Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go

Apples and oranges. Incognito causes off the field trouble for his own team and he's done that EVERY F'N PLACE HE'S PLAYED. Bounced out of Nebraska, bounced out of Oregon in 1 week, unwelcome in St. Louis when his contract expired, unwelcome in Buffalo when his contract expired. Defend him and Ireland's signing of him all you want, it's not going to change how many feel about either.

The same is true for those of us, who stand by Incog. While in MIA, outside of the golf course function, he has been a ideal teammate and player. Earning a trip to the PB last year.

Your dislike of Philbin and company jade your view on alot things he's done, and hasn't done.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Plus all the talk here on these boards, is that you can find any plug and play linemen. That the QB was the most important piece, not a LT. I guess that argument is dead now. Some people ought to be careful what they wish for.

"A broken clock is always right twice a day"..that pretty much sums up Jeff Ireland.
I want him gone....literally kick to the curb with all his office crap.
It is time for a change. Ireland is a .500 GM
We will never win the super bowl without a talent upgrade at GM

"A broken clock is always right twice a day"..that pretty much sums up Jeff Ireland.
I want him gone....literally kick to the curb with all his office crap.
It is time for a change. Ireland is a .500 GM
We will never win the super bowl without a talent upgrade at GM

So your happy with another rebuild. Next year at this time, being 8-7 and hoping for the playoffs? Because a new GM brings a new coach, new philosophy, new system. Because that is what you people are advocating for.

Totally separate incident and I pay no attention to people who only want to make noisy about something when they feel they can capitalize off of it. She felt it wasnt much of an issue then dont come later screaming and yelling.
Ahh... so the woman was wrong not the schmuck who thought it was okay to rub a golf club in her crotch. Is that how you'd want your mother, sister, or daughter treated?

Yes or No do you really believe Martin left because of Incognito?
I have no idea if it was because of Incognito or if he was pulling something. I haven't see anything that makes me think he's a liar yet because what we do know is consistent with how some respond to bullying, but perhaps the NFL report will shed more light.

The same is true for those of us, who stand by Incog. While in MIA, outside of the golf course function, he has been a ideal teammate and player. Earning a trip to the PB last year.
I'm not so sure that his presence in the locker room didn't impede others from taking on a leadership role, others who might have done a better job and done it without bringing the dysfunction that Incognito brings to every stop. Allowing Incognito to play leader was putting the fox in charge of the chickens. It had disaster written all over it.

Your dislike of Philbin and company jade your view on alot things he's done, and hasn't done.
Actually, I was happy to get Philbin. When we were down to a short list, he was my top choice because I thought he had the most potential based on his background and where he was at the time. At the time I had no idea the guy had such a flat affect. I find it hard to believe that didn't come across in the interviewing process, but perhaps it didn't bother Ireland and Ross. But now the team mirrors that flat affect and we come out flat far too often. I'm not saying I want someone at the extreme other end, but someone with a little life in them would be good. Philbin is like a corpse sometimes.

So your happy with another rebuild. Next year at this time, being 8-7 and hoping for the playoffs? Because a new GM brings a new coach, new philosophy, new system. Because that is what you people are advocating for.
I don't think the team needs to be rebuilt from scratch and I don't think a new and capable GM would insist on that. But I'm all for putting in a new system. Our offense is stale and predictable. Our defense gives away 3rd and longs like they have a crush on the other team.

In no way would it be a smart move to get rid of anyone if the Dolphins make the play-offs. Making more change at that point would probably doom us to another 2-years of not making the play-offs.

If they don't make the play-offs at minimum Ireland has to go. I'd suggest Sherman as well at that point.

So your happy with another rebuild. Next year at this time, being 8-7 and hoping for the playoffs? Because a new GM brings a new coach, new philosophy, new system. Because that is what you people are advocating for.[/QUOT

No it doesn't. Firing Jeff Ireland doesn't mean a total rebuild. Fire Jeff Ireland and find a GM that wants to work with Philbin, within his scheme, and that actually knows how to find talented players to fit that scheme.

You would obviously be content with Ireland and 7-9 or 9-7 seasons. That is what Ireland brings to the table. The proof is in the books. We are already stuck in mediocrity.

This horse is already dead. Rumors are the Ireland will be back. Get ready for another 8-8 season in 2014.

