Omar Kelly should be removed of his position. He sucks!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly should be removed of his position. He sucks!!!

maybe brady and manning get rid of the ball a lot quicker and are much more decisive in their decision making? so those lines in the mid 80's were that good when marino was getting sacked in single digits every year? give me a break, the qb has a ton to do with how the line looks. the games were so close this year that big plays couldnt be left on the field and thats exactly where they were left, and a lot of times that was on tannehill. now go ahead finsallday tell me how im a troll cause i critisized your god.

If Brady or Manning were our QB last season, its highly doubtful either one would have survived 58 sacks and been playing come playoff time....even if we had made it.

Brady and Manning are both capable of making faster decisions with the ball. I doubt either would have had the same sack total.

Brady and Manning are both capable of making faster decisions with the ball. I doubt either would have had the same sack total.

If that's the case then why did Tannehill average a faster release time from snap than Brady and just about an identical one to Manning? This has been talked about adnauseum on this forum so Im a little suprised to see someone use this as an arguement.

when all the marbles were down, and the playoffs were on the line, did the line play like crap?

If Brady or Manning were our QB last season, its highly doubtful either one would have survived 58 sacks and been playing come playoff time....even if we had made it.

:crazy:.......Some of you really need to wake up. Is Tannehill a finished product? Of course not. Are Brady and Manning supermen than can overcome being on the receiving end of the 10th most sacks in NFL history? Get real!

That is what I said but he doesn't seem to understand that.

maybe brady and manning get rid of the ball a lot quicker and are much more decisive in their decision making? so those lines in the mid 80's were that good when marino was getting sacked in single digits every year? give me a break, the qb has a ton to do with how the line looks. the games were so close this year that big plays couldnt be left on the field and thats exactly where they were left, and a lot of times that was on tannehill. now go ahead finsallday tell me how im a troll cause i critisized your god.

So its the QB's fault he gets sacked 58 times? Really? That is what you are going with? you once again prove you are a troll who knows absolutely nothing about how the basics of football. Newsflash with no offensive line you cannot move the ball at ALL means no passing or running period.

So stop with the foolishness and learn to watch the game before you open your mouth.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

:crazy:

I have no agenda and I'm not anti-Tannehill. I'm pro reality. Tannehill is still a work in progress. He can be very accurate at times and has shown signs of being elusive, but he seems to get flustered under pressure and try to force balls resulting in too many interceptions. Despite a season to create some chemistry, he seemed to not be much closer to getting on the same page with Wallace by season's end. I think he takes too long to commit to a throw and can't seem to find a way to connect deep when receivers are wide open. It's still too early to make a call on him. There's good and bad there. My biggest concern is the poor decision making that leads to turnovers. He throws too many interceptions. All that said, I'm fine with giving him another year to see how he progresses. It's not like we're on the cusp of SB contention. But if you want to try to make the case that with Brady or Manning at qb, we'd have done worse last year, go ahead. Impress me with your superior knowledge of the game.

You try getting hit 58 times buddy, so how nervous you get!!!! Don't give me this reality bull**** either. I will not even entertain your logic. I said "AGENDA"!!!

If that's the case then why did Tannehill average a faster release time from snap than Brady and just about an identical one to Manning? This has been talked about adnauseum on this forum so Im a little suprised to see someone use this as an arguement.

Don't be surprised, he is a "realist". LMAO!!!

Stats are a tricky thing sometimes. For example, two opposing quarterbacks, qb-A throws for 325 yards and 2 touchdowns, qb-B throws for 200 yards and 1 touchdown. If we only look at those numbers, qb-A appears to have had the better game. What the stats don't tell you is that qb-B's team built up a 27-0 lead by halftime and ran the ball the entire 2nd half, while qb-A got the majority of his yards by throwing underneath deep coverage and taking what the opposing defense was very willing to give him.

Sometimes we see quarterbacks finish a season with impressive "yards" numbers because their team was behind by a lot in almost every game and they had to abandon the run to save time and try to catch up. Sometimes we see quarterbacks finish a season with impressive "yards" numbers because they're great quarterbacks. You can't just look at a stat on it's face and think you know the whole story.

Using release time as a stat in this argument is problematic at best. There are too many variables that could push that number one way or the other that have nothing to do with how well someone plays the qb position. Offensive line is certainly one of those variables. A good offensive line lets a quarterback allow more time for a play to develop. A good offensive line allows an offensive coordinator to game plan more plays designed to go deep. Both of those things will increase release time. If Manning and Brady hold the ball longer, it's because they can, not because they lack an ability you're attributing to Tannehill. With either of those guys behind center for us last year, our qb doesn't take 58 sacks and I have to believe we'd have gotten much better production out of Wallace.

Now it might sound as if I'm making your argument for you. I'm not. My argument isn't that the fault lies entirely with the o-line; neither is my argument that the fault likes entirely with Tannehill. My argument is BOTH need to improve a lot. Many of those 58 sacks were the o-line's fault but many were Tannehill's fault as well.

Don't be surprised, he is a "realist". LMAO!!!
And clearly, you're not.

