NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East

Someone should ditch this thread, look at the bIlls fans name for flips sake and tell me he isnt out to create smack! A Bills fan shouldnt even be allowed to post a thread on a Dolphin fan site IMO if he creates arguments which can get ugly.

It's not getting ugly. There are no personal insults or cheap shots being taken. It's just a little football smack. None of us know what's gonna happen but it fun to talk about it.

I go to Bills' board and can have every say how awesome the Bills are. But it's fun to talk with a rival and there are some good people here. It's all in fun. Trust me, if I meant a person from this board in Buffalo, I'd be more than glad to treat them to a beer. :beer1:

I'm a huge Dolphins fan, always have been, but this is a troubled franchise. Even with a guy dubbed the NFL's best QB ever-they only went to one Super Bowl. Even with what was probably the best team-d ever for 5 or so years, they couldn't get to an AFC title game. This is a wounded franchise, and Wanny-Saban-Spielman types haven't helped. I truly blame H. Wayne, he's a terrible owner who's only successes have come in 1 year w the Marlins and 1 year with the Panthers. Cam was a 2nd tier hire. I hope that things can change, but the holes are glaring and the Phins may never recover. They're more than 1-2 players away.

QB- Green's too old, Beck's a rookie.
OL- Missing a true LT, the OGs are weak, rookie C, Carey's the true 'star'.
RB- Brown's been overrated so far and the back-up's a rookie.
WR/TE- Chambers hasn't been a go-to threat, Booker is ok at best, McMichael is gone, the TE's are weak, the other WR's are weak, Ginn is a ST'er only, and Welker is gone. Hagans needs to step up.
DL- The DT's are old and the back-ups are unproven, one DE is a gamebreaker and the other has yet to really play, no back-ups.
LB- Thomas-Crowder is a great duo, then there's a huge drop off.
DB- The CB's are weak, the S's are good but not great. Jason Allen hasn't been much yet. Could be another in a long line of busted Phins 1st rounders.
ST- Feely is solid but isn't clutch, Ginn is injured, Welker is in NE.

Really if you break it down, this team could easily finish 4-12 if the D starts to show its age and lack of depth.

I agree we could easily go 4-12 it really depends on the oline and Qb play but mostly the oline. I do think you are selling our roster a little too short you have some points but you make me seem like the eternal optimist..

Qb-Not that happy here but we did make an attempt to draft out future
Rb-Ronnie has been solid and booker should be a good backup. I agree too many on this board think that all you have to do is give Ronnie carries and he gets Larry Johnson yards, its much more complex than that.
Wr- I like our set of Wr's, pretty solid set with alot of potential, I hate our Tes very mediocre group.
OL-Wow we could be in trouble, alot depends on carey and yes our guards are weak but at least we added one player to interior that should do well.
Dl- There is some age but there is also some youth Roth,Wright and Solai.
I think wright will be a stud in the longrun.
LB-the starters are all good but of course if you have two pro bowlers as starters then you will have a dropp off at backup but Pope has shown he can play and Spragen played well enough. Not a bad set of backups.
Db- Corner could be a problem, hopefully Goodman can play but if dline has injuries I believe the corners may suffer. I think Allen is good Will that is, Jason he needs GPS just to find the field as of right now.
ST- punter is aquestion but he seems good, really dont think feeley overall is any better than mare, just kick them damn marlins out.
Ginn should be a better returnman then Welker but this is the NFL . All signs to ginn being real good at this job.

It's not getting ugly. There are no personal insults or cheap shots being taken. It's just a little football smack. None of us know what's gonna happen but it fun to talk about it.

I go to Bills' board and can have every say how awesome the Bills are. But it's fun to talk with a rival and there are some good people here. It's all in fun. Trust me, if I meant a person from this board in Buffalo, I'd be more than glad to treat them to a beer. :beer1:

Wasnt aimed at you at all BuffaloSoldier2. Hope u didnt take offense because it was aimed at the guy who created this thread. Ive looked at his previous posts and hes a wind up merchant. I will chat all day with other AFC East fans as long as their arguments are consistent and reasonably respectful and not blatantly biased. Sometimes i ask alot eh! :lol: :up:

If I'm not mistaken he drafted Ronnie Brown #2 overall, when you take a RB that high he better be a 1400+ yard back right of the bat but he has been nothing but a bust so far. I'm sure you want to blame the oline just like a lot of mcgahee homers did in buffalo, but good oline or not you produce if you are an elite back.

