NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East

They have the entire NFC East going 7-9. This is nothing more than guesswork. It is no more of an "expert" opinion than most people on this site, even as homeriffic as some of you are.

SD won't make the playoffs. LT is great, amazing, etc. And their defense is good, but an entirely new coaching staff, and a new offense...I would expect Denver to take the AFC West. But as far as Miami goes, I could see them being a 4-12 team or an 11-5 team. Really don't know. It all comes down to the usual suspects: New QB and New O-line. D will be solid, RBs and WRs are fine, but can Cam get Green and the new fatboys going? we'll see.

Question Why would SD have such a new offense since Turner instilled this offense in the first place.

You know, I have been coming here for a long long time, and seen many a Bills fan come and go. I respect the view of this particular Bills fan, but I seriously think he is turned around. I believe that it is the Bills that are in danger of being in shambles. I believe this because first I do not believe in the Bills head coach nor Marv Levy (though I respect the heck out of him). Also I think that Lynch will not be a very good NFL running back (I have been wrong before, see Cadillac Williams [I thought he would be terrible]). However I believe it will depend on the Bills schedule as to what the record will be. Unfortunately, I have not studied the schedule so I cannot say what that record is (although I would venture somewhere between 5-7 wins based on what I know about the roster).

On the reverse, Miami's team is largely the same talent-wise as they were in the past. The only difference throughout the years has been QB play. Now we have seen Gus Frerotte lead us to the brink of the playoffs and (dare I really conjure this name from the great beyond) Jay Fiedler take us to the playoffs. Now if Trent Green can perform at the same level of these two then Miami should win at the least NINE games. Now if Green is a better quarterback than those two then perhaps Miami wins more.

When it all comes down to it, the AFC East will be won by the Patriots (although I do believe that era is coming to an end) with the Phins and Jets fighting for second and a possible playoff spot, and the Bills close behind.

Last year they were predicting us to go to deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl, look how far that got us. I love being the under dog.

Without question, probably the single most advantageous occurance to befall the team this offseason.
Negative hype serves the body of this franchise, nothing but awe inspiring goodness, while "positive" drives it deeper into the dumpster, than any other potential form of misfortune.
Quite the contrary Bills Own You! This messenger bringeth kickazz news!

So far there has been no problem but the potential is there so please no smack on this thread.Hopefully we are mature enough to keep it friendly.:)

You know, I have been coming here for a long long time, and seen many a Bills fan come and go. I respect the view of this particular Bills fan, but I seriously think he is turned around. I believe that it is the Bills that are in danger of being in shambles. I believe this because first I do not believe in the Bills head coach nor Marv Levy (though I respect the heck out of him). Also I think that Lynch will not be a very good NFL running back (I have been wrong before, see Cadillac Williams [I thought he would be terrible]). However I believe it will depend on the Bills schedule as to what the record will be. Unfortunately, I have not studied the schedule so I cannot say what that record is (although I would venture somewhere between 5-7 wins based on what I know about the roster).

On the reverse, Miami's team is largely the same talent-wise as they were in the past. The only difference throughout the years has been QB play. Now we have seen Gus Frerotte lead us to the brink of the playoffs and (dare I really conjure this name from the great beyond) Jay Fiedler take us to the playoffs. Now if Trent Green can perform at the same level of these two then Miami should win at the least NINE games. Now if Green is a better quarterback than those two then perhaps Miami wins more.

When it all comes down to it, the AFC East will be won by the Patriots (although I do believe that era is coming to an end) with the Phins and Jets fighting for second and a possible playoff spot, and the Bills close behind.

Wow you're member #9. I'm member #6 :D

You are entitled to your opinion, and as such you might want to note when it is strictly your opinion, especially on a Fins MB. You may get responses that are fueled by emotion(as opposed to logic) when you attack the team. Just a tip for the future I guess.

Just an opinion, not trying to talk smack. And whoever wrote this article for NFL.com is offering their opinion as well.

I know most fin fans don't care to listen to a bills fans perspective, but Saban destroyed this franchise, and I have to believe it's going to get a lot worse for you before it gets better, especially if Beck or Ginn don't turn out to be legit NFL players.

And don't worry...unlike some buffalo homers i'm not going to tell you that we are superbowl bound in 2007 because I know that's not the reality either, but I can say we are in much better shape than miami right now with all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball. Another 7 or 8 win season this year, and then in 2008 we'll make our move.

EVERY YEAR THE STUPID ANALYSIS'D MAKE THEIR PRSDICTIONS AND ONLY A SMALL FRACTION ARE RIGHT. YOU CANT TEST A MANS HEART AND WILL TO BE THE BEST. TO PLAY AND GET BETTER.WHAT I HAVE LERNED IS THAT ALL THE HYOE MEANS NOTHING. IT ALL ABOUT ANY GIVEN SIUNDAY FOR 16 WEEKS AND EVENTHOUGH EVRY1 IS ON THE PARTIOITS *** I KNOW WE HAVE THEIR NUMBER AND I DONT MAKE NO PREDICTIONS AND JUST WANT TO SEE OUR TEAM MAKE AN IDENTITY AND SUPRISE THIS YEAR.

[mod] Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. [/mod]

lol. I really loved your "Don't shoot the messanger folks" line. That was classic. You loved every minute of posting this.

Thankfully though, when it comes to reality:

1. Miami owns Buffalo lifetime.
2. Buffalo will remain in the state of "we are getting better". Then of course finish the usual 6-10 or 7-9.
3. Pre-season predictions mean squat.

Horrible draft? lol. You wish. Good luck with Paul "weak knee" Posluszny. You think we had a bad draft, try explaining that to us after Paul ends up on IR in the first preseason game. As long as Marv Levy is running things, the Bills won't be winning anything.

Honestly I didn't care for the Posluszny pick either, especially since we wasted another 3rd round pick for the 2nd year in a row to trade up. Plus there's concerns I had with his game and how it will transition into the pros.

But I will tell you than Lynch is going to be the real deal, and definitely is in position to have a huge season as a rookie. Also I'm stunned that you guys didn't pick up Trent Edwards over Beck. Dude is going to be a stud whether it's in Buffalo or with another team down the line.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Jets will be better then that unless Pennington gets hurt again which is a very realistic possibility.

This is key IMO. If Chad stays healthy, I think the Jets are a very dangerous team. That said, it comes down to playing the games. Anything else is guesswork. I'm much more comfortable going into the season not overhyped like we were last offseason.

Just an opinion, not trying to talk smack. And whoever wrote this article for NFL.com is offering their opinion as well.

I know most fin fans don't care to listen to a bills fans perspective, but Saban destroyed this franchise, and I have to believe it's going to get a lot worse for you before it gets better, especially if Beck or Ginn don't turn out to be legit NFL players.

And don't worry...unlike some buffalo homers i'm not going to tell you that we are superbowl bound in 2007 because I know that's not the reality either, but I can say we are in much better shape than miami right now with all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball. Another 7 or 8 win season this year, and then in 2008 we'll make our move.

I don't know how anyone can say Saban destroyed it after what we went through with Wanny.

Actually Saban helped rebuild this franchise with his drafts.

Back
Top Bottom