Michael Egnew... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

deangelo hall sucks...if he played for us i'd be pissed...asante samuel is a freaking ballhawk or he was at least in his prime...antonio cromarties physical tools for his great length BLOW SEAN SMITHS OUT THE WATER...that guys like a preying mantis...

Smith is taller with longer arms and nearly as fast. He doesn't have the same change of direction at that size but he's also not a ****ing idiot, which Cromartie is.

nhamdi is what you hope for when you take a chance on a corner that tall and long...but for every corner that makes it with his length and size there's a ton that never add up to squat...nhamdi is the absolute exception...i don't even like corners that long in the draft cause you usually end up with average hips average feet and given that length guys who have to gather in and out of cuts...i don't think they'll be as quick twitch and sudden and heck the league doesn't either thats why they are so few and far between...and sean smith just reinforces those beliefs for me...the gather steps the feet he can't match etc...if you think ocs are afraid to go after that guy your nuts...

Then why don't they?

now you tell me what kind of routes sean smith is not susceptible to??? i don't know of any...

as for my vontae scouting report more than happy to give it you...tomorrow...got to be at the gym to play ball in like 5 hours...

I would avoid throwing fades, fade stops, corner routes and skinny posts against Smith. He also does a good job undercutting out breaking routes in particular when he reads them. His arm length really helps him there.

you guys can defend michael egnew however you want but there's absolutely no reason that he shouldn't be competing for a playing time roll right now given what's in front of him at the position...a fullback hback making a complete switch to te and having a hard time learning the formations and responsibilities and droppin the rock in practice to boot is his only comp...not to mention charles clay is never gonna be a plus in line blocker

and the kids getting burn in the 4th quarter of games and competing with the rawest te i've seen in a while les brown for snaps against camp fodder...oc calling the kid "terrible and if i was the gm i'd cut you"

he gets a pass from this front office this year probably given his lofty draft status and ireland is as stubborn as some of you but i would not hesitate for a nanosecond to look to bring in a real te prospect next year...one that can separate from lbs has suddenness to his game and if it's what we want in a te one that showed he can handle himself in line...this **** is a joke...that kids a oversized one speed wr masquerading as a nfl te

you guys can defend michael egnew however you want but there's absolutely no reason that he shouldn't be competing for a playing time roll right now given what's in front of him at the position...a fullback hback making a complete switch to te and having a hard time learning the formations and responsibilities and droppin the rock in practice to boot is his only comp...not to mention charles clay is never gonna be a plus in line blocker

and the kids getting burn in the 4th quarter of games and competing with the rawest te i've seen in a while les brown for snaps against camp fodder...oc calling the kid "terrible and if i was the gm i'd cut you"

he gets a pass from this front office this year probably given his lofty draft status and ireland is as stubborn as some of you but i would not hesitate for a nanosecond to look to bring in a real te prospect next year...one that can separate from lbs has suddenness to his game and if it's what we want in a te one that showed he can handle himself in line...this **** is a joke

I'd be looking to do that no matter how Egnew's rookie season goes.

I'd be looking to do that no matter how Egnew's rookie season goes.

well then if you are bringing in a kid to threaten the seam and squeeze the safeties this kid is a waste pick...cause you will never get by with him in line as a real blocker...

Everyone and theirs mothers knew jimmy graham was going to be a beast. If you watched cane games you could tell the kid was a special talent. He was right there 4 the taking and Ireland draft another scrub. Eggnog will be nothing more than a backup.

:lol:

Who the **** is this guy? I didnt even read his posts in this thread till just now. I like his style.

Then why don't they?

They do. Although it's just a lot easier to attack the inadequate talent and depth behind him for one play drives that cover the length of the entire field. Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGkwQNKD_k

..or this... (Cleveland attacked Smith with Watson here on the game winning drive)... only to see the inadequate depth (Wilson) lost in zone coverage and give up the game winning touchdown...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/medi...Dolphins/9234a912-ef90-4eb9-a54c-8d598251f257

That's cool, bro.

You remind me of a troll, bro.

:lol2:

I had no idea this thread turned epic at around post 90 or so.
This was the best line so far as I have backtracked to read this thing. I had just been coming in here to drop a :tubes: every so often since Egg nog is a bust. :lol:

FINALLY!!!! A decent thread on this main forum. Geez. I thought I was going to have to wait till another washed up player beats his wife or does something else stupid before an entertaining thread came around this place. The main forum has been about as entertaining as a Mets vs Rockies game at Citi Field in late August lately. Where is the god damned comedy or interesting football discussion people!!!!

Im with that troll though on scrub players. Can we stop talking about camp battles with all these irrelevant players. I know this team lacks talent and all, but can we mix in some talk about the good players and not the same boring stuff.

