NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network: Miami Dolphins: Most underrated/overrated players of all-time

Oh that's right, sacks don't count in WEEK TWO of the NFL. Sacks only count in the postseason.

Up by TWO TDs yes, but NE was in the red zone about to score before JT's strip-sack, where NE could have made it a 1 score game with 4 minutes left.

They could have made it a 1 score game but the pressure wasn't really on at that point. Up 2 Tds late you have a cushion to work with. not only did NE have to score a TD and finish that drive but they would have had to stop our O who just came off a 5 minute drive and scored on 3 of their previous 4 drives then get the ball back and score another TD just to force it to OT. Possible? absolutely, probable? not really.

Even though Klecko played all the positions on the D-line, he's a Nose-tackle, and probably one of the best to play the position...pretty good, but not exactly a great pass-rusher.

I said Klecko was the best DL not best pass rusher and when he did play DE and was asked to rush the passer he had 20.5 sacks in 1981 and led the league(though it wasn't an official stat yet)

playing for the record is what stood out to me with the skins...hanging on a little too long...to each his own but jt does not deserve first ballot hall of fame to me...i don't think he's a deserving hall of famer

Hoops, I respect your knowledge very much on the NFL, and when the draft come down, you are one of the people (Along with CK) I most I most trust with info on players from college, but I strongly disagree about JT not being a HOF player, maybe not a 1st ballot, but he is a HOF player.

well since we are on some old school players...thurman thomas should he be a hall of famer??? i say yes...for what he did in buffalo

curtis martin??? yes...

is darrelle revis a hall of famer??? absolutely

dan marino has nightmares to this day about bruce smith...hell i have nightmares about him on our qbs...

Richmond Webb owned Bruce Smith. In 7 seasons where Webb played for Miami and Smith played for Buffalo, Bruce Smith only had 3 sacks. He terrorized many teams, but not Miami. Sounds kind of like your anaylsis of JT, not getting sacks agains good LTs hmmm....

Richmond Webb owned Bruce Smith. In 7 seasons where Webb played for Miami and Smith played for Buffalo, Bruce Smith only had 3 sacks. He terrorized many teams, but not Miami. Sounds kind of like your anaylsis of JT, not getting sacks agains good LTs hmmm....

keep telling yourself richmond webb owned bruce smith...and i never said jt didn't make plays against good tackles i said he never made plays in big games...so again if you want to take my words get em right

keep telling yourself richmond webb owned bruce smith...and i never said jt didn't make plays against good tackles i said he never made plays in big games...so again if you want to take my words get em right

You said he made his plays vs scrubs....meaning he didnt get his plays vs elite competition. Your exact words:

did most his damage against scrub competition...way overrated

And Webb did own Smith. What games were you watching? You think Smith getting 3 sacks against Webb in 7 seasons is good?!

Webb played in Miami from 1990-2000, Smith in Buf 1985-1999 so they crossed paths from 1990-1999.

Smith sacks against Miami:
1990- 0
1991- DNP
1992- 1 in reg season
1993- 2
1994- 1
1995- 0
1996- 1
1997- 3
1998- 1
1999- 3

12 sacks in 18 games. prorated over a 16 game season that's 11 sacks a year which isn't great but it still very good against a top LT. This doesn't tell us how many fumbles he caused, how many sacks cause, how many hurries, etc... but just by sacks Webb certainly didn't own Smith. he did a nice job but Smith still had the upper hand.

You said he made his plays vs scrubs. Your exact words:

And Webb did own Smith. What games were you watching? You think Smith getting 3 sacks against Webb in 7 seasons is good?!

i'm trying to think of who was the top tackles in that day...i'm taken to orlando pace and jonathon ogden...did taylor ever make any plays against them??? hell i seem to recall jumbo elliott eating him for breakfast with the jets...but that ones kinda vague...i did say he beat up on bad competition and i stand by it...he would go ghost against a high end team and get 3 sacks against some also ran...it was the jt special...he made it an art...he also cleaned up other peoples hard work at times too

and you'll never ever convince me that bruce smith wasn't a thorn in our sides cause richmond webb was here...never...so just stop trying...

Absolutely correct but Thurman Thomas owned us during their Superbowl years.

It was very off and on, they had their battles, Webb would win here, Smith would come back to have a monster game the next. Neither should be ashamed of how they did against the other.

Webb played in Miami from 1990-2000, Smith in Buf 1985-1999 so they crossed paths from 1990-1999.

Smith sacks against Miami:
1990- 0
1991- DNP
1992- 1 in reg season
1993- 2
1994- 1
1995- 0
1996- 1
1997- 3
1998- 1
1999- 3

12 sacks in 18 games. prorated over a 16 game season that's 11 sacks a year which isn't great but it still very good against a top LT. This doesn't tell us how many fumbles he caused, how many sacks cause, how many hurries, etc... but just by sacks Webb certainly didn't own Smith. he did a nice job but Smith still had the upper hand.

ha ha...nice try zounds...i bet that doesn't account for the postseason massacres we endured either every year in buffalo...and thank god for marinos quick release or those sack #'s would be much higher...

bruce smith owned us...

the whole damn buffalo team killed us...from the lbs wearing those spiderman like things under their unis to bruce smith off the edge to andre reed and everyone else...hell jim kelly too...

we got destroyed...

the whole damn buffalo team killed us...from the lbs wearing those spiderman like things under their unis to bruce smith off the edge to andre reed and everyone else...hell jim kelly too...

we got destroyed...

To be fair they killed everyone in the AFC. Unfortunately for them they still had to beat NFC teams in the SB.

To be fair they killed everyone in the AFC. Unfortunately for them they still had to beat NFC teams in the SB.

true but we were always the going to buffalo in the postseason sacrificial lambs...

Back
Top Bottom