Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

It's very clear that this was the only detail they wanted to come out of this press conference. No details about anything except the fact that Philbin met with Martin and Martin never conveyed any of this to him.

It's a bunker, war time strategy, designed to shift the focus from the team to Martin. What did he say? When did he say it? Why didn't he say so and so? RATHER than addressing the widespread criminal conduct that's been going on right under their noses.
Now YOU are talkking BS. Every bit of the revelations thus far revealed is speculative, at best. Including everything Cog's dad said on this forum. For all we know, Cog's 10 year old wrote those comments while visiting with his grandad. I'm not saying it isn't true, but at this point no organization in its right mind would increase the speculation by speculating even further about things they don't know.

philbin handled that how you are supposed to. no comment until the investigation is over. he did say he met with Martin and he never said anything. either hes lying or Martin is being shady

I don't necessarily believe anyone. I believe what's believable. The idea that Philbin thought everything was absolutely hunky dory until yesterday is not believable. It has been widely reported that Martin came to Philbin back in the Spring.
Yes he is covering his butt big time! Big time!
No Joe didn't lie, he is just leaving out the things he knows so he does not have to talk about them.

Reporter -- "Is there racism on your team, coach?"

Philbin -- "Again, that's going to fall within the review of the NFL."

Seriously? You can't find room for one non-robotic passionate sentence.

It's like he took lessons from Michael Dukakis.

The opening statement wasn't bad, although I thought he should have been more specific regarding the communication with Martin. I doubt the Dolphins asked enough questions or the appropriate questions, if Martin didn't offer any specific complaints. This is hardly a typical situation, leaving the team in midseason. What's going on? Probe him. Ask the 4 or 5 or 25 follow up questions, even if they are uncomfortable. Where's Larry King when you need him? It's my annoyance with this era in general. The premier investigative reporters are gone so nobody seems to understand that the typical questioning they witness is not sufficient or effective.

The questioning segment was nervous and weak, highlighted by the exchange I led off with.

Why? To appease you? There is a proper way of handling these things and I'm pretty sure it doesn't include letting the "Awsi Dooger" of the world know every single detailed of what happened. I'm extremely happy that he didn't give any specific details.

Yeah guys. There have been media reports that have stated that Martin came to Philbin. The media never lies so we should surely trust those sources.

philbin handled that how you are supposed to. no comment until the investigation is over. he did say he met with Martin and he never said anything. either hes lying or Martin is being shady

I don't think he did handle it right. A situation like this needs more than the standard answer. I can't believe he said he was 100% focused on the game coming up. OH my god. Even if you are, in this situation it is the wrong time to say it, because first of all that is not true. So perhaps he is a liar. He is not 100% focused on the next game and neither are his players or owner. So Joe, you ain't building any trust. I question you. so do others.

Why? To appease you? There is a proper way of handling these things and I'm pretty sure it doesn't include letting the "Awsi Dooger" of the world know every single detailed of what happened. I'm extremely happy that he didn't give any specific details.

He did give some specific details. He was specific that he met with Martin on Monday and that Martin did not allege any player misconduct. Then he was specific that player misconduct was alleged on Sunday.

He was specific about just enough things to turn the spotlight back on Martin and away from the team or himself having to answer any questions -- even broad ones -- about some of this stuff. The called in the investigators exactly so they can avoid answering anything.

Extortion is a crime. Workplace harassment is a crime. Death threats are a crime. Making racially motivated threats is a hate crime.

Your posts are a crime.

Perhaps we have different notions of the term "wide spread", with your notion of "wide" pertaining to the actions of one individual.

None of this makes any sense, and no one knows what drove Martin out of the building, all of these voice recordings and such were done in April, and from what I've read Martin and Incognito pulled a prank on Garner in the months that followed. Unless they have any concrete CURRENT info on what drove Martin batty, it's like the blind leading the blind right now and a case of he said she said.

:lol:

So you don't believe him so that means you're going with a theory that isn't proven in any way.

Nothing has been proven either way. Yet here we are discussing it. I'm going with the theory that makes the most sense to me, as is everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your opinion. Why comment on something that isn't resolved though?

So we're to believe that the Dolphins had no idea something was wrong with Martin?
We know that's not true and they're trying to act like an Ostrich with its head in the sand.

He clearly stated he had talked to Martin, and his family NUMEROUS times, including this past weekend and there was never any talk about misconduct. Either Joe is lying, or Martin is a flake.

If he's lying it would get proven at some point. I don't think he's a ****ing moron that would pull a stunt like that.

Back
Top Bottom