Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

So what new things did we learn from that?

We learned that Martin left the team after the cafeteria altercation, and met with Joe that night. Joe thought that the meeting went well, and then out of the blue he got a call from Martin's lawyers citing player misconduct. Why wouldn't Martin be frank with Philbin during that meeting?
Possibly because Philbin made it clear to Martin that he would expect him back with the team, and Martin's only ammo to keep himself away from the team (for whatever personal reasons he has) was the Incognito stuff.

Maybe he did, or maybe beause Philbin didn't solve it the first time.

That was a bull****, terrible press conference.

I mean, no wonder the Dolphins contacted the NFL and welcomed an investigation. It protects them from having to answer ANY substantive questions about this situation, and then, after the report is released, they can defer all questions to the people who wrote it.

It's a big bag of ****.

What were you honestly hoping for? It's a press conference by a pro football team. Did you think Philbin was going to come out and break character and just have some "tell all" with the press? lol

I had hoped for more from Philbin. Strange line, "I take this stuff seriously", then goes on to say, "Currently I'm only focused 100% on the next game". Well unfortunately Joe, you are going to have to multi task. Someone should start writing for him. I get reality for him, I do. But just stop it with the cliche lines and be a human, someone people can follow. He's worried for sure, can't wait to see the next chapter unfold.
Not really. Someone else in the organization should be handling this entire thing, IMO. Philbin should be making sure only that he's monitoring future occurrences of it adequately.

i thought philbin was great... why didn't martin tell phibin during their meeting.. all seems strange.

It's very clear that this was the only detail they wanted to come out of this press conference. No details about anything except the fact that Philbin met with Martin and Martin never conveyed any of this to him.

It's a bunker, war time strategy, designed to shift the focus from the team to Martin. What did he say? When did he say it? Why didn't he say so and so? RATHER than addressing the widespread criminal conduct that's been going on right under their noses.

that was a bull****, terrible press conference.

I mean, no wonder the dolphins contacted the nfl and welcomed an investigation. It protects them from having to answer any substantive questions about this situation, and then, after the report is released, they can defer all questions to the people who wrote it.

It's a big bag of ****.

yup

What were you honestly hoping for? It's a press conference by a pro football team. Did you think Philbin was going to come out and break character and just have some "tell all" with the press? lol

It wasn't more or less than I hoped for. Doesn't it mean it wasn't bull****, however.

That was a bull****, terrible press conference.

I mean, no wonder the Dolphins contacted the NFL and welcomed an investigation. It protects them from having to answer ANY substantive questions about this situation, and then, after the report is released, they can defer all questions to the people who wrote it.

It's a big bag of ****.

Wtf are you talking about. Philbin said Martin never told him of any abuse. When he was informed, he acted. What more do you want him to do at this point. Break down like a little b**** on stage and beg for forgiveness?

Wtf are you talking about. Philbin said Martin never told him of any abuse. When he was informed, he acted. What more do you want him to do at this point. Break down like a little b**** on stage and beg for forgiveness?

And I should believe him why?

Reporter -- "Is there racism on your team, coach?"

Philbin -- "Again, that's going to fall within the review of the NFL."

Seriously? You can't find room for one non-robotic passionate sentence.

It's like he took lessons from Michael Dukakis.

The opening statement wasn't bad, although I thought he should have been more specific regarding the communication with Martin. I doubt the Dolphins asked enough questions or the appropriate questions, if Martin didn't offer any specific complaints. This is hardly a typical situation, leaving the team in midseason. What's going on? Probe him. Ask the 4 or 5 or 25 follow up questions, even if they are uncomfortable. Where's Larry King when you need him? It's my annoyance with this era in general. The premier investigative reporters are gone so nobody seems to understand that the typical questioning they witness is not sufficient or effective.

The questioning segment was nervous and weak, highlighted by the exchange I led off with.

It's very clear that this was the only detail they wanted to come out of this press conference. No details about anything except the fact that Philbin met with Martin and Martin never conveyed any of this to him.

It's a bunker, war time strategy, designed to shift the focus from the team to Martin. What did he say? When did he say it? Why didn't he say so and so? RATHER than addressing the widespread criminal conduct that's been going on right under their noses.

Wide spread criminal conduct? Laughable man.

Go back to the Pats forum.

That PC made the organization and Philbin's control over this situation look worse than if they didn't have one at all.

UGLY

Really?

What the hell did people expect to hear? That Joe knew everything and it will all be solved over a beer and some wings?

Get a grip people. Joe says one wrong thing and you are talking million dollar lawsuits.

Of course he would say nothing and we would get nothing other than what we already know.

How? He said he wasn't going to comment as it's ongoing. That sounds like law-speak to me.

On going is a way to hide behind the shield. Dolphins PR game plan to to not talk about it and hope it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom