Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

Jaj said:
The way the Angels can make the playoffs is addition by subtraction. Rivera is hitting well in LF, but Kennedy needs to be traded for a lefty pitching prospect so Kendrick can play. Final roster to close the year hopefully...

1- Figgins
2- Cabrera
3- Guerrero
4- McPherson
5- Napoli
6- Anderson
7- Rivera
8- Kotchman/McPherson
9- Kendrick

You know Mike would never do that though:shakeno: :mad:

Dallas would never be batting clean up this year.

PHINATIC13 said:
:blowup:It gets frastrating watching your team play the best play since the break imo,then get your a** kicked by the f*****g Royals the first 2 games of a 4 game series.Not to mention we're trying to catch the A's for the lead in the West..

Yes, very upsetting to say the least. Just have to stay close to the damn A's. I have tickets to the A's series on the 1st, really looking forward to those games.

After salvaging the last 2 games of a 4 game series with the Royals the Angels(50-48) are only a game back of Oakland(51-47) again.Jered Weaver has to be in high consideration for the ROY award imo.He's 7-0 with an unbelievable 1.15 ERA.Francisco Liriano at 12-2 with a 1.93 ERA is cruising along himself .I can only hope we sign a "bat" this week to help us down the stretch.

Why on earth hasn't this team pulled the trigger on a Bobby Abreu trade yet? Abreu's OBP is exactly what the Angels need at the top of the lineup.

phunwin said:
Why on earth hasn't this team pulled the trigger on a Bobby Abreu trade yet? Abreu's OBP is exactly what the Angels need at the top of the lineup.

Beats me:mad:,I'd love Abreu or Soriano(still a Nat?) for that matter.Stoneman HAS to do something this year.We were in pretty much the same sitituation last and we didn't "pull the trigger".Hillenbrand (if still avail.) would do nicely as well.

PHINATIC13 said:
Beats me:mad:,I'd love Abreu or Soriano(still a Nat?) for that matter.Stoneman HAS to do something this year.We were in pretty much the same sitituation last and we didn't "pull the trigger".Hillenbrand (if still avail.) would do nicely as well.

Toronto fired Hillenbrand and the Giants picked him up I believe so that's out. I'd love to add Soriano or Abreu and we definitely have the young talent to pull it off. Just how much they want of that young talent they'd want is the question.

This team is on FIRE. I think they will win the WEST

MikeO said:
This team is on FIRE. I think they will win the WEST

They have a huge shot. Ervin Santana and Jared Weaver are carrying this team along with John Lackey. If they can ever get anything out of Colon the team could be very tough to beat in the playoffs, especially with the bullpen they have.

I think they need to add a bat to their line up. Juan Rivera is hot but he can't protect Vlad. I think they need to get Abreu in LA, as soon as possible. They can afford his salary. LA has a great young farm system with a lot of depth (example:3 top 100 prospects who play both SS and 2B in Brenden Wood, Howie Kendrick and Erick Aybar) so they can afford to trade some of their young guys for him and not hurt themselves in the future.

Ray Finkle said:
They have a huge shot. Ervin Santana and Jared Weaver are carrying this team along with John Lackey. If they can ever get anything out of Colon the team could be very tough to beat in the playoffs, especially with the bullpen they have.

I think they need to add a bat to their line up. Juan Rivera is hot but he can't protect Vlad. I think they need to get Abreu in LA, as soon as possible. They can afford his salary. LA has a great young farm system with a lot of depth (example:3 top 100 prospects who play both SS and 2B in Brenden Wood, Howie Kendrick and Erick Aybar) so they can afford to trade some of their young guys for him and not hurt themselves in the future.

If they get Soriano or Abreu they are my new pick to win the American League. Yes, not the American League West, the entire American League!!!

They got speed, they got power, they got a good closer, a decent bullpen, and solid and deep (not spectacular) starting pitching. And they got a manager with some balls who plays very agressive baseball.

Texas lost tonight so that will help, not to sound dumb, but what spot in the batting order is cleanup?

Thats what I thought it was, thanks. Angels need the division if they want to make the playoffs. white sox, yankees and Twins are the only teams really in the race for the AL wild card.

Sounds the Kenny Williams beat Bill Stoneman to the punch on Soriano. I think Abreu fits what the Angels need a little better, but Soriano would be a huge help too.

Back
Top Bottom