NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com 2007 predictions: Dolphins 4-12, last place in AFC East

No way the Dolphins finish 4 - 12. But I'm really glad to see the media bashing the Dolphins. I don't want them setting lofty expectations on the Dolphins. Now, anything Miami does better than 4 wins is better than what they expected. That should be easy to do.

That's a really good point. I like everyone predicting the Phins to finish 4-12. It will go straight to the psyche of the team. If they can start out getting a couple wins in the first four or five games it can really be a moral booster and lead to them believing they can win, lead to them having a fun season, and best of all, trying to prove the "experts" wrong. Keep on predicting doom and gloom!!!

GO PHINS~!

I don't understand what's with all the seahawk love either, especially since the cardinals and 49ers are much better teams heading into the season.

As for the 4-12 prediction for the fish, I really can't argue. Miami is in shambles right now and had a horrible draft. Passing on Brady Quinn will likely haunt this team for the next 10+ years.

Sounding like you are trying to convince yourself of it :sidelol:

I'd much rather have our team than yours right now.....I believe we sweep the Jills this year.

Brady Quinn is not going to haunt us at all but will haunt the browns. He gets seven years total NFL time three starting he just doesnt have the arm. I'm not saying beck will be great yet either but everyone has said he is accurrate. Quinn is the next Qb flop for the brownies.

I don't know how anyone can say Saban destroyed it after what we went through with Wanny.

Exactly....the reason we've have 4 coaches in 5 years is all on the shoulders of the Moustached One. :tantrum:

4-12 is just way too bad a prediction. my guess we go 7-9 or 8-8. I mean, common, we did get Trent Green. I could understand them predicting 4-12 if we were going with Beck or Lemon, but we have a proven veteran QB.

I'm getting tired of all these 4-12, 5-11 predictions I keep seeing. I may sound like a homer, but with the defense we have it's hard for me to believe we won't get at least 6 or 7 wins. With a little luck this is a 8 or 9 win club in my mind. While I do hate all the negative attitude about the Dolphins, it actually might help them this year. They can really sneak under the radar, and have some extra motivation.

There are really 2 pieces that will define the PHINS success on the field this year ... T & QB ...

1- Can Carey perform at LT

2- Can Shelton survive at RT

3- Will Green play a minimum of 12 games ..

IF 1 happens, 3 has a reasonable shot at happening.

IF 1 & 2 happens, then 3 is very likely to happen -- and the PHINS will be postured to win 8-10 games.

Wanna bet?

And seriously you rather have:

Chambers over Evans?

Beck (who is the same age as Losman and played in the Wac) or Losman (11th ranked passer in the NFL)?

Carey over Peters (ask JT about Peters)?

Dockery over whoever your guard is?

Allen over Whitner?

You guys have some good pieces but the best ones are getting real old. The Bills were one of the youngest teams in the NFL and were alive for the playoffs with 2 weeks to go. Marv's smarter than you. :wink:

Who is the starting running back for the Bills this season?

Now you are trolling. :rolleyes:

If trolling is defined as I understand it.
Making comments to provoke an angry response, I would say you were quite incorrect sir. I was just saying its as much Huzienga's fault as anybody's because he could have made differant choices.:err::tongue::confused::tantrum::beer1:

I can put smilies in my response also lol. Not trying to troll just putting in my half cent.

I don't see a 4-12 record but the Fins are not a playoff caliber team IMO. 6-10 is likely, maybe 7-9 with some good QB play.

I'm a huge Dolphins fan, always have been, but this is a troubled franchise. Even with a guy dubbed the NFL's best QB ever-they only went to one Super Bowl. Even with what was probably the best team-d ever for 5 or so years, they couldn't get to an AFC title game. This is a wounded franchise, and Wanny-Saban-Spielman types haven't helped. I truly blame H. Wayne, he's a terrible owner who's only successes have come in 1 year w the Marlins and 1 year with the Panthers. Cam was a 2nd tier hire. I hope that things can change, but the holes are glaring and the Phins may never recover. They're more than 1-2 players away.

QB- Green's too old, Beck's a rookie.
OL- Missing a true LT, the OGs are weak, rookie C, Carey's the true 'star'.
RB- Brown's been overrated so far and the back-up's a rookie.
WR/TE- Chambers hasn't been a go-to threat, Booker is ok at best, McMichael is gone, the TE's are weak, the other WR's are weak, Ginn is a ST'er only, and Welker is gone. Hagans needs to step up.
DL- The DT's are old and the back-ups are unproven, one DE is a gamebreaker and the other has yet to really play, no back-ups.
LB- Thomas-Crowder is a great duo, then there's a huge drop off.
DB- The CB's are weak, the S's are good but not great. Jason Allen hasn't been much yet. Could be another in a long line of busted Phins 1st rounders.
ST- Feely is solid but isn't clutch, Ginn is injured, Welker is in NE.

Really if you break it down, this team could easily finish 4-12 if the D starts to show its age and lack of depth.

I'm a huge Dolphins fan, always have been, but this is a troubled franchise. Even with a guy dubbed the NFL's best QB ever-they only went to one Super Bowl. Even with what was probably the best team-d ever for 5 or so years, they couldn't get to an AFC title game. This is a wounded franchise, and Wanny-Saban-Spielman types haven't helped. I truly blame H. Wayne, he's a terrible owner who's only successes have come in 1 year w the Marlins and 1 year with the Panthers. Cam was a 2nd tier hire. I hope that things can change, but the holes are glaring and the Phins may never recover. They're more than 1-2 players away.

QB- Green's too old, Beck's a rookie.
OL- Missing a true LT, the OGs are weak, rookie C, Carey's the true 'star'.
RB- Brown's been overrated so far and the back-up's a rookie.
WR/TE- Chambers hasn't been a go-to threat, Booker is ok at best, McMichael is gone, the TE's are weak, the other WR's are weak, Ginn is a ST'er only, and Welker is gone. Hagans needs to step up.
DL- The DT's are old and the back-ups are unproven, one DE is a gamebreaker and the other has yet to really play, no back-ups.
LB- Thomas-Crowder is a great duo, then there's a huge drop off.
DB- The CB's are weak, the S's are good but not great. Jason Allen hasn't been much yet. Could be another in a long line of busted Phins 1st rounders.
ST- Feely is solid but isn't clutch, Ginn is injured, Welker is in NE.

Really if you break it down, this team could easily finish 4-12 if the D starts to show its age and lack of depth.

how do you figure Ginn is injured and only a special teamer?

And at LB, Porter is a better LB than Crowder at this point.

Back
Top Bottom