NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time

eh...aside from going to the Jets, the one negative I will say about JT is that when we were bad in Wanny's last season he was very defensive openly stating things like "well we aren't as bad as the Cardinals"... then we would lose to the Cardinals. And sometimes he was a little to quick to voice things in the media (though he had some valid points).

I can understand people backing Zach above JT. While both loved the franchise (and are 2 of my favorite players) there is a part of me that feels Zach would rather lose with the Fins than win with another AFC East team while I don't feel the same about JT (again he went to the Jets after being vocal in hating them for so long)

JT was also a great ambassador to all things Miami.

I agree with hoops and junc, Taylor is a great player for 3 quarters.

Once the 4th came around he was nowhere to be found on multiple occasions.

His stats will get a first ballot HOFer, no doubt about that. But he did nothing to HELP Miami win playoff games. Which is the most important stat there is.

porter was great in 08 and as great as he was in 08 he was equallly as bad in 09...

as for as juncs sayin as the game got bigger jt got smaller 1000 percent correct...

Junc is just upset that the Jets never had a pass-rusher as talented as Taylor....including the primadonna dancing queen from the Sack-Exchange.

Taylor was as disruptive a presence as there has ever been, of which hopefully all his sacks, hurries, and forced fumbles should prove.

Junc is just upset that the Jets never had a pass-rusher as talented as Taylor....including the primadonna dancing queen from the Sack-Exchange.

Taylor was as disruptive a presence as there has ever been, of which hopefully all his sacks, hurries, and forced fumbles should prove.

Haha, while I also think Gastineau was overrated(Klecko was the key to that DL) gastineaue was a MUCH better pass rusher than taylor.

tell bruce smith that...who destroyed us for like a decade plus..and did it in big games also

It was WEEK TWO and we were up by TWO TDs late.

stats look nice, this is why we don't just look at sacks.

Oh that's right, sacks don't count in WEEK TWO of the NFL. Sacks only count in the postseason.

Up by TWO TDs yes, but NE was in the red zone about to score before JT's strip-sack, where NE could have made it a 1 score game with 4 minutes left.

wes welker overrated? they mentioned his receiving stats but he was great on special teams, sometimes it takes some special teams guys awhile to come into their own as a WR (ex Steve Smith)

Putting Welker as overrated is a joke. When he was here he was severely underrated. Greg Camarillo should be on the underrated list also. Not only did he save us from a winless season and never drop the ball, he hurt himself tackling a guy after an interception, which is the kind of thing he did.

Haha, while I also think Gastineau was overrated(Klecko was the key to that DL) gastineaue was a MUCH better pass rusher than taylor.

Even though Klecko played all the positions on the D-line, he's a Nose-tackle, and probably one of the best to play the position...pretty good, but not exactly a great pass-rusher.

tell bruce smith that...who destroyed us for like a decade plus..and did it in big games also

Bruce Smith was probably the type of player you would want as a DE, enough speed to be get the QB,, good pass-rushing moves, while also having more then enough power to bull-rush himself for some sacks (Something Jason did lack), but there is a very short list of player as disruptive and talented in what Jason did on the D-line.

Bruce Smith was probably the type of player you would want as a DE, enough speed to be get the QB,, good pass-rushing moves, while also having more then enough power to bull-rush himself for some sacks (Something Jason did lack), but there is a very short list of player as disruptive and talented in what Jason did on the D-line.

"probably the type of player you would want at de"...come on man bruce smith was an ANIMAL...dan marino has nightmares to this day about bruce smith...hell i have nightmares about him on our qbs...

"probably the type of player you would want at de"...come on man bruce smith was an ANIMAL...dan marino has nightmares to this day about bruce smith...hell i have nightmares about him on our qbs...

I am agreeing with you, only reason I have probably instead of definitely is because some else might of wanted a guy like Reggie White, Demarcus Ware, or someone like Deacon Jones.

Before you come back with the thought I actually would take any of those three instead of Smith, no, after seeing way more of Smith then I would ever want to ever see, and know what type of player he was with the Bills and continued to be with the Redskins, I would take Smith over those three and anyone else any day.

I am agreeing with you, only reason I have probably instead of definitely is because some else might of wanted a guy like Reggie White, Demarcus Ware, or someone like Deacon Jones.

Before you come back with the thought I actually would take any of those three instead of Smith, no, after seeing way more of Smith then I would ever want to ever see, and know what type of player he was with the Bills and continued to be with the Redskins, I would take Smith over those three and anyone else any day.

well all 4 of those guys are more deserving hall of famers and better players in their own right than jason taylor was...i don't remember smith being as dominant with the skins as he was in buffalo but i do remember him ruining many a sunday for me...

well all 4 of those guys are more deserving hall of famers and better players in their own right than jason taylor was...i don't remember smith being as dominant with the skins as he was in buffalo but i do remember him ruining many a sunday for me...

He was not the same player for the Redskins he was for the Bills, but I would have loved to have had that player on the Dolphins all the same, he was still dominant, and still had extra attention from O-coordinator. I watch a good deal of Redskins games at the sports bar I used to watch the games, and he still looked like a nightmare...though, his last few years for the Skins, you could see he was playing more for the record then because he could still do it.

As far as those 4 being more deserving of HOF, I agree, but again, very short list of players more disruptive then him at DE.

He was not the same player for the Redskins he was for the Bills, but I would have loved to have had that player on the Dolphins all the same, he was still dominant, and still had extra attention from O-coordinator. I watch a good deal of Redskins games at the sports bar I used to watch the games, and he still looked like a nightmare...though, his last few years for the Skins, you could see he was playing more for the record then because he could still do it.

As far as those 4 being more deserving of HOF, I agree, but again, very short list of players more disruptive then him at DE.

playing for the record is what stood out to me with the skins...hanging on a little too long...to each his own but jt does not deserve first ballot hall of fame to me...i don't think he's a deserving hall of famer

Back
Top Bottom