Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

Locker, Willis, and Worilds are retiring pretty young...

Locker, Willis, and Worilds are retiring pretty young...

It's going to start becoming more normal to see player, even great ones, retire young. Just so much is out there about the "long term" health risk of football I think guys are realizing they need to get in, get a few dollars, and get out.

Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP · 5m 5 minutes ago
RB Ryan Mathews signing with Eagles per @MikeGarafolo. Thought he could've been good complement to Miller with Dolphins but prob too much $

#49ers WR Stevie Johnson will be released today pending Torrey Smith passing his physical and signing his new deal. No pay cut for him.

I would consider bringing him in for a look see.

#49ers WR Stevie Johnson will be released today pending Torrey Smith passing his physical and signing his new deal. No pay cut for him.

I would consider bringing him in for a look see.

I think Miami is waiting on this . . . as are other teams.

I'm thinking we might get to see plenty of Bradford to see how good he is. I predict the Jets want Bradford and this is a 3 way deal. I also predict Jeff Fisher is gonna be the big winner in this deal and he might have just saved his career in St Louis.

Jeff Fisher's job did just get saved. He now gets a clean slate and probably 3 more years to prove with another QB.

I don't get the love of Bradford. The reason has to be unrealized potential and unfulfilled promise. He's a walking injury and hasn't done much consistently when healthy.

I find it very head scratching to believe Chip has any faith that Bradford would be an asset in his system with the medical records he brings with him. Something else is brewing or he simply wanted to jettison Foles and is on the hook for a one year lease with Bradford; feeding him to the wolves while he grooms Mariota.

At face value, assuming it was not a multi-step trade, that transaction didn't pass the smell test for me.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 26s27 seconds ago
DT Randy Starks has been cut by the Dolphins this morning.

Knew it was coming...

Free agent CB Antonio Cromartie is expected to sign with either the Jets or Cardinals on Wednesday.
And then there were two. The Jets seem to be the slight favorite given what Cromartie has said in recent interviews, but their need at cornerback isn't as great as it was 24 hours ago after signing both Darrelle Revis and Buster Skrine. Cromartie and Revis played together in New York from 2010 to 2012 and it's very possible they could be reunited by the end of the day.

Id like starks back for 1 year at around 2.5 mil

I think Randy can still cash in for a team. He's got a lot of mileage, but he's only 30 and is a proven commodity known to stay healthy. I think he'll get at least $5 million per season from somebody.

Jeff Fisher's job did just get saved. He now gets a clean slate and probably 3 more years to prove with another QB.

I don't get the love of Bradford. The reason has to be unrealized potential and unfulfilled promise. He's a walking injury and hasn't done much consistently when healthy.

I find it very head scratching to believe Chip has any faith that Bradford would be an asset in his system with the medical records he brings with him. Something else is brewing or he simply wanted to jettison Foles and is on the hook for a one year lease with Bradford; feeding him to the wolves while he grooms Mariota.

At face value, assuming it was not a multi-step trade, that transaction didn't pass the smell test for me.

You don't make that type of trade for a player that you give a one year tryout for.

I think Randy can still cash in for a team. He's got a lot of mileage, but he's only 30 and is a proven commodity known to stay healthy. I think he'll get at least $5 million per season from somebody.

Agree especially with the numbers were seeing doubt he is back.

Back
Top Bottom