Pat White, the deep ball and other options | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White, the deep ball and other options

I saw mostly great runs w/ one nice semi-deep pass at the 3:48 mark.

I guess you missed the passes at 55 sec...1:38 secs...2:00 mins...2:52....4:08....just a few.

Try watching this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osffHfVIa10&feature=related

:55 was underthrown, would be picked off more often than not in the NFL

1:38 was not a deep ball

2:00 not a deep ball though a nice pass

2:52 not a deep ball

4:08 not a deep ball

I think the angles are throwing you off. he had a few nice throws, none on deep balls and balls that floated a tad that he'd struggle w/ against NFL DBs.

I think the angles are throwing you off. he had a few nice throws, none on deep balls and balls that floated a tad that he'd struggle w/ against NFL DBs.

No problem. Sanchez was clocked at throwing a ball 343 yards, so at least the Jets are set.

No problem. Sanchez was clocked at throwing a ball 343 yards, so at least the Jets are set.

This has nothing to do w/ Sanchez. A clip was posted saying he had a nice deep ball and clearly in those clips he doesn't- at least not NFL caliber. Post a Sanchez clip and I'll give my honest assessment of him as well.

This has nothing to do w/ Sanchez. A clip was posted saying he had a nice deep ball and clearly in those clips he doesn't- at least not NFL caliber. Post a Sanchez clip and I'll give my honest assessment of him as well.

I don't give enough of a damn about Sanchez or how far he throws it. I did see White throw a 45 yd TD to the back of the end zone. I consider that deep.

I don't give enough of a damn about Sanchez or how far he throws it. I did see White throw a 45 yd TD to the back of the end zone. I consider that deep.

It's not about how far he throws it, it is about placement. he threw it to the bakc of the EZ well short of his wide open WR and made an easy catch a difficult one b/c he was short on it.

The defender had his back completely turned to the quarterback. Talk to an actual football guy and he'll tell you the underthrow when a singled up defender has his back square to you is one of the safest passes you can throw.

Ball traveled 35-40 yards vertically up the field before the receiver caught it. Yes, it was a deep ball. It was the same route that Miles Austin caught from Tony Romo on SNF against the Packers and the commentators openly referred to it as a deep ball.

Borderline. Looks about 25 yards on a deep post pattern, which qualifies as a vertical route.

It isn't a deep vertical but the ball did travel about 20-25 yards up the field.

If you don't see that as a deep vertical, then you don't know what you're seeing.

I think the angles are throwing you off, actually, because you're having trouble telling what is a vertical pass and what is not, and you also seem to be having trouble telling how far up the field a ball is traveling. The pass that you noted as a deep ball traveled up the field maybe 30-35 yards. And yet at the 1:38 second mark he throws a pass about the same distance up the field on a vertical route and you say it's not a deep ball. And then he throws 25 yards up the field and it's not a deep ball. He throws on a vertical pattern and it's not a deep ball.

I don't think the problem is that those throws aren't deep balls. I think the problem is those balls aren't thrown by Sanchez.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the clip you showed he had a couple of nice practice throws but I can'tt ake practice throws seriously.

1:54 underthrown deep ball to wide open WR in EZ.

He threw that ball perfectly. Any further up the field and the receiver might not have been able to get his feet in bounds.

The defender had his back completely turned to the quarterback. Talk to an actual football guy and he'll tell you the underthrow when a singled up defender has his back square to you is one of the safest passes you can throw.

Ball traveled 35-40 yards vertically up the field before the receiver caught it. Yes, it was a deep ball. It was the same route that Miles Austin caught from Tony Romo on SNF against the Packers and the commentators openly referred to it as a deep ball.

Borderline. Looks about 25 yards on a post pattern.

It isn't a deep vertical but the ball did travel about 20-25 yards up the field.

If you don't see that as a deep vertical, then you don't know what you're seeing.

I think the angles are throwing you off, actually, because you're having trouble telling what is a vertical pass and what is not, and you also seem to be having trouble telling how far up the field a ball is traveling. The pass that you noted as a deep ball traveled up the field maybe 30-35 yards. And yet at the 1:38 second mark he throws a pass about the same distance up the field on a vertical route and you say it's not a deep ball. And then he throws 25 yards up the field and it's not a deep ball. He throws on a vertical pattern and it's not a deep ball.

I don't think the problem is that those throws aren't deep balls. I think the problem is those balls aren't thrown by Sanchez.

Yeah it was safe but he turned an easy play into a difficult one. Had he thrown on time and w/ a little more velocity the defender is nowhere near that football.

2nd one was not a deep ball. It was about 30-35 yds in the air. The LOS was at the 20, he dropped back about 6 yards and hit him at midfield.

last one he threw from the 18 and it was caught about 5 yards in the EZ, clearly not a deep ball. That was about as easy a throw to make as there is.

This isn't about Sanchez. I am seeing a guy who is not a good passer and you guys are acting like he's Dan Marino. Those are not NFL caliber passes.

He threw that ball perfectly. Any further up the field and the receiver might not have been able to get his feet in bounds.

He was WIDE open, if he throws it on time and gets it there on time he hits the WR in stride heading into the EZ. That was NOT a good throw, in the NFL w/ better athletes that ball is either broken up or picked.

Back
Top Bottom