Now here's an idea... RT restructure | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now here's an idea... RT restructure

Played for peanuts? He made close to a million dollars last year. Where do you work at because I would certainly work for peanuts i.e. $1 million if you have any vacancies.
Come on man. You know full well what he meant. Tannehill doesn't get paid what most other quarterbacks get.

Who is this new drafted qb getting us to a Super Bowl?
where not going to sb w thill17 neither. so why pay guy who cannot get you to playoff...what team in nfl is doing that? I am not mad at you I am mad at front office....but do nt try low ball juice14 when he want the money. give man his money if he ball

Last edited:
where not going to sb w thill17 neither. so why pay guy who cannot get you to playoff...what team in nfl is doing that? I am not mad at you I am mad at front office....but do nt try low ball juice14 when he want the money. give man his money if he ball
Mike Glennon says hi

what is dolphins goal?
1.make playoff every 7 yr as wildcard
2.replace head coach every 3 to 4 yr
3. won 6 to 8 game. we are not browns but not N.E that will keep fan coming to game.
4. from way I see it we are not trying win sb at all.

Newsflash: 3 qbs that were in the championship round of theplayoffs were Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles.

Flawed logic. Also flawed argument about salary.
I do nt like bortles at all. it hard see someone pay him. I would give thill17 money before bortles....I would tag keenum need show me he can do that again before I give him big money.

That's what people thought about...
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Nick Foles...

Until someone put a TEAM around them and used them for what they brought to the table...Did These QB's win a super bowl...or were they good QB's on a solid TEAM....

Build a team and Tannehill will win... not many, if any, QB's can win consistently without the right supporting cast

Lets think about this for a second.

Build a complete team around Tannehill and if he's just not that great, you still have a complete team where a good QB can come in and continue to win. A modular team, if you will.

OR

Draft a QB in the hopes that he will be one of those once every few years QB's that elevates the team to a point where they are a consistent winner.

Ask yourself which is the best scenario in the long run?

what is dolphins goal?
1.make playoff every 7 yr as wildcard
2.replace head coach every 3 to 4 yr
3. won 6 to 8 game. we are not browns but not N.E that will keep fan coming to game.
4. from way I see it we are not trying win sb at all.

I ask myself that same question all the time.

That's what people thought about...
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams was better qb than thill17. he took his team to playoff the bucs. back in late 70s.
Nick Foles.. we all know what nick done.

Until someone put a TEAM around them and used them for what they brought to the table...Did These QB's win a super bowl...or were they good QB's on a solid TEAM....

Build a team and Tannehill will win... not many, if any, QB's can win consistently without the right supporting cast
yall do nt understand our f/o do not have skill to build team like that around thill17. dolphins need elite qb to make fromt office look good. I have question mark about our head coach as well

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm no expert on this stuff but hear me out.

His contract was perhaps considered "team friendly" because his first few years were super cheap. However his last couple years were approx. 20 mil per season. Nowadays (after many, many more contracts have been signed and the value continues to inflate) its pretty standard, but back then it was pretty damn high. Consider that it was more than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It was on par with Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Cam Newton...and the list goes on. So he was most CERTAINLY in the TOP10 at least when he signed his contract. And I remember a lot of people freaking out about it...because well...he only had one legitimate season under Bill Lazor to justify it.

My point is...hes (was) paid like the 10th or perhaps better QB in the league when he signed it, but he hasn't consistently played like one. And don't get me wrong here...I'm 100% a Tannehill supporter. My point is that...why doesn't he be humble (after all he still has his starting job) ...i mean of all the seasons, we could seriously take one this year.

My point about his injury and missing this last season is valid. The season before wasn't his fault, but ultimately he made a choice that cost the team. It was an honest mistake - nobody knew if it was the right thing to do - but who made the choice? The surgery was the safer and more sure route. He rolled the dice and cost us.

You say "Why him?"
Because hes the leader of the team and he sets the example. Its because of Tom Brady doing PRECISELY what I'm advocating for over the last decade that players who come to New England KNOW that its TEAM FIRST. Its not just Belicheat, Brady has a HUGE PART in that culture.

At the end of the day, like I said, its HIM throwing the footballs. He should be trying to help the front office give him as much talent as possible. Once you're making 10's of millions...give me a break...you can easily shave off a million or 2 each season. And again don't tell me that "all the players get theirs" because they don't. Tom ****ing Brady guys. I hate him with a passion but its the truth.

So my point is...if RT really cares about his offense, if he really cares about Landry, and he really wants to desperately WIN...why not help the team out and restructure? Of course this assumes that he is THE GUY, so all he'd have to do is have that conversation as he pitched the idea.

He'd also perhaps get other people to follow his lead. You never know. What if he got Juice to settle for 15 instead of 16 per year? Because he said "***** you know what....I am willing to give away a million per year for you to stay on the team. Are you willing to give away a million to stay with us and fight on? I got _____ to do the same. Are you gonna turn your back on us?"

I mean thats the dialogue I would expect from a leader.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom