Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

DonShula84 said:
I went to Cal State Long Beach when Jered was there. Got to see a lot of his games and he is was a monster in college. I was excited when the Angels drafted him so hopefully he has a good debut. And I'm praying he can bump his chump brother from the rotation.

:woot:Angels 10 Orioles 1

Jered was smooth in hin ML debut.He went 7 shutout innings only giving up 3 hits with 5 k's.First 4 game win streak for the Halos who presently resemble a MASH unit with all the injuries.This was drfinitely a big bright spot for the Angels (God knows they needed it).

PHINATIC13 said:
:woot:Angels 10 Orioles 1

Jered was smooth in hin ML debut.He went 7 shutout innings only giving up 3 hits with 5 k's.First 4 game win streak for the Halos who presently resemble a MASH unit with all the injuries.This was drfinitely a big bright spot for the Angels (God knows they needed it).

I hope we get to see Napali get more starts. Jose just isnt cutting it and I like seeing some of the young talent we have getting a chance to play. Hopefully this win streak continues it's nice to see finally.

DonShula84 said:
I hope we get to see Napali get more starts. Jose just isnt cutting it and I like seeing some of the young talent we have getting a chance to play. Hopefully this win streak continues it's nice to see finally.
:woot: 14-2 spanking of the Tribe.I can't wait to get to 500 mark again.
Good call on Napoli 84. I agree Jose is going to lose his job if he hasn't already.I didn't get to see the game tonight,but the highlights showed his(Mike's) monster 2-run shot.It nice to see Vlad starting to get the rhythm going as well.

PHINATIC13 said:
:woot: 14-2 spanking of the Tribe.I can't wait to get to 500 mark again.
Good call on Napoli 84. I agree Jose is going to lose his job if he hasn't already.I didn't get to see the game tonight,but the highlights showed his(Mike's) monster 2-run shot.It nice to see Vlad starting to get the rhythm going as well.

Was kind of a crazy series lol. A ton of runs scored. It's good to see that the offense is capable of putting up 10+ runs on occasion

Another great start by Weaver. 3-0 w/ a 1.86 ERA now. Will be interesting to see what they do when Colon comes back, especially if Jeff Weaver continues to pitch poorly.

Looks like the Halos are returning from the dead.Other than OC's consecutive games reaching base streak there wasn't a whole helluva lot to talk about.Being only two games back at the break, in what now is obviously the weakest division in the AL isn't too bad.Jered Weaver is 6-0,John Lackey recorded 27 outs in a row after giving up a lead-off hit against the A's.We've hit about 2HR's a game during the last 8(games) or so.I still feel strongly about getting some "power" in the line-up to protect/help Vlad.I do feel we have the pitching to compete with the Sox(both)NY and whoever else we'll face should we make the post season.Oh btw I have know idea what the hell happened to our defense which is at the bottom of the AL I believe:nono:.The Angels do have a couple of rookies making some noise in the league and possibly ROY canidates in pitcher Jered Weaver and catcher Mike Napoli.

:woot:My Halos are finally above .500 at 46-45.The Angels are 11-1 in their last 12 games and are really playing good ball.Our pitching has been outstanding and if we have more power at the plate their recoed would be even better.John Lackey is among the best in the league imo,Evrin Santana is 11-3 and Jered Weaver has been awsome at 6-0 in as many starts(did skip last start).Only 1.5 games back of Oakland(playing well themselves) is just fine with me at this point ,but if we don't sign a "big bat" before the trading deadlne it's going to be awfully tough to compete with NY,DET and both SOX in the playoffs.I really like Abreu or Soriano,either could play LF and provide protection for Vlad.

PHINATIC13 said:
:woot:My Halos are finally above .500 at 46-45.The Angels are 11-1 in their last 12 games and are really playing good ball.Our pitching has been outstanding and if we have more power at the plate their recoed would be even better.John Lackey is among the best in the league imo,Evrin Santana is 11-3 and Jered Weaver has been awsome at 6-0 in as many starts(did skip last start).Only 1.5 games back of Oakland(playing well themselves) is just fine with me at this point ,but if we don't sign a "big bat" before the trading deadlne it's going to be awfully tough to compete with NY,DET and both SOX in the playoffs.I really like Abreu or Soriano,either could play LF and provide protection for Vlad.