Stats are a tricky thing sometimes. For example, two opposing quarterbacks, qb-A throws for 325 yards and 2 touchdowns, qb-B throws for 200 yards and 1 touchdown. If we only look at those numbers, qb-A appears to have had the better game. What the stats don't tell you is that qb-B's team built up a 27-0 lead by halftime and ran the ball the entire 2nd half, while qb-A got the majority of his yards by throwing underneath deep coverage and taking what the opposing defense was very willing to give him.

Sometimes we see quarterbacks finish a season with impressive "yards" numbers because their team was behind by a lot in almost every game and they had to abandon the run to save time and try to catch up. Sometimes we see quarterbacks finish a season with impressive "yards" numbers because they're great quarterbacks. You can't just look at a stat on it's face and think you know the whole story.

Using release time as a stat in this argument is problematic at best. There are too many variables that could push that number one way or the other that have nothing to do with how well someone plays the qb position. Offensive line is certainly one of those variables. A good offensive line lets a quarterback allow more time for a play to develop. A good offensive line allows an offensive coordinator to game plan more plays designed to go deep. Both of those things will increase release time. If Manning and Brady hold the ball longer, it's because they can, not because they lack an ability you're attributing to Tannehill. With either of those guys behind center for us last year, our qb doesn't take 58 sacks and I have to believe we'd have gotten much better production out of Wallace.

Now it might sound as if I'm making your argument for you. I'm not. My argument isn't that the fault lies entirely with the o-line; neither is my argument that the fault likes entirely with Tannehill. My argument is BOTH need to improve a lot. Many of those 58 sacks were the o-line's fault but many were Tannehill's fault as well.

And clearly, you're not.

It was the perfect storm. Was it PFF which attributed something like 5 or 6 sacks solely to Tannehill? Well watching some of those in person, I think that might be a conservative evaluation. However, still, while I believe the blame falls mostly with the OL, aside from attributing some culpability to RT17, IMO a schizoid backfield that could not earn the respect of the defense, nor could block for crap must step up and claim its fair share of responsibility. So to should an OC, who when it came to predictable and uninspired play-calling turned out to be a reincarnation of Dan Henning. Consequently, there's plenty of blame to go around, but personally, I wouldn't even assess 25% of it to Ryan. :idk:

It was the perfect storm. Was it PFF which attributed something like 5 or 6 sacks solely to Tannehill? Well watching some of those in person, I think that might be a conservative evaluation. However, still, while I believe the blame falls mostly with the OL, aside from attributing some culpability to RT17, IMO a schizoid backfield that could not earn the respect of the defense, nor could block for crap must step up and claim its fair share of responsibility. So to should an OC, who when it came to predictable and uninspired play-calling turned out to be a reincarnation of Dan Henning. Consequently, there's plenty of blame to go around, but personally, I wouldn't even assess 25% of it to Ryan. :idk:

We can argue for days over doling out percentages, but that aside, I think you're correct in everything else. Hopefully, addressing the o-line and coordinator issues will clear the way for improvement in the other problem areas.

Wow people are really emotional. You would think that some posters actually know Tannehill and Kelly

I personally like Omar. He calls it like he sees it. No different than people on FH giving their opinions. With the difference he actually gets inside the locker room, and is able to talk to coaches players and staff. He doesn't go report every stupid whisper people retweet only to have to recant soon thereafter. He's actually one of the more real ones. The way I see people don't like him because he doesn't blow sunshine out of his ass tell you how great the team is when we really aren't.

We missed the playoffs. We suck. 10 years of hearing how we're "close" has made some people so complacent to mediocrity.

I personally agree with him on Tannehill. I don't give a **** about stats mind you. My barometer is and always will be... is he taking us to the playoffs. I'm all for drafting a QB until we find one that will. I won't hitch my cart to his train until I see a consistent 16 game performance culminating in the playoffs. When the season was on the line he didn't deliver. I don't care how many times people get sucked off by some analyst who says he has the "skills". Great then, hit a deep ****ing bomb. Lead us to the damn playoffs. Until then... he is what he is. And that is a bottom 20 QB.

As for Omars other comments, I don't care for them either, but I don't pay attention to them. Hard to be upset about a guy I've never met in my life and likely never will. Asinine to be so upset about people online. The guy can post whatever he damn well wants on his feed. It's his. Who am I to say what he should or shouldn't. And I certainly don't spend a second thinking about **** he posts I don't like. Its a free country.

LOL at the OP!
Fans are negative bc of Omar??? LOL, maybe a pathetic collapse with the playoffs in the grasp against two shiatty teams breeds negativity?
Maybe the fact that we haven't won a playoff game since Lamar Smith?
Maybe bc we look up at the Patriots every single year, and homers pretend every year we will improve until we don't.

Omar is an idiot. he knows nothing and is a pompous prick that thinks he knows football.
But, he is pretty close on Tannehill, I think he is a middle of the pack qb right now, so Omar was a couple of spots off maybe IMO

Well, here is an example for you.
Manning and Brady hold the ball longer when they know they have time. If protection holds up, they hold the ball and look for a better option or big play. If pro breaks down they get it out quick.
Tannehill, doesn't feel pressure, ball comes out where and when it was predetermined to

Back
Top Bottom