**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Sacred Heart has some ballers on their team. UNC should put them away easily in the second half. Terry needs to stay out of foul trouble.

nyjunc said:
Knight was a great coach but he's always been nuts. if it was another coach maybe a big deal wouldn't be made of it but w/ his histopry a big deal has to be made of it. The people chasing down Dean's record are not worhty to be w/ Dean. Both Knight and K won alto of games against lower level competion at Army and both have done some bad things unlike the all class true record holder Dean Smith.

Give me a break, Dean Smith is a choker. What did he go to, 11 Final Four's and only has 2 titles to show for it LMAO. Plus he coached during a time when there wasn't half as many power houses in college b-ball as their our now. Coach K is the best and Carilona fans are going to have to learn to accept that!

By the way, Coach K only had 73 wins at Army so don't tell me that 73 wins out of 754 career wins is winning a lot against lower level competition cause it's not!

:rofl: Coach K is not the best. Dean Smith still has the most wins.

The best coach ever is and was Bobby Knight.

The fact he is a clown and a jerk overshadows it though. Knight has done MORE with LESS than any coach in the history of the sport.

I dont' like the guy but I will give it to him as a coach.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Give me a break, Dean Smith is a choker. What did he go to, 11 Final Four's and only has 2 titles to show for it LMAO. Plus he coached during a time when there wasn't half as many power houses in college b-ball as their our now. Coach K is the best and Carilona fans are going to have to learn to accept that!

By the way, Coach K only had 73 wins at Army so don't tell me that 73 wins out of 754 career wins is winning a lot against lower level competition cause it's not!

73 wins is almost 3 more seasons worth. Dean did it all on the highest level and coahced nearly half his career where just 1 team per conf made the NCAA Tourney and early in his career he ran into the UCLA dynasty numeorus times in FFs.

K only has 1 more title(a sham title in '01) and he's been to 10 FFs, all in an era where you diodn't have to win your conf to get in and up until after the '99 season K neevr lost a player arly. The Heels would have beena title contender in '73 had Bob McAdoo not left early, in '83 the heels made the elite 8- do you think james Worthy could ahve helped out? In '85 the Heels made the elite 8- do you think Michael Jordan could have helped out? in '90 the Heels made the Sweet 16- do you think JR reid could have helped? In '96 & '97 the Heels made the 2nd rd and the FF- do you think Stackhouse and Wallace could have made a difference in '96 & '97 and Mcinnis in '97?

Dean also did it w/ class unlike K. He didn't quit on a team b/c they sucked, he didn't exile a loyal assisstant out of MCBB, he didn't berate players the way K does, he TOLD Jordan to leave early b/c it was in MJ's best interests while K chided guys like William Avery and Dunleavy, Dean didn't use the "name a player team captain" so they come back instead of entering the draft trick like K uses so often. Oh and Dean could develop players, yeah he always got big time talent just like K but K's talent turns to busts alot while Dean developed players and rarely did his recruits become busts unlike K.

Dean was all class and did it when it was more difficult to win. Dean didn't care about the wins record but k is consumed by it which is why he schedules so many creampuffs each year. In the old days K used to schedule a very difficult non-conf sched but he wants the record so bad he doesn't do it anymore. I think that's a major reason why duke always disappoints in the Tourney now.

MikeO said:
The best coach ever is and was Bobby Knight.

The fact he is a clown and a jerk overshadows it though. Knight has done MORE with LESS than any coach in the history of the sport.

I dont' like the guy but I will give it to him as a coach.

Knight cannot be in the discussion simply b/c his teams haven't done a thing since the early 90s. If he was still winning at IU when the Neil reed incident happened he never would have been fired. From the early 70s to the last 80s maybe I could agree but factor in the entire carer and he can't touch Dean.

nyjunc said:
73 wins is almost 3 more seasons worth. Dean did it all on the highest level and coahced nearly half his career where just 1 team per conf made the NCAA Tourney and early in his career he ran into the UCLA dynasty numeorus times in FFs.

K only has 1 more title(a sham title in '01) and he's been to 10 FFs, all in an era where you diodn't have to win your conf to get in and up until after the '99 season K neevr lost a player arly. The Heels would have beena title contender in '73 had Bob McAdoo not left early, in '83 the heels made the elite 8- do you think james Worthy could ahve helped out? In '85 the Heels made the elite 8- do you think Michael Jordan could have helped out? in '90 the Heels made the Sweet 16- do you think JR reid could have helped? In '96 & '97 the Heels made the 2nd rd and the FF- do you think Stackhouse and Wallace could have made a difference in '96 & '97 and Mcinnis in '97?

Dean also did it w/ class unlike K. He didn't quit on a team b/c they sucked, he didn't exile a loyal assisstant out of MCBB, he didn't berate players the way K does, he TOLD Jordan to leave early b/c it was in MJ's best interests while K chided guys like William Avery and Dunleavy, Dean didn't use the "name a player team captain" so they come back instead of entering the draft trick like K uses so often. Oh and Dean could develop players, yeah he always got big time talent just like K but K's talent turns to busts alot while Dean developed players and rarely did his recruits become busts unlike K.

Dean was all class and did it when it was more difficult to win. Dean didn't care about the wins record but k is consumed by it which is why he schedules so many creampuffs each year. In the old days K used to schedule a very difficult non-conf sched but he wants the record so bad he doesn't do it anymore. I think that's a major reason why duke always disappoints in the Tourney now.

Knight cannot be in the discussion simply b/c his teams haven't done a thing since the early 90s. If he was still winning at IU when the Neil reed incident happened he never would have been fired. From the early 70s to the last 80s maybe I could agree but factor in the entire carer and he can't touch Dean.

A National Championship is a sham LMAO. Get a clue! How was it more difficult to win back then? Back then you knew definitivly who the best teams in the country were (there was usually 4 to 8). Nowadays their is 4 to 8 teams per conference that have a shot to win the National Championship and 20 times more schools competiting for players. That's why their is no more dynasty's like UCLA's, it's harder to win nowadays with the amount of schools and competition!

As far as players leaving, that's a bunch of crap right there. Your going with a bunch of assumptions and what if's. Your assuming if those players stayed UNC would have won more titles. You don't know they would have won. They might have but they also might not have, it's a two way street!

Coach K and Duke.....3 National Titles

Dean Smith.....2 National Titles!

You can cut that anyway you want but the numbers don't lie, Coach K has more National Titles then Dean and that's just how it is!

UCF 1-0 after a win tonite, on there way to a NIT Championship :)

Clemson 4-0 to start the year, I know they haven't played anyone good, but wins are wins, I can't wait for the real games to begin in January when we get to the ACC games. Those are so much fun too watch.

KTownsDolphins said:
Clemson 4-0 to start the year, I know they haven't played anyone good, but wins are wins, I can't wait for the real games to begin in January when we get to the ACC games. Those are so much fun too watch.

Agreed. You can't beat conference play, that's when the fun starts!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Wins don't matter, National Championships do and Coach K has 3, Dean Smith has 2!

Right. Wins don't mean a thing. :rolleyes2

How about Kansas losing! Oral Roberts taking care of business.

Back
Top Bottom