Over the last 5 years, Dolphins ranked number 2 in drafting. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over the last 5 years, Dolphins ranked number 2 in drafting.

The fact is Ireland has spent 2 firsts, a second, and a third on the o-line....it was one of the worst. Our leading receiver while breaking 1000 yards had one TD (and is set to be a FA). We don't have a receiver that scares anyone. Our best player Wake was not drafted, Starks not drafted, Dansby not drafted.....our CB's are a freaking joke and got exposed anytime the D-line couldn't get pressure. Smith, our best DB (as sad as that is) has I think 5 picks in 4 years and can't tackle worth a crap and wants to be paid like a pro bowler. Our MVP for the last few years has been the punter. It is the same issues over and over and over and it is like a broken record and NOT got any any better.

He spends 2 2nds for Marshall only to trade him for 2 thirds and somehow he is a genius for that! His greatest accomplishments are what he hasn't done (not going after Flynn or Orton) instead of what he has done, which is pretty pathetic.

We have a 7 win team that is has a probability of losing its best play maker, its best receiver, its best O-lineman, it's best CB, and one of the best players on D in Starks. We are not progressing, we are digressing and it sucks!

We have a 7 win team that is has a probability of losing its best play maker, its best receiver, its best O-lineman, it's best CB, and one of the best players on D in Starks. We are not progressing, we are digressing and it sucks!

And on top of that we already traded our best receiver and CB, Hartline and Smith would both be second best at those positions.

DO-OVER!!

The fact is Ireland has spent 2 firsts, a second, and a third on the o-line....it was one of the worst. Our leading receiver while breaking 1000 yards had one TD (and is set to be a FA). We don't have a receiver that scares anyone. Our best player Wake was not drafted, Starks not drafted, Dansby not drafted.....our CB's are a freaking joke and got exposed anytime the D-line couldn't get pressure. Smith, our best DB (as sad as that is) has I think 5 picks in 4 years and can't tackle worth a crap and wants to be paid like a pro bowler. Our MVP for the last few years has been the punter. It is the same issues over and over and over and it is like a broken record and NOT got any any better.

He spends 2 2nds for Marshall only to trade him for 2 thirds and somehow he is a genius for that! His greatest accomplishments are what he hasn't done (not going after Flynn or Orton) instead of what he has done, which is pretty pathetic.

Throwing in the towel before free agency and the draft? Come on now.

I really hate when fans act all doom and gloom before the process even starts. We are not digressing because we don't even know 100% what the team will look like in 2013. It is easy to list off our free agents and speculate that they are losses, but REALISTICALLY some of those guys will be back. They will add more free agents from other teams and they are loaded with high round draft picks. The ammunition is there for the team to likely get better, not worse.

Misleading. Just because a player starts doesn't make him good. It's not successful unless you're winning games.

The whole point of the offseason is to IMPROVE your team. If all you have is chicken s---, the GM's job is to find the ingredients to make chicken salad. If the guys you draft are better than the ones you had, you have thus IMPROVED your team. That's what he is supposed to do. Now, if the guys you draft are worse, then there is room for argument. But you don't go from talentless to the Super Bowl in a season.

I really don't understand some fans. On one hand they complain that the team has no good players, yet on the other hand complain that the team might lose some free agents. If the team lacks talent how is losing some players from the 7-9 team going to be a "step back" or "digressing"? I understand that some of these guys are good players but should the team make an effort to re-sign them all just to prevent them from leaving? All that leaves you with is the same exact talent as last season with no upgrades except for the draft. There would be no Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.

I like Jake Long and would love to have him back, but you have to weigh the risks and rewards of a big money deal a year or two down the road. Wannstedt, Saban, etc. had us in cap hell for a long time and Ireland finally got us out of it. I think "digressing" would be re-signing some of our free agents to mega deals that financially restrict the team going forward. The fact is the team has the cap room to re-sign every one of their current free agents. The problem is that all of them want big deals that are much more than what their value is. If you give them all what they want this team does not progress. I do think it is important to bring some of them back so there is less to replace in free agency and the draft, but re-signing ALL of them or even a majority of them is probably much worse than signing only a handful. You don't want to be back in cap hell 3-5 years down the road because you were afraid to let some of your free agents walk. This is about building a consistent winner.