Sorry but I don't see anything from his two drafts that indicate he helped rebuild this franchise, especially if Allen don't pan out either.

Tough to get 1400+ yards when you only get 207/241 carries.

I don't understand what's with all the seahawk love either, especially since the cardinals and 49ers are much better teams heading into the season.

As for the 4-12 prediction for the fish, I really can't argue. Miami is in shambles right now and had a horrible draft. Passing on Brady Quinn will likely haunt this team for the next 10+ years.

Seahawks are a year removed from the SB and nearly beat Chicago in Chi-town last year with a seriously banged up team. They have more experience on the field and on the sideline than any other NFC team and the best home field advantage (record wise) in the NFC. Why would they not be one of a few teams considered? They proved last year they can play with the best the NFC had to offer with a secondary fielding guys off the street - literally.

i rather have predictions like this and exceed them than have SI pick us tto go to the superbowl and we suk.....and u cant say our draft sucked until a couple of years...i personally love every guy we drafted...

To put him with Hester, is (to use your own words), "ludicrous".

Most Bogus out on a limb predictions i've seen all offseason. O well, its alright. No way the Super Bowl will be San Diego and Seattle but i do think one of those teams might make it. I guess the playoff predictions aren't too bad but the in-season ones are.

What's funny is that we ALL know without a doubt that Miami with this team and a 37 year old Marino would be odds on favorites to get to the SB. :cooldude:

[mod] It is getting ugly. Keep all future posts on topic please and not just referring to the Buffalo fans. [/mod]

OK, to predict that we will finish last in the division is one thing,especially since we play in one of the tougher divisions.

But to predict that we will go 4-12?!?!?! WOW, this guy is either a complete freaking moron or taking some seriously crazy large quantities of mind altering hallucinogens.:m359:

Honestly I didn't care for the Posluszny pick either, especially since we wasted another 3rd round pick for the 2nd year in a row to trade up. Plus there's concerns I had with his game and how it will transition into the pros.

But I will tell you than Lynch is going to be the real deal, and definitely is in position to have a huge season as a rookie. Also I'm stunned that you guys didn't pick up Trent Edwards over Beck. Dude is going to be a stud whether it's in Buffalo or with another team down the line.

TRUST ME, as far as the Posluszny pick goes, you guys got a freaking steal!:tantrum:
I am a Penn State fan and have watched this guy throughout his career. I will be utterly shocked if he doesn't make multiple pro bowl appearances throughout his nfl career. As a dolphins fan I am a VERY UNHAPPY camper knowing that we are gonna have to face this guy twice a year. He played hurt all last season and still looked good, when this guy is fully healthy like he was the season before, he is a force to be reckoned with and reminds so much of Zack Thomas in that they are both in on or around almost every single defensive stop.

Personally I am glad we took Beck over Trent. Beck is more accurate, has better touch on his passes, a quicker release,is less injury prone and is a proven winner and leader on AND off the field. Now even after saying all that, I stilll think Trent has all the tools to become a stud in the league and have I almost no doubt that he will eventually become a better QB than JP LOSEman (but I guess that really isn't saying too much, is it.:lol:). considering how often this guy got injured (and yes I am quite aware that he played be hind a pretty bad O-line at Stanford), he is gonna have some work ahead of him in proving that he can be relied upon as the starter and stay healthy. Three years from now all these questions will be answered.

The only way any team in this division were to go 4-12 would be if Pennington gets injured, Jason Taylor were to be injured, Tom Brady were to be injured, and J.P. Losman were to be injured. The teams in this division have too much talent on a particular side of the ball to allow them to go 4-12---Miami was a great example of that last year.

I personally believe Buffalo will finish last in the division, but it will be with a 6-10 record.

Back
Top Bottom