The way the Angels can make the playoffs is addition by subtraction. Rivera is hitting well in LF, but Kennedy needs to be traded for a lefty pitching prospect so Kendrick can play. Final roster to close the year hopefully...

1- Figgins
2- Cabrera
3- Guerrero
4- McPherson
5- Napoli
6- Anderson
7- Rivera
8- Kotchman/McPherson
9- Kendrick

You know Mike would never do that though:shakeno: :mad:

Jaj said:
The way the Angels can make the playoffs is addition by subtraction. Rivera is hitting well in LF, but Kennedy needs to be traded for a lefty pitching prospect so Kendrick can play. Final roster to close the year hopefully...

1- Figgins
2- Cabrera
3- Guerrero
4- McPherson
5- Napoli
6- Anderson
7- Rivera
8- Kotchman/McPherson
9- Kendrick

You know Mike would never do that though:shakeno: :mad:

Dallas hasn't proved to be consistent,and can't protect Vlad in the playoffs.I do think AK is gone at the end of the year,but I believe we need him for the playoffs(I know Adam has trade value).Howie is going to get his chance next season to start(with Aybar).Morales is struggling but I think he'll come around with more AB's.I think Kendry will have a way better second half.GO HALOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angels are ROLLING!!!!! sorry but it's been a disappointing first half of the season.Beat the Tribe tonight 10-5 to close to within a 1/2 game of Oakland.Angels scored 10 runs on 17 hits witch was nice to see considering the offense had been struggling something awful until this streak(12-1) started in July.Still looking for my Angels to sign a big bat for the playoff run.

I'm actually glad to see this thread return from the dead.

Last year I had a great time debating and discussing AL West baseball with all you Angels fans.

The second half promises to be fun.

BTW...in case you all forgot...I'm a diehard A's fan. :wink:

My A's did their usual tonight. Come off a nice 3 of 4 series win in Beantown and turn around and lose to the Orioles...typical.

A little up date for my fellow AL West fans on the A's:

Eric Chavez played tonight after speculation he was headed to the DL. It looks like he's going to battle through tendinitis. That being said he is considered day to day.

Joe Kennedy, out since May 11 with arm and shoulder problems, reported to AAA Sacramento on Monday and starts a throwing program this week. That will really help the bullpen which has been mangled by injuries all year.

The bad news is Rich Harden won't be able to play catch for another 2 weeks. If he gets through that without incident it could take up to a month for him to be ready to pitch again. Even after that it looks like the A's will handle it with kid gloves and he will pitch in relief for the rest of the year.

He won't need surgery though.

unifiedtheory said:
I'm actually glad to see this thread return from the dead.

Last year I had a great time debating and discussing AL West baseball with all you Angels fans.

The second half promises to be fun.

BTW...in case you all forgot...I'm a diehard A's fan. :wink:

My A's did their usual tonight. Come off a nice 3 of 4 series win in Beantown and turn around and lose to the Orioles...typical.

A little up date for my fellow AL West fans on the A's:

Eric Chavez played tonight after speculation he was headed to the DL. It looks like he's going to battle through tendinitis. That being said he is considered day to day.

Joe Kennedy, out since May 11 with arm and shoulder problems, reported to AAA Sacramento on Monday and starts a throwing program this week. That will really help the bullpen which has been mangled by injuries all year.

The bad news is Rich Harden won't be able to play catch for another 2 weeks. If he gets through that without incident it could take up to a month for him to be ready to pitch again. Even after that it looks like the A's will handle it with kid gloves and he will pitch in relief for the rest of the year.

He won't need surgery though.

Hey unified,I remember you poppin' in a few times last season,good to see you back.Your A's are finally having to start looking over there shoulders at my Halos.It should be a fun race the second half of the season.I'm sorry about Harden,but the Angels have had their share of injuries themselves that's just baseball.Halos up 5-1 in the 5th against the Indians.We're really playing well right now 12-1 over the last 13 games.

:blowup:It gets frastrating watching your team play the best play since the break imo,then get your a** kicked by the f*****g Royals the first 2 games of a 4 game series.Not to mention we're trying to catch the A's for the lead in the West..

Back
Top Bottom