Michael Egnew... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

i really thought we'd be picking two wrs in the 2-4th rounds but we wait until the 7th....and then we let losers like wallace get reps? this monkey has been around how long and cant make a roster with hartline as the number 2 wr?

Michael Egnew is the most unfairly shat upon player on the Miami Dolphins roster right now. I guess it always has to be someone.

He got chewed out by Mike Sherman on the same episode of Hard Knocks that saw Charles Clay get chewed out just as bad for even better reason. He's had two drops in preseason. My goodness I've never seen a 3rd round pick's career ended by two drops in preseason. Otherwise the only negative is that our FAMOUSLY ACCURATE camp reporters haven't seen him do much in practice. You know, the famously accurate camp reporters that never noticed that Chris Hogan was being talked about by coaches, offensive and defensive players as "always open" and a "secret weapon"? You know, the famously accurate camp reporters that insisted Vontae Davis' starting job is not in jeopardy?

Michael Egnew made a superb play on the ball for a 31 yard gain against the Buccaneers on a poor pass by Pat Devlin. He made something out of nothing on the play. He also showed what a weapon he can be in the seam by getting open there repeatedly against the Panthers. And his blocking hasn't really been all that bad. He's learning a position he wasn't asked to learn very well at Missouri.

Oh no, but two preseason games in, he's a bust. He's garbage. Please.

Michael Egnew is the most unfairly shat upon player on the Miami Dolphins roster right now. I guess it always has to be someone.

He got chewed out by Mike Sherman on the same episode of Hard Knocks that saw Charles Clay get chewed out just as bad for even better reason. He's had two drops in preseason. My goodness I've never seen a 3rd round pick's career ended by two drops in preseason. Otherwise the only negative is that our FAMOUSLY ACCURATE camp reporters haven't seen him do much in practice. You know, the famously accurate camp reporters that never noticed that Chris Hogan was being talked about by coaches, offensive and defensive players as "always open" and a "secret weapon"? You know, the famously accurate camp reporters that insisted Vontae Davis' starting job is not in jeopardy?

Michael Egnew made a superb play on the ball for a 31 yard gain against the Buccaneers on a poor pass by Pat Devlin. He made something out of nothing on the play. He also showed what a weapon he can be in the seam by getting open there repeatedly against the Panthers. And his blocking hasn't really been all that bad. He's learning a position he wasn't asked to learn very well at Missouri.

Eggnog I mean egnew will be a career backup his whole career, book it. On this roster he might be a starter cuz we suck real bad.

Miami going to cut John Jerry, just like they cut Patrick Turner. They suck at 3rd rd picks too apparently

Not sure about that one, with Martin looking like chopped liver at the moment I do not think dropping Jerry would be wise. As for Egnew, yeah it does seem like we wasted a 3rd round pick on that guy. However, I do think it is a little early to be throwing him under a bus.

It's pretty frustrating to have as beat writers down there Armando, Omar and Izzy. Or Moe, Larry and Curly, whatever. Volin is decent, Hyde is good and Barry Jackson is excellent. I miss Jason Cole quite a bit, the Miami Herald never filled that void- Darlington was a step down. The other guy, maybe his name is Adam Beasley- not sure about him yet.

Phons.com has their twitters running constantly down the right side of the page- that would be quite helpful if the analysis was good, and it's not. It's average at best reporting and analysis combined with a bunch of 8th grade school girl cattiness, infighting and nonsense- a joke. It might have been you that made an excellent point about Barry Jackson- he reports the opinions of people who count, who matter as per Dolphins TC and players as opposed to some shallow self generated observations. These beat reporters for the most part are just running their electric mouths.

I will say that they as a group did mention Hogan as emerging form the beginning, I'll give them that. But they should do and could do (I would hope) a whole lot better. I would give that group a "D" grade at best in terms of being Dolphins beat writers.

Yeah, definitely two games into his first preseason, we can be assured that his being a worthwhile 3rd rounder is already a bad call.

Anything else to add, Omar?
Eggnog is a career backup. Ireland loves drafting backups instead of drafting talent like dez Bryant and jimmy graham. I'd rather have dez crack addict mom running this team then Ireland.

Yeah, definitely two games into his first preseason, we can be assured that his being a worthwhile 3rd rounder is already a bad call.

Anything else to add, Omar?

don't put me in the same place with omar...you can sit around and wait for that scrub to add up to a hill of beans all you want...me not happening...same ole crap i heard with koa misi and sean smith...not buying it...

and if i turn out wrong unlike a lot of people here i'll admit it...

Wasted pick should have been a wr.

Well, what I see happening is Hogan in the slot making a sharp cut out, clearing the middle of the field and Tannehill throwing a rope up the gut to a streaking Egnew for a 30 or 40 yard gain. Stuff like that. Or a Safety keeping his eye on Egnew for a fraction of a second longer, guarding the middle of the field and a Hogan or Pruitt running a hitch or a flag and taking it to the house. Synergy. YOu never know, but for all Egnew is getting bashed, it could very well happen. Dude has some skills and is getting very little credit on this board. We'll see what happens, and he will make the 53.

Egnew will make the 53, book it.... too much ego involved here to cut a 3rd round pick this early.

Back
Top Bottom