More "Needs" Offense or Defense? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More "Needs" Offense or Defense?

Tua made it thru the whole season and that's good but my God look at our injury report on a weekly basis

With free agency and the draft right around the corner, what side of the ball needs the most help?

Obviously, Miami has a challenge in front of them with so many potential free agents. What happens with Wilkins certainly will impact the offseason, draft etc.

The post by Stoobz on cap compliance is a great thread to read. My take is Miami could free up about $45 million. Not a lot if Wilkins eats up $20 million of that, with six million for draft picks. The team can structure contacts in a way to keep most of the major players together, though. Also referred to as credit card spending.

Anyway, there are obviously needs on both sides of the ball. Towards the end of the season, I thought the defense outplayed the offense. The O did get off to an incredible start.

Let's discuss needs.
that will depend on who we keep and who we lose to free agency.......once that's done then we'll be able to know what we need going into the draft

With free agency and the draft right around the corner, what side of the ball needs the most help?

Obviously, Miami has a challenge in front of them with so many potential free agents. What happens with Wilkins certainly will impact the offseason, draft etc.

The post by Stoobz on cap compliance is a great thread to read. My take is Miami could free up about $45 million. Not a lot if Wilkins eats up $20 million of that, with six million for draft picks. The team can structure contacts in a way to keep most of the major players together, though. Also referred to as credit card spending.

Anyway, there are obviously needs on both sides of the ball. Towards the end of the season, I thought the defense outplayed the offense. The O did get off to an incredible start.

Let's discuss needs.
We’ll probably lose Wilkins and Hunt so both lines need to be replenished. Hopefully Howard stays because that would create a huge need at cb. Not much needs to be upgraded but we will lose some guys and they have to be replaced by cheaper players.

We’ll probably lose Wilkins and Hunt so both lines need to be replenished. Hopefully Howard stays because that would create a huge need at cb. Not much needs to be upgraded but we will lose some guys and they have to be replaced by cheaper players.
I don't think Miami will lose both Hunt and Wilkins. Probably one of the two.

This is not even close.

Offense ranked #2 in points scored.

Defense ranked #22 in points allowed.

That’s before you consider we have more FAs and 2 serious injuries on defensive side and just 1 on offense to key starters.

If we can pick up a Sewell and Mailata for our Oline in the draft, we good.

Tua will get more than 2.5 seconds and our running game will explode. Second level stuff will also take off.

Find us a Vea too in the draft to absolutely stop the run and pressure QBs on every play. Add a couple of eff you LBs, icing on the cake.

Let’s get guys like this in the second and third rounds:

Trade our 1st round for three third round picks. Then grab that guy, or guys like Kingsley, if available in the third.

He’s related to Sewell. Great young man who could be our starting left guard and then take over LT if/when Armstrong misses games.

Back
Top Bottom