Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft

The sheer amount of people DEMANDING a helmet be put on the dolphin is the single most surprising note to me. That helmet had the wrong logo, no facemask, and was positioned as if it was sliding off of the dolphins head. BUT WE NEED IT! IT'S TRADITION! Hilarious!

It must have been a very rough day for you folks when the Broncos changed their logo: "Everyone knows horses fly around in giant D-shaped spaceships and shoot giant pieces of white broccoli out of their nose! IT'S TRADITION!!!"

LceNG-1.png

Has anyone mocked this up with the sun?

I think the blood-orange eye gives the Dolphin an aggressive look, contrary to people who believe the Dolphin can't look that way. It's aggressive, without it being exaggeratively done.

5NMK3-1.png

If they make major changes, that turn off even more fans. I am all in favor of the traditional 70's logo, not the evil dolphin - bad tattoo variety.
Just use the logo from the 80's. Most of the fans here were not even alive so it will be new to them..

Its one MANLY, AGGRESSIVE dolphin!! Opposing players will faint on the field as they are confronted with its overwhelming masculinity!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Upon further consideration, I think I will need to add some skulls hanging off the spikes in the sun to fully complete the look...
the sun needs to be a skull, and it needs a bigger dick, er I mean gun.

the sun needs to be a skull, and it needs a bigger dick, er I mean gun.

If the sun is a skull, then we of course need to add cross bones below it. Maybe give the dolphin an eye patch while we're at it lol.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the leaked logo. I assumed I would hate any change except one back to the original design, but I was wrong. I'm a little surprised that I like it, since when it comes to our unis I tend to be more traditional. (I prefer the all-white kits, I hate the orange jersey, I hate the aqua pants, I think our current "aqua" is too green.) The arch of the dolphin in our logo looked great in the original design with the more realistic looking dolphin. Since we moved to the cartoonish logo, that arch hasn't looked right to me.

Its not a bad logo, its a bad Miami Dolphins logo...

We have tradition.

the dolphin has to be in a specific position (tail down, jumping through the sun)

BLUE IS NOT OUR COLOR...we have 3 colors, white, aqua, and orange...thats it...get rid of the blue

THE HELMET IS A MUST...we have classic unis and a classic logo, we are not the bucks or the pats...we do not need to change our logo that much...this dolphin wears a helmet...put the helmet on him...our logo as a cartoon is awful but still classic...

my top 3 are

dolphins_3-1.png

LceNG-1.png

Zooi2-1.jpg

In all cases I want the sun and the helmet...

The top two are awful IMO. The bottom one has a decent chance though.

I thought it had to be filed and finished to the NFL in November if it was to be changed next year?

I honestly think a slight tweak could save the leaked logo.

See:
1pPtN-1.png

With the added orange stripe above where the eye should be, the logo looks more aggressive and has more movement. Kinda similar to what makes the Bills logo so effective.

Thanks for putting these up. I know the Dolphins front office monitors these message boards. I hope they get the message that this leaked logo looks awful. Go back to one of the 70s logos and throw this trash in a fire. And for the love of God, get rid of the Jimmy Johnson Dallas blue. Our colors are aqua and orange.

Back
Top Bottom