You contradict yourself. You refer to smith in a negative manner, complain that Hartline only had one TD, a D-Line that can't get pressure WITH Starks, and then talk about how we are getting worse without them. The math doesn't add up. Are these good enough players to resign, or not? I just don't understand all the hate for Ireland. At least not until we see what he does this offseason. It's not like this guy has been Matt Millen...

:lol:

"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain

Does Ireland suck? No.

Is he #2? Depends on who you ask. :d-day:

I'm not penelazing them for drafting players... I'm penelazing them for not winning games. Shouldn't the 2nd best drafting team win games?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ---------

No it's a figment of your imagination.

Your beef should be with coaching bro. Yeah I would like to see more playmakers drafted, which will happen this year, but we have had morons for coaches until now.
Coaching influences wins and losses too.

Keep the faith everybody this is going to be an epic offseason for us!

But according to some Martin is better than Long and was a solid draft pick to replace him....even though Long in his rookie year makes martin's rookie year seem like high school and even while battling multiple injuries, Long was light years better. It cracks me up that these people are saying that the holes were filled and Irleland drafted players to replace those leaving and try to sell it as a one for one when it is clearly a down grade. Wake up and come back to reality!

I don't think anybody would argue how amazing Long WAS as a rookie and early on. The problem is that is not the reality anymore. What's the probability he even finishes a year standing up for us?
I don't get the beef with Martin, I though he was pretty damn good, esp considering he was bounced to RT and then back again.

I get your general displeasure, this team is not where I want it to be either.
All I'm saying is sit tight this offseason, I'm confident we will be bringing in some serious talent.

I really don't understand some fans. On one hand they complain that the team has no good players, yet on the other hand complain that the team might lose some free agents. If the team lacks talent how is losing some players from the 7-9 team going to be a "step back" or "digressing"? I understand that some of these guys are good players but should the team make an effort to re-sign them all just to prevent them from leaving? All that leaves you with is the same exact talent as last season with no upgrades except for the draft. There would be no Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.

I like Jake Long and would love to have him back, but you have to weigh the risks and rewards of a big money deal a year or two down the road. Wannstedt, Saban, etc. had us in cap hell for a long time and Ireland finally got us out of it. I think "digressing" would be re-signing some of our free agents to mega deals that financially restrict the team going forward. The fact is the team has the cap room to re-sign every one of their current free agents. The problem is that all of them want big deals that are much more than what their value is. If you give them all what they want this team does not progress. I do think it is important to bring some of them back so there is less to replace in free agency and the draft, but re-signing ALL of them or even a majority of them is probably much worse than signing only a handful. You don't want to be back in cap hell 3-5 years down the road because you were afraid to let some of your free agents walk. This is about building a consistent winner.

Good point. Imho I'm down to let some of our guys go, this is going to be a key turning point for our franchise. I rather take a risk on new blood than paying up guys like Hartline, Bush, Fasano, Smith.
But that's just my preference. I don't think we win championships with Hartline and Smith starting for us, but hey I could be wrong as hell.

Long would be great at the right price but I'm thinking Long will have some offers that I wouldn't want to compete with.
Starks I want, Clemons I want (cheap/for depth), and Moore too if possible lol.

I don't know. who was our head coaches during the last five years?

Tony Sparano and Joe Philbin, but I would ask who was the GM over the last 5 years? I find that the opinion varies on this forum as to who was making the picks.

This article is a joke. Remember when rookies Ronnie Brown, Clam Chowder and Travis Daniels all started. We sure did a good job drafting that year. To grade a draft you have to go round by round and look at value. Not value as in, he filled a need a got to start because there were no other options but value as in, he made a difference on the team.

Back
Top Bottom