Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

Having Abreu and Guerrero together would be the best outfield.

Well, myA's are getting their ***** kicked again tonight.

The bullpen will get some help in the nxt week with Jay Witasick and Joe Kennedy coming off the DL.

One thing I expect, Barry Zito gets traded by Monday. Billy Beane has been quiet, TOO quiet lately. I think Beane makes some sort of statement by Monday.

The team is struggling. Chavvy has been terrible lately and is clearly less than 100%. They need a jolt. Whether trading Zito will be a good jolt or a bad jolt is another matter but with the A's hovering around .500 now I think someone will give the A's what Beane is looking for...

Zito is a goner after the season regardless of what happens. If they did trade him I wouldn't be too upset. Getting one or two top prospects in return would give Beane some ammo to make other deals.

I'd feel a lot better about Zito getting traded if Rich Harden could stay in one piece though.

Hopefully Colons elbow is nothing serious, we need everyone healthy right now. And that link you posted isnt working for me, looks messed up also w/ 2 https and 2mlbs in it.

I can't speak for for my fellow Halo fans,but I'll be one pi$$ed off Angels fan if with all the young talent we have if we don't trade for one of the top "bats that are out there.:tantrum:Stoneman didn't make a trade last year and look where it got us.I'm not saying we would of beat the Sox,cause Chicago was just playing lights out ball last season but still you gotta make a move.Ok I feel better now.

boltfan219 said:
Having Abreu and Guerrero together would be the best outfield.

Abreu lost all his power after the break last year.

I think Carlos Lee would be a nice fit, i'm a bit wary of Soriano. He'll test the market and sign with whoever lets him play 2B IMO.

PHINATIC13 said:
I can't speak for for my fellow Halo fans,but I'll be one pi$$ed off Angels fan if with all the young talent we have if we don't trade for one of the top "bats that are out there.:tantrum:Stoneman didn't make a trade last year and look where it got us.I'm not saying we would of beat the Sox,cause Chicago was just playing lights out ball last season but still you gotta make a move.Ok I feel better now.

Do you listen to MASON and Ireland on 710?

They've been talking about his for a month now. Frankly I agree. I bet that at the start of the year you could have traded McPherson and Kotchman for M. Cabrera. However Stoneman would never have done that trade. My philosophy is to keep the pitching, trade the hitting for proven hitting. Even proven pitching can bust.

Chavez Ravine said:
Do you listen to MASON and Ireland on 710?

They've been talking about his for a month now. Frankly I agree. I bet that at the start of the year you could have traded McPherson and Kotchman for M. Cabrera. However Stoneman would never have done that trade. My philosophy is to keep the pitching, trade the hitting for proven hitting. Even proven pitching can bust.
No bro,I don't have time to listen to talk radio,it's pretty much just common sense.

As for Abreu or Soriano,I'd perfer getting Alfonso(better bat)right now,but only if he signs an extension to play with the Angels after this season.I'm not sure he would play 2B though.I do believe Adam Kennedy(one of my favs and could be trade bait) will NOT be here next season with Hendrick/Aybar waiting in the wings.It's going to be intresting this weekend with whatever happens(signings/trades).

Wow! I just heard Mark Gubicza(foxsports) say the Angels are batting .370 for the month of July.Heck I sure hope Mike and Bill don't think they can get by without getting another bat cause of this streak.Btw my Halos are 17-5 so far in July,they are ROLLING.

PHINATIC13 said:
Wow! I just heard Mark Gubicza(foxsports) say the Angels are batting .370 for the month of July.Heck I sure hope Mike and Bill don't think they can get by without getting another bat cause of this streak.Btw my Halos are 17-5 so far in July,they are ROLLING.

I got 3 of them on my fantasy team and I am picking up ground at a rapid rate because of them.

Go Rivera. Go Vlad. And Go Figgins! :lol:

MikeO said:
I got 3 of them on my fantasy team and I am picking up ground at a rapid rate because of them.

Go Rivera. Go Vlad. And Go Figgins! :lol:

Juan is just on fire right now and is giving Garret some needed rest from playing LF all the time(Anderson had 3 hits tonight).

Why was Vlad removed from today's game????????

MikeO said:
Why was Vlad removed from today's game????????

I think he hurt his back. He swung at a couple of Beckett's fast balls and had a look of pain on his face when he couldn't catch up with them.

EDIT: The Angels are saying he's out of the line up due to fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom