Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

And I should believe him why?

Lol ok... Who are you believing instead then? Martin?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Reporter -- "Is there racism on your team, coach?"

Philbin -- "Again, that's going to fall within the review of the NFL."

Seriously? You can't find room for one non-robotic passionate sentence.

It's like he took lessons from Michael Dukakis.

The opening statement wasn't bad, although I thought he should have been more specific regarding the communication with Martin. I doubt the Dolphins asked enough questions or the appropriate questions, if Martin didn't offer any specific complaints. This is hardly a typical situation, leaving the team in midseason. What's going on? Probe him. Ask the 4 or 5 or 25 follow up questions, even if they are uncomfortable. Where's Larry King when you need him? It's my annoyance with this era in general. The premier investigative reporters are gone so nobody seems to understand that the typical questioning they witness is not sufficient or effective.

The questioning segment was nervous and weak, highlighted by the exchange I led off with.

There's legal implications here. What is so hard to understand about this?

Reporter -- "Is there racism on your team, coach?"

Philbin -- "Again, that's going to fall within the review of the NFL."

Seriously? You can't find room for one non-robotic passionate sentence.

It's like he took lessons from Michael Dukakis.

The opening statement wasn't bad, although I thought he should have been more specific regarding the communication with Martin. I doubt the Dolphins asked enough questions or the appropriate questions, if Martin didn't offer any specific complaints. This is hardly a typical situation, leaving the team in midseason. What's going on? Probe him. Ask the 4 or 5 or 25 follow up questions, even if they are uncomfortable. Where's Larry King when you need him? It's my annoyance with this era in general. The premier investigative reporters are gone so nobody seems to understand that the typical questioning they witness is not sufficient or effective.

The questioning segment was nervous and weak, highlighted by the exchange I led off with.

I agree with you. I thought the opening statements were strong, but after that it went off the rails.

Glad to see there are as many armchair press secretaries as there are armchair NFL general managers on this forum.

He clearly stated he had talked to Martin, and his family NUMEROUS times, including this past weekend and there was never any talk about misconduct. Either Joe is lying, or Martin is a flake.

Lol ok... Who are you believing instead then? Martin?

I don't necessarily believe anyone. I believe what's believable. The idea that Philbin thought everything was absolutely hunky dory until yesterday is not believable. It has been widely reported that Martin came to Philbin back in the Spring.

The fans are worse than the twitter headline seeking media. Reaction, reaction, reaction! Fire him! He shoulda been monitoring all the text messages!

You face palming? That's rich.

Have you? Tell me of the "wide spread" criminal conduct you speak of.

Extortion is a crime. Workplace harassment is a crime. Death threats are a crime. Making racially motivated threats is a hate crime.

I don't necessarily believe anyone. I believe what's believable. The idea that Philbin thought everything was absolutely hunky dory until yesterday is not believable. It has been widely reported that Martin came to Philbin back in the Spring.

Sorry, nothing Philbin has done in his tenure leads me to believe that he would brush off racist remarks and non stop bullying. So I'll go ahead and believe Philbin when he's speaking in front of the sports world and not call him a liar.

You can keep hoping though...

Yeah, that's right Mr. know it all. And what did Martin say in those meetings? Do tell.

The only thing put forward in the Press conference was "covering themselves as doing the best they could" and "trying to say the right thing", but he did not. Philbin portrayed the team as more concerned with "how the team management acted" rather than concern for the men involved. Yes I know he said it was important. (just words) Every paragraph he spoke had to do with self-defence.

No one will want to kill themselves for this guy (so to speak)

I'm wondering if Miami really does need to start over. This is not the no none sense guy were were looking for. Damn.

I keep hearing this from fans, but what report was this exactly?

Extortion is a crime. Workplace harassment is a crime. Death threats are a crime. Making racially motivated threats is a hate crime.

And despite all of that you were expecting Philbin to be open with the media right now?

Back
Top Bottom