We have to survive till the day David Garrard gets cut. That should get us to the season. But, for now we need more threads like this.

Funny line CK and nice trolling by whatever that dudes name is. Hoos youre bringing it in this thread too. Nice job outta you. There has to be some people on this site that know how to stir some ****. CK and hoops going Skip Bayless and Steve Smith mixed in with that troll heckler is decent. But, we need more.

Also, what ever happened with that bet CK lost to hoops about Sean Smith? Have you still not admitted you lost on that one and still welshing CK?

:lol2:

I had no idea this thread turned epic at around post 90 or so.
This was the best line so far as I have backtracked to read this thing. I had just been coming in here to drop a :tubes: every so often since Egg nog is a bust. :lol:

FINALLY!!!! A decent thread on this main forum. Geez. I thought I was going to have to wait till another washed up player beats his wife or does something else stupid before an entertaining thread came around this place. The main forum has been about as entertaining as a Mets vs Rockies game at Citi Field in late August lately. Where is the god damned comedy or interesting football discussion people!!!!

Im with that troll though on scrub players. Can we stop talking about camp battles with all these irrelevant players. I know this team lacks talent and all, but can we mix in some talk about the good players and not the same boring stuff.

We have to survive till the day David Garrard gets cut. That should get us to the season. But, for now we need more threads like this.

Funny line CK and nice trolling by whatever that dudes name is. Hoos youre bringing it in this thread too. Nice job outta you. There has to be some people on this site that know how to stir some ****. CK and hoops going Skip Bayless and Steve Smith mixed in with that troll heckler is decent. But, we need more.

Also, what ever happened with that bet CK lost to hoops about Sean Smith? Have you still not admitted you lost on that one and still welshing CK?

I admitted I lost that bet a long time ago. After the season was done and the final numbers were in, just as the bet stipulated from the start.

Sean Smith 432 yards allowed on 448 pass snaps (0.964 yards per pass snap), Vontae Davis 530 yards allowed on 566 pass snaps (0.936 yards per pass snap).

Hoops won. By 0.028 yards per pass snap.

Personally, I felt my point was made. Hoops was all over Vontae Davis for how good of a player he was, while claiming that Sean Smith was total garbage and should be cut from the team. His exact claim was that Smith would be "dragged up and down the field". I actually admitted that for me the question of which guy would have better yards per pass snap is about 50/50, however for hoops the way he was talking up Davis while pretending Smith should be playing in the CFL, it should have been impossible for Smith to even come close let alone beat him. So I took my coin flip chances versus his judgment that one player shouldn't even be in the NFL while the other is a Pro Bowler waiting to happen, and for all intents and purposes the players tied. In fact, if you toss out the games Sean Smith played at safety and only count those he played corner, he allowed 325 yards on 375 pass snaps which comes out to 0.867 yards per pass snap. If I had stipulated that only games the two players play at cornerback would count, I would have officially won the bet. But I didn't. Just like if hoops had stipulated that the bet would be nullified if one of the players got benched for a game, he might have had a leg to stand on in his argument for ending the bet early. But he didn't.

I admitted I lost that bet a long time ago. After the season was done and the final numbers were in, just as the bet stipulated from the start.

Sean Smith 432 yards allowed on 448 pass snaps (0.964 yards per pass snap), Vontae Davis 530 yards allowed on 566 pass snaps (0.936 yards per pass snap).

Hoops won. By 0.028 yards per pass snap.

Personally, I felt my point was made. Hoops was all over Vontae Davis for how good of a player he was, while claiming that Sean Smith was total garbage and should be cut from the team. I actually admitted that for me the question of which guy would have better yards per pass snap is about 50/50, however for hoops the way he was talking up Davis while pretending Smith should be playing in the CFL, it should have been impossible for Smith to even come close let alone beat him. So I took my coin flip chances versus his judgment that one player shouldn't even be in the NFL while the other is a Pro Bowler waiting to happen, and for all intents and purposes the players tied. In fact, if you toss out the games Sean Smith played at safety and only count those he played corner, he allowed 325 yards on 375 pass snaps which comes out to 0.867 yards per pass snap. If I had stipulated that only games the two players play at cornerback would count, I would have officially won the bet. But I didn't. Just like if hoops had stipulated that the bet would be nullified if one of the players got benched for a game, he might have had a leg to stand on in his argument for ending the bet early. But he didn't.

Well, to be honest, I will tell you whats pretty clear cut.............. Sean Smith ****ing blows. Seriously bro. Sean Smith is hot garbage. How he starts in this league I will never know. He gets toasted on the reg. When he is actually in position he gets outplayed for the ball in air EVERYTIME. But, typically he is making huge fundamental errors that allow receivers to toast him.