No it doesn't. Firing Jeff Ireland doesn't mean a total rebuild. Fire Jeff Ireland and find a GM that wants to work with Philbin, within his scheme, and that actually knows how to find talented players to fit that scheme.

You would obviously be content with Ireland and 7-9 or 9-7 seasons. That is what Ireland brings to the table. The proof is in the books. We are already stuck in mediocrity.

This horse is already dead. Rumors are the Ireland will be back. Get ready for another 8-8 season in 2014.

You make it sound so easy to find a great GM that will agree to those terms.

We haven't finished a season at 8-8 since 1996.

Point to where I said I want to lose to the Jets.
Also, I read the personnel breakdown (double-meaning) in some other threads and the pure facts of the matter display just stunning displays of incompetence. Also, no good GM is gonna hit a reset button on an 8-win team, but we're stuck in limbo here unless someone can better evaluate and acquire talent. The guy thought Marc Columbo was a suitable option for chrissakes!

You make it sound so easy to find a great GM that will agree to those terms.

We haven't finished a season at 8-8 since 1996.

My theory is the Tony Dungy (Ross consultant) is pulling the levers behind the scenes and if and when Ireland is finally gone, he will facilitate the search for the next GM as the team top executive. The GM will not have total power as Ireland has now, the coach and GM will have equal power and report to the executive. That is the right direction and framework.
I would be very comfortable with the results of that search.
As it stands, I believe that Ireland will get one more year due to the team's record improving. I am hopeful that it all comes together next year, but at the same time Ireland has had to many wasted draft picks and terrible trades. Another draft that can not produce starters will be his undoing.
Just my far-fetched opinion. As I said before, we all know the Jeffy will be back in 2014.

My theory is the Tony Dungy (Ross consultant) is pulling the levers behind the scenes and if and when Ireland is finally gone, he will facilitate the search for the next GM as the team top executive. The GM will not have total power as Ireland has now, the coach and GM will have equal power and report to the executive. That is the right direction and framework.
I would be very comfortable with the results of that search.
As it stands, I believe that Ireland will get one more year due to the team's record improving. I am hopeful that it all comes together next year, but at the same time Ireland has had to many wasted draft picks and terrible trades. Another draft that can not produce starters will be his undoing.
Just my far-fetched opinion. As I said before, we all know the Jeffy will be back in 2014.

I don't believe ireland is as safe as you think. If we finish at 8-8, with an embarrassing loss to the jets and only a one game improvement, ross will have to do something,imo.

So your happy with another rebuild. Next year at this time, being 8-7 and hoping for the playoffs? Because a new GM brings a new coach, new philosophy, new system. Because that is what you people are advocating for.[/QUOT

A new GM won't want his finger prints on the team? You are reaching there buddy. A new GM means new everything.

Fireland before he gives up more picks to move up and draft mediocre players.

A new GM won't want his finger prints on the team? You are reaching there buddy. A new GM means new everything.

No it doesn't. If you read my response, in that scenario you will hopefully understand that the next GM will have limited power. This will prevent whole sale changes and continue with the team and coaches continuity.
The only thing that will change is the intelligence of the person who acquires talent. You obviously like what Jeff has done here. I look at what he has done right and wrong.
Time for a change as long as Tony Dungy is the top executive. He would be the steady hand that this team is looking for since Shula's departure. Ireland is an amateur running the team. Dungy is a professional.
If I was Ross, I would park the Brinks truck in his driveway.
Winning starts at the top.

a new GM will to deal with free agency with a woman named dawn Aponte. a new gm would be tied to a coach and qb whom they did not choose and henceforth becomes a yes man.

which is why I say one more year 4 everyone. you don't become top 5 team or deep playoff team.break it all up.

tannehill is a qb who came from this system. new everything would be the end of RT in Miami if that happens.

We need higher caliber people in the key positions, although I'm not sure it fully matters as long as we stay in this stadium.

Losing Mike Dee was a positive start. An out of touch yes man is roughly the equivalent of the guys who don't survive the first cut in August. What's the gamble in dropping Jeff Ireland? We can't find another guy who is mid pack, at best? I don't read too many arguments that he's fantastic. An occasional great player would be preferable to Ireland's tendencies. I'd also like to have a draft class who sound smart and impressive, instead of the familiar sampling of blockheads who make me cringe as soon as they open their mouth. I'm forever asking myself how we catch the Patriots with lugs like this?

Back
Top Bottom