NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East

Wow you're member #9. I'm member #6 :D

Wow, this is the first time I have seen somebody that has been here as long as I have been in a long long time. Although to be fair, while I am member 9, I was around member 120 or so on the old board, which I still remember. I remember with yearning the days when we had the shoutbox competitions, and we all rallied around the cause of hate of Wanny and Fiedler.

I see that you post a lot more than me though, I never have been much of a poster, more of a reader.

So I am interested in whether or not theres a lot of the original people posting in the VIP.

As to everyone else, sorry to have gotten off track, us old people tend to do this from time to time.

I don't understand what's with all the seahawk love either, especially since the cardinals and 49ers are much better teams heading into the season.

As for the 4-12 prediction for the fish, I really can't argue. Miami is in shambles right now and had a horrible draft. Passing on Brady Quinn will likely haunt this team for the next 10+ years.

We got a guy who will be one of the best return guys in the game, and have a homerun threat on offense as well. We got our QB of the future, a center who will start this year, and another lightning flash at running back. I'd say we made out like bandits.

How are we in shambles? We have one of the NFL's best defenses, a young stud running back, a solid veteran QB, a deep list of solid receivers, and an offensive line that is a bit shaky. Our offensive line could potentially be in shambles, but we'll talk about that around week 5.

This topic isn't about the Bills, so I won't begin on how bad they will be.

Last year they were predicting us to go to deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl, look how far that got us. I love being the under dog.

I couldn't agree more. Do you have any idea how much crow I'd be serving up if we do well? I haven't herd anyone who's not a Dolphins fan mention Miami as a threat.

The team as a whole is better then what we fielded last season. I think we are looking at a 7 to 9 wins this season with a breakout year in 08'. I see the division shaping up like this:

1. Patriots: 13-3
2. Dolphins: 8-8
3. Jets: 7-9
4. Bills: 5-11

Pretty accurate and very objective, nice picks man. I still have to give us the benefit of the doubt in a game or 2 more making a strong push at getting into the playoffs. I can honestly see us winning 10 and getting in, but at the same time, I could also see us falling apart and winning just 5 games (but I highly doubt that) so you're 8 wing pick is a safe one and I like it.

As for the other teams, I agree. I got 12 wins for the Pats, and the same number as you for the Jets and Bills. The Jets beat just one team with a winning record last year, and that could easily be called a fluke (over the Pats.) Pennington is still extremely fragile and I still don't trust his noodle arm.

At the time, it was completely blood boiling but now it's a great thing that many of the Dolphins failures in 2006 were of their own doing. That means they control their own future in many ways. With new tools, new leadership (a figure I've had an immediately good feeling about) this team is heading up. We'll be back on top again soon....persistence is golden and we have the tools to get this done. RAWK ON!!!!!

the guy has every nfc east team finishing 7-9. he is clearly on drugs...though i dont ave a problem with him picking miami to finish last, most "experts" will.

Don't shoot the messanger folks, but I do agree:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10263285

2007 PREDICTED STANDINGS AFC East North South West Patriots (11-5)* Bengals (12-4)* Colts (13-3)* Chargers (10-6)* Jets (8-8) Steelers (11-5)* Titans (10-6)* Broncos (8-8) Bills (8-8) Ravens (10-6) Jaguars (9-7) Chiefs (6-10) Dolphins (4-12) Browns (4-12) Texans (6-10) Raiders (5-11) NFC East North South West Redskins (7-9)* Bears (10-6)* Saints (11-5)* Seahawks (10-6)* Eagles (7-9) Lions (9-7) Panthers (10-6)* Cardinals (9-7)* Giants (7-9) Vikings (6-10) Buccaneers (7-9) Rams (7-9) Cowboys (7-9) Packers (3-13) Falcons (4-12) 49ers (6-10) WILD CARD: NE over TEN, SD over PIT, CHI over ARI, CAR over WAS DIVISIONAL: CIN over NE, SD over IND, SEA over CHI, CAR over NO CHAMPIONSHIP: SD over CIN, SEA over CAR SUPER BOWL: SD over SEA

This is great news, this means Miami should at least win 12 games this year, considering how wrong these people normally are.....nice

and he has arizona goin to the playoffs? like jim mora said......."Playoffs!"?

Please stay on topic guys. If you feel it's a crap thread, don't post, or shoot down the topic with a well thought out post. Talking smack about the Bills is off topic, and against the TOS.

2007 PREDICTED STANDINGS AFC East North South West Patriots (11-5)* Bengals (12-4)* Colts (13-3)* Chargers (10-6)* Jets (8-8) Steelers (11-5)* Titans (10-6)* Broncos (8-8) Bills (8-8) Ravens (10-6) Jaguars (9-7) Chiefs (6-10) Dolphins (4-12) Browns (4-12) Texans (6-10) Raiders (5-11) NFC East North South West Redskins (7-9)* Bears (10-6)* Saints (11-5)* Seahawks (10-6)* Eagles (7-9) Lions (9-7) Panthers (10-6)* Cardinals (9-7)* Giants (7-9) Vikings (6-10) Buccaneers (7-9) Rams (7-9) Cowboys (7-9) Packers (3-13) Falcons (4-12) 49ers (6-10) WILD CARD: NE over TEN, SD over PIT, CHI over ARI, CAR over WAS DIVISIONAL: CIN over NE, SD over IND, SEA over CHI, CAR over NO CHAMPIONSHIP: SD over CIN, SEA over CAR SUPER BOWL: SD over SEA

Of course you would agree. If it had you guys going 4-12 we would agree also.

Anyway, I don't care about predictions anymore. Alot of times they are dead wrong anyway. Look at last year. Everybody had us going 10-6 or even higher and look how that turned out.

Ok so Dallas is predicted here to be 7-9 when in other predictions I've seen them going to the Super Bowl. That alone tells you something.

Ahhh remember the days when we were respected and had 12-4/11-5 predictions? Seems like such a distant memory

I think what immediately discredits NFL.com's predictions, besides the Dolphins going 4-12, is that they have the Titans at 10-6! C'mon, I like VY as much as the next guy but he can't single handedly run the Titans into the playoffs...they have no wide receivers and VY's passings skills are maginal at best.

As for our beloved Dolphins, the should have at least 3 wins after week 6 with wins over the Raiders, Texans and Browns. I personally don't think we're looking at a great year (7-9), but how someone can predict we'll finish worse than the Raiders is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom