Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

One thing I haven't noticed talked about on here is Smith being released. We have to have someone in mind because I can't see us going into next year with just Turner and Thomas at guards. there is just no way.....

i wonder if we looking Scherff or Collins more at #14 then???

Was thinking the same. I don't mind Scherrf at 14. He can can play g/t. However, a sexier pick would be Parker, Waynes, or Kendricks.

why they overpaying our players? clay and odrick worth no where near what they are getting.... odrick 4-5 mil tops clay 6 max.....now that i think about it, our FO is crazy for putting 7 on clay
Many teams have big $ to spend (and they have to spend it). Net effect is that the market rates that you consider valid have risen (and Odrick, Clay and co are among the instant beneficiaries). Simply a case of supply and demand with price elasticity. Yes, some teams may have overpaid but that will only be known at a later date.

I feel like that's just wishful thinking at this point. Seems we have no interest in anyone

A quiet day for us kind of like I was expecting, were too busy cutting lose the bad contracts we had on the books, can't be really active in free agency every year. I think that was the plan all along to not be that active and then Suh shook free who they see as a differnce maker for the future. We had our chance when Ireland had all that money and picks and you see what we have to show for that. Maybe next year will be a little different story. I take Tannebaum at his word in what Jackson reported it will take a while to fill out the roster but as far as any more big contracts - probably not going to see it.

Honestly, are you serious (sounds harsher than I'm being haha)? He's one of the top two TE's in the NFL and it isn't even close. Absolutely fixes our redzone woes. WIth what Clay is asking for it's pretty much a minor bump in annual salary. Let Clay go, get a massive upgrade for $3M and a first. Outside of Luke Kluechy there's no better addition to our roster.

Like I said, I was wrong about the 1st round pick. The only reason I mentioned his salary is because all reports have us only having 6M available under the cap currently. I originally said I would have loved to have him, but if we can't afford to swing Clay with an inflated salary, I don't see how we could swing 10M/yr on Jimmy Graham. Not that he isn't worth it, I just don't see how we would be able to swing his salary. Maybe I should have been a little more clear on that.

If we could afford him, yeah, he woulda been worth every penny. You are obviously more inclined with the cap #s so i'll take your word for it.

Was thinking the same. I don't mind Scherrf at 14. He can can play g/t. However, a sexier pick would be Parker, Waynes, or Kendricks.

I guess why shorthand ourselves and force us to take a lineman like we now may have too. I have always prefered best player available and that release makes this tough

What is going on with Ellerbe? its strange he hasn't been cut yet. I hope that second June 1st designation is for him and not Wallace.

Many teams have big $ to spend (and they have to spend it). Net effect is that the market rates that you consider valid have risen (and Odrick, Clay and co are among the instant beneficiaries). Simply a case of supply and demand with price elasticity. Yes, some teams may have overpaid but that will only be known at a later date.

Exactly who thought Odrick would get that much a few weeks ago even Clay? it's just too hard to say what is overpaying at this point with the mandatory spending.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3m3 minutes ago
Brice McCain has eight INTs and 19 starts in 6 NFL seasons - five with Houston, last yr with Pittsburgh.Would compete with J.Taylor if signs.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 6m6 minutes ago
So CB Brice McCain is visiting the Dolphins tonight and TE Jordan Cameron is likely coming in soon, too:

BPA is always good but we have a glaring hole at G. All good options are gone. It really looks like we will go with Scherff. He will be a good one IMO. Pro bowl potential. But if he is gone, I would not pick another lineman till later rounds

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 7s8 seconds ago
Update: The Dolphins actually have an offer in to Brice McCain ...

Back
Top Bottom