Mock Off Season/ Warning: Includes Substantial Reality | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Off Season/ Warning: Includes Substantial Reality

Even if Hayes and Fede both walk we still have four on the roster. Branch,Wake,Harris,Malveaux. How many do you want on the 53?

The thread added Joe Ostman,Brian Womac, Tee Simms and Jullian Taylor as a tweener to compete with Malveaux for the 4th spot in case Hayes and Fede walk.

Neither Branch nor Wake are long term solutions, which is what the draft is for. DE absolutely is a need.

Ya top ten talent like Tannehill and Dion Jordan, those guys are always without fail better than guys like Russell Wilson,Tom Brady and Demarcus Lawrence.

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever magical about where a kid gets drafted. The only real difference it makes is in the money he gets. Drafting whole players who have a potential for greatness is how to get value in the draft.

Thinking you are getting a great player because the popular consensus was that the guy was really something is a losers game. It happens over and over again every year without fail.

There will be fifth rounders and URFA's who turn out better than 1st rounders. The better GM's know what to look for and what to avoid. Like complete effing morons doing bong hits with a gas mask on.

Lol, that’s true! If you think about it, when was the last time the Patriots had a top 10 pick? Or how many top 10 picks has the Browns had in the past 15 years and they are still **** lol. It all starts at the top in the organization.

I want more picks. We are not one elite player from the playoffs. The more darts we have the better the chances we get some quality youth players. Further, with our cap restrictions we need draft picks not free agents to fill our roster. IF we can find a trade partner in the 1st, move down in the 20's, and pick up a 2nd/3rd or combination (No 6/7 rounders!) we will be able to fill many of our needs with youth.

Miami's top pick should be DE. It's an absolute need, both for this upcoming year and the long-term of the team.

Even if Hayes and Fede both walk we still have four on the roster. Branch,Wake,Harris,Malveaux. How many do you want on the 53?

The thread added Joe Ostman,Brian Womac, Tee Simms and Jullian Taylor as a tweener to compete with Malveaux for the 4th spot in case Hayes and Fede walk.

I should have stated -effective- DEs.

Non of ours are world beaters.

Miami's top pick should be DE. It's an absolute need, both for this upcoming year and the long-term of the team.

Why do you even post that when you know very well they aren't using their 1st round pick on DE two years in a row?

Why do you even post that when you know very well they aren't using their 1st round pick on DE two years in a row?

Haven't broken this out in a while. Baseball clip, but very appropriate. Seems to be needed.

You have absolutely no idea what the FO is doing. None. SCLSU's opinions have every bit as much validity as yours.

"You don't know. You don't."

Lmao are you claiming to know what Miami's first pick this year is going to be? Actually, given Miami's very pedestrian sack total in 2017, it'd be very smart to select a DE two years in a row. Especially since Miami's other defensive ends are a 35-year old, Andre Branch who is good for maybe 5 sacks a year, and Terrance Fedde...

Can't believe I actually read that , but we all are entitled to our own opinion.

Lol, that’s true! If you think about it, when was the last time the Patriots had a top 10 pick? Or how many top 10 picks has the Browns had in the past 15 years and they are still **** lol. It all starts at the top in the organization.

Two of the championship contenders have had top ten picks within the past 2 years and those picks were essential to their current success. But sure, focus on the outliers.

I'm just going to go ahead and head the response to my post off at the pass. Here are some of my (and one of J-Off's) previous posts on this subject. I really should just save them and repost in every year's "let's trade down and get more picks for me to watch on draft day!" threads.
A gold ticket gives you a 50% shot at winning the lotto, a brown ticket gives you a 5% chance at winning the lotto... You have 1 gold ticket and 6 brown tickets... Whats your strategy? **** that gold ticket, I want more brown tickets!... I love tickets! nom nom nom...

Haven't broken this out in a while. Baseball clip, but very appropriate. Seems to be needed.

You have absolutely no idea what the FO is doing. None. SCLSU's opinions have every bit as much validity as yours.

"You don't know. You don't."

I might. I would absolutely hate this, but I think Saquon Barkley will slide to 11 and the Dolphins will draft him.

Thanks to all the hard work and posting this. Whether I agree or disagree with some of it doesn't take away from my appreciation of what you have posted. I will say I'm not a fan of your draft. But I will say I am very intrigued about your idea of signing Davis and playing him at FS ... that actually could work. Having the vet experience of Jones, Davis, and McDonald on the field at the same time would elevate the D's play for sure. Oh I'm also on board with the McDonald thoughts. IMO this is why Miami signed him long term so quickly ... they had a vision on how to use him.

I might. I would absolutely hate this, but I think Saquon Barkley will slide to 11 and the Dolphins will draft him.

I am of the opinion that there are only about three or four "can't miss" talents in this draft. Barkley is one of them.

The whole thread was to give a glimpse of what the off season may look like if they go for the comp picks, right? How then are you complaining about FA's when the whole scenario is about not entering the free agent market in order to secure a 3rd round comp and possibly a fifth as well; and to to accomplish some roll over for the 2019 off season.

If the Dolphins are abandoning hope for comp picks and roll over, then that is a completely different situation.

And for crying out loud, Caroo? It is extremely unlikely he makes any roster next year.

I would love for Carroo to break out this year. I hope he goes Rishard Matthews on everybody's ass.

He's big and talented and one hell of a blocker (model American, lol). Just logjammed, imo.

I don't know if it will happen. I just know how great it would feel for him and Dolphins fans.

Back
Top Bottom