Vontae on the other hand, has all the talent to be a great corner in this league. Why he isnt yet is anyones guess. Its definately debateable. I cant figure it out.

Also, Eggnog is likely a huge bust. I dont see the skills. I didnt expect him to be a real TE, but I thought he could possibly be a seem buster and have a role on the team. But, the more I listened to hoops about it and think about the Big 12, he is probably right.

Well, to be honest, I will tell you whats pretty clear cut.............. Sean Smith ****ing blows. Seriously bro. Sean Smith is hot garbage. How he starts in this league I will never know. He gets toasted on the reg. When he is actually in position he gets outplayed for the ball in air EVERYTIME. But, typically he is making huge fundamental errors that allow receivers to toast him.

Vontae on the other hand, has all the talent to be a great corner in this league. Why he isnt yet is anyones guess. Its definately debateable. I cant figure it out.

Also, Eggnog is likely a huge bust. I dont see the skills. I didnt expect him to be a real TE, but I thought he could possibly be a seem buster and have a role on the team. But, the more I listened to hoops about it and think about the Big 12, he is probably right.

I disagree on Sean Smith. And evidently Kevin Coyle, Lou Anarumo, Todd Bowles, Mike Nolan and Blue Adams all disagree as well. But to each their own. I personally have never had a problem disagreeing with coaches. I don't expect you to have a problem disagreeing with coaches. What I do have a problem is the vanity involved in not allowing for respectful disagreement about players even in cases where a plurality of coaches so clearly disagree with your position. I never said that Sean Smith was a Pro Bowler. I said he was a starter and that any given year he could outperform Vontae Davis because of Vontae's inconsistency. I think I have been right on the money about that. If you don't think so, that's fine.

As for Michael Egnew, again I never graded him as a Pro Bowl player. I said he's probably another Jermaine Gresham, whom I don't consider to be a Pro Bowl worthy player and whom I did not deem to be worthy of a 1st round draft pick at the time he was drafted. Under different circumstances, I might have been deemed a Michael Egnew "hater" rather than a Michael Egnew "fan". I think he was a worthwhile 3rd round gamble, and I had him around the 3rd best tight end in a class that had only one elite prospect. We will see whether I was correct or not. But I sure as hell know it's flat out ridiculous to be raising victory flags and accusing people of never admitting they're wrong just because they have yet to change their mind about a prospect they liked after two preseason games. That is the height of absurdity.

I disagree on Sean Smith. And evidently Kevin Coyle, Lou Anarumo, Todd Bowles, Mike Nolan and Blue Adams all disagree as well. But to each their own. I personally have never had a problem disagreeing with coaches. I don't expect you to have a problem disagreeing with coaches. What I do have a problem is the vanity involved in not allowing for respectful disagreement about players even in cases where a plurality of coaches so clearly disagree with your position. I never said that Sean Smith was a Pro Bowler. I said he was a starter and that any given year he could outperform Vontae Davis because of Vontae's inconsistency. I think I have been right on the money about that. If you don't think so, that's fine.

As for Michael Egnew, again I never graded him as a Pro Bowl player. I said he's probably another Jermaine Gresham, whom I don't consider to be a Pro Bowl worthy player and whom I did not deem to be worthy of a 1st round draft pick at the time he was drafted. Under different circumstances, I might have been deemed a Michael Egnew "hater" rather than a Michael Egnew "fan". I think he was a worthwhile 3rd round gamble, and I had him around the 3rd best tight end in a class that had only one elite prospect. We will see whether I was correct or not. But I sure as hell know it's flat out ridiculous to be raising victory flags and accusing people of never admitting they're wrong just because they have yet to change their mind about a prospect they liked after two preseason games. That is the height of absurdity.

Its all still pretty funny though.

:lol:

Who the **** is this guy? I didnt even read his posts in this thread till just now. I like his style.

He reminds me of that sketch on Robot Chicken where the scientist declares that Pluto is no longer a planet and then starts running around and declaring that a bunch of other scientific laws are false until he gets shot to death after saying that bullets are no longer harmful.

Why are we even arguing about a rookie TE that will most likely not even see the field this year?

egnew sucks. A lot of us thought he would be a good seam TE. We were so far wrong. It should have shown by now like all the other athletic TEs that come into the league and show up their first year.

egnew sucks. A lot of us thought he would be a good seam TE. We were so far wrong. It should have shown by now like all the other athletic TEs that come into the league and show up their first year.

Like Antonio Gates who got cut his first camp? Just sayin'...not everyone bursts on to the scene. Two preseason games and he's having people casting lots for his clothing....wow.....

Back
Top Bottom