Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft

Philbin hasn't been here 10 years. Neither has Tannehill. But go ahead I guess our rookie head coach and Tanneill (who's in china right now slaving away) don't deserve the fan's patience. I don't give a good goddamn what this team has done (or hasn't) in over a decade. I only care about what we're doing this day forward. New logo. lotsa money, draft picks and experience for our Young QB and young team. You're living in the past more than the guys who cling to the 72 undefeated team.

So Ireland has not been the GM for 5 years correct me if Im wrong. Im not asking for Philben to be fired and was one of the biggest supporters of taking tannehill but yea Ireland can go right now in fact I will pay for his flight home coach of course

So Ireland has not been the GM for 5 years correct me if Im wrong. Im not asking for Philben to be fired and was one of the biggest supporters of taking tannehill but yea Ireland can go right now in fact I will pay for his flight home coach of course
ah you want to play hopscotch. Not interested. and you and others are certainly showing a lack of patience daily.

More Logo - thoughts

The more I see it the more the potential new logo grows on me, to the extent that our current one now looks old, cartoonish and just plain dumb. I would go further and dump the helmet stripes and simply have a white helmet and faceguard. The result would be much cleaner and classic looking as the new logo is longer and the stripes would detract from the new look making the helmet too "busy" looking.

Look at the Bucs and Pats who dumped the helmet stripes when they revamped, too me it looks much sleeker and modern.

I also think that the uniforms should be modernised and instead of the stale white on white the uniform should be tweaked to a light dolphin grey colour muchlike the Seahawks "wolf grey" uniform. A new-logo'd clean white non-striped helmet with bottlenose grey uniforms would look stunning in my opinion and represent a true revamp/modernisation of our look and identity. The aqua shirts would remain for night games or as our away uniform, perhaps all-aqua like against the Bears a few seasons ago.

This mock-up for me (grey uni on the left albeit ideally a lighter shade) incoporating the new logo is how I think we should look in 2013

http://dolphinblog.bitchindave.com/2...-uniforms.html

And here is a (real rough!) image of my proposed helmet...its a Longhorns helmet that I crudely photoshopped but you get the idea.

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

The grey uniforms would make us look less soft but retain enough characteristics to retain our identity but allow for a new and hopefully successful next chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah you want to play hopscotch. Not interested. and you and others are certainly showing a lack of patience daily.
Im not playing hopscotch at all. You want to act like Ireland just got here for the sake of your arguement. The fact is he is one of the main men that built the dolphins the last 5 years , u can ignore his past here and act like he had no say fine but dont act like Im using a selective arguement. My arguement has been consistent and Im not just ignoring his role for the sake of conveinence.
jeff Ireland has not done a good job in his role as GM over his 5 years he is the main ingredient in our current series of non winning seasons, the longest since our team's initial inception. So how have I jumped around in my opinion of him.

Sorry man, I just can't get into the potential new logo. It's just really really bad. Give me the current logo any day over that.

Guys. stop being self-endulgent and making new threads about this.

There are already 3-4 worth posting in.

2rjvm-1.jpg

roflmao

The Dolphins should just buy rights to use the Finsheaven.com logo. Now that logo is lean and mean. :)

Just want to point out something: the logo is decided. It HAS to be because the dolphins already had to have submitted their new logo to the nfl by now.

Frankly, the silence and lack of denials are telling...that's the new logo.

I, for one, am happy. I know I'm in the minority.

So, are we expecting fully new jerseys too? All of this by next draft?

mmmm

If Mike Dee is involved you've got to believe they butcher it. That's what I posted in that Griese/Marino thread regarding the logo a couple of months ago, and I'll stand by it.

The toilet bowl version is hysterically inept. Imagine how many nights they stayed up, drawing the tail and head further and further outside the ring. That's enough. No it's not. Wrap it around the other side.

I can just imagine that on a helmet. :lol:

It looks like something you spin to win a free prize. I see that all the time in Las Vegas, nearby the keno lounge. The crowds gather around and cheer, or at least the host encourages them to cheer. It couldn't be more hokey. In our case it's a dilemma whether to spin by the tail section or the head section. You need audience help, like Price is Right when undecided whether or not to stand on 65 cents.

I hope we didn't pay the design company any more than that. What a contribution to Dolphin lore.

IMO, you've really got to be a simpleton to want a tough looking dolphin. Let teenagers be simpletons. They want black cars and black injected into every color scheme. We're not formidable unless we're scowling and black. Maybe the Canes should alter the U to be black, and with thorny ends. That will do it. Orange and green is sort of wimpy, come to think of it.

Imagine the Boston Celtics screwing around with their logo. Of all the logos in professional sports, I always thought the Dolphin logo shared similarities with the Celtics logo. There's a prominent ring, a character with a hat who extends just outside the ring on both sides. Friendly looking character. Perhaps a bit too much going on overall, and not easily sketchable, but a warm feel to the entirety. Almost a wink and a nod, like we know something you don't. I always wondered if the fact that the Dolphins were born in the midst of the great Celtics dynasty of the '60s had something to do with our logo.

If we give up our Celtics-caliber logo, we're just another slop franchise trying to look modern and tough, and remarkably ignorant of how irrelevant that is. Besides, if you adopt a terrible new fight song you can still play the old one more often than not. A logo change doesn't peel off at halftime.

do we even need a new logo?

I like the logo from the late 70's the best.

Not that I am a big fan of the leaks (don't hate them either), I've never been a big fan of the last update to our logo - still super cartoony and the helmet needs to go at this point. Why is everyone so attached to the current logo?

the leaked one looks girly as hell. it needs to look agressive, or dont change it

Back
Top Bottom