endzone or not. and i'd have to say the the jets #4 ranking at 27 points per game vs. the fins ranking at #28 with 16.5 points per game says it all.

It's not really a direct competition, and it's way too early to call it either way. It's like comparing two hitters in the third inning of a baseball game and saying the guy who is 1 for 1 is better than the guy who is 1 for 2.

They're both in the early development stages and I think they both end up being very good.

That being said, I think Sanchez is a little further along in the development stage in a few areas, most prominent being looking off the defender. Most of Sanchez's worst picks last year came from two things: 1) Staring down his target, and 2) Refusing to throw it away. I think Henne was way better than Sanchez last year as far as being willing to take what the defense gives him and live to fight another day, but so far he seems a little behind Sanchez as far as telegraphing his passes.

Another place where Henne had the edge IMO last year over Sanchez was ball placement. Henne's got a very good back-shoulder throw, and thus far I think he's still ahead of Sanchez, though I think Sanchez is closing the gap.

I still stand by my opinion that both will be fine, and as a football fan in general I look forward to ten years plus of old-school, fifteen-round heavyweight fights between these two. Wether you like the outcome of Jets-Dolphins games or not, you definitely get your money's worth.

lol @ the fins fans trying to say henne is much better because he has a higher completion percentage. that's CPF right there. better known as chad pennington football. chad pennington was the king of completion percentage. too bad he was a mediocre qb at best. that said i would like to see sanchez get his % up a bit. but this game isn't won by the qb with the highest completion percentage. i'd say the comparison is sorta even right now....with a slight lead in sanchez' favor due to his td/int stats and wins/losses stats. because in the end it's whether or not your qb gets you in the endzone or not. and i'd have to say the the jets #4 ranking at 27 points per game vs. the fins ranking at #28 with 16.5 points per game says it all.
I don't think you understand. 55% is bad anyway you look at it. There is absolutely no way to sugarcoat it. Add on top of that he has a great offensive line and solid running game. Sanchez has had three pretty solid games, and two garbage games. That makes him clearly outplaying Henne? Has Sanchez thrown for 300 yards once, just once in his career? You will say I'm just using statistics to my advantage, but those are bad stats. Doesn't take an NFL scout to realize it.

I don't think you understand. 55% is bad anyway you look at it. There is absolutely no way to sugarcoat it. Add on top of that he has a great offensive line and solid running game. Sanchez has had three pretty solid games, and two garbage games. That makes him clearly outplaying Henne? Has Sanchez thrown for 300 yards once, just once in his career? You will say I'm just using statistics to my advantage, but those are bad stats. Doesn't take an NFL scout to realize it.

Sanchez isn't asked to throw for 300 yards.

The Jets are 11-3 in their last 14 games. (Including Playoffs)

1 loss was in the AFCCG and the other 2 are by a combined 4 points.

Sanchez is doing what he has to do to win games.

Sanchez isn't asked to throw for 300 yards.

The Jets are 11-3 in their last 14 games. (Including Playoffs)

1 loss was in the AFCCG and the other 2 are by a combined 4 points.

Sanchez is doing what he has to do to win games.
anyone can do wat sanchez is being asked to do to win games. the guy is always set up with nice field position, has an ol that is one of the best in the game that does not allow him to be touched, and barely needs to throw the ball.

when sanchez's team is down by 3 or more and its the last drive of the game, and hes able to tie it up or win the game then, then u can maybe talk about sanchez. right now he is just along for the ride. their is no doubt in my mind someone like brady quinn can even do on the jets wat sanchez is.

anyone can do wat sanchez is being asked to do to win games. the guy is always set up with nice field position, has an ol that is one of the best in the game that does not allow him to be touched, and barely needs to throw the ball.

when sanchez's team is down by 3 or more and its the last drive of the game, and hes able to tie it up or win the game then, then u can maybe talk about sanchez. right now he is just along for the ride. their is no doubt in my mind someone like brady quinn can even do on the jets wat sanchez is.

It's not Sanchez's fault his team isn't bad enough to always have the opportunity to make late game comebacks due to always being behind...

I'm not saying Henne is bad or Sanchez is MVP Worthy. However, if you have any knowledge of the game, all you have to do is watch them play to realize who is performing better at this point in their careers.

Did you see Sanchez score that 4th quarter TD on 3rd down on the road against San Diego in the playoffs?

What about help march down the field late and score against two good defenses in Miami and Minnesota this year?

Have the greatest rookie passer rating in Playoff history by a very wide margin?

Sanchez is 23, Henne is 26...and at this point in their careers even after Jets fans take off their Green Goggles, and Dolphins fans take off their Aqua and Orange ones......you can't honestly justify Henne being the better QB.

They are both good and I am looking forward to their battles for the next decade, but it's laughable to see you Dolphins fans try and justify Henne being a better QB RIGHT NOW.

sorry to inform you but completion percentage and games over 300 yards isn't quite as important as you think it is. what is more important is scoring and not turning the ball over. of which sanchez has a clear advantage over henne at this point in the season. btw...the times henne has gone over 300 yds he threw the ball 40 to 50 times. the jets don't ever have to drop back 40 or 50 times. and personally i'm glad. the fact of the matter is that right now....sanchez is leading a much much more productive offense than henne is. now i'm not saying that sanchez has been putting the offens eon his back and willing them to scores. but he ha sbeen part of the solution and not part of a problem. henne has been part of a problem thus far. because as of now....the dolphins offense has been crap and henne has some blame to take there.

Two garbage games? Sure, that would be what you come up with after watching all 5 Jet games this season.

There's only one stat that counts. Sanchez has a winning percentage as the Jets starting QB. Sanchez won down the stretch to get his team into the playoffs, Henne choked away the playoffs, playing like sh1t down the stretch. Once in, Sanchez played his best football.

Henne doesn't have total support in Miami, he almost lost his job this preseason and had to get a lame vote of confidence from his HC. Not even a hint of that with the Jets, a team with higher aspirations than the fins.

Love the if the ball was picked posts. Henne should have had 2 pick 6s in the first half vs. the Jets, Cromartie and Wilson each dropped one apiece. Woulda, couldas are stupid, happens to every QB.

Henne's pro career is the same as his college career. Games where he looks great followed by games where he looks like a scrub without talent.

Back
Top Bottom