Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go

just be sure to tell me master who we should draft so I can hold you accountable.

Sure. Just provide me with a scouting staff, a 7 figure base salary, and plenty of film so I can devote as much time to college player evaluation as Ireland should. Oh, I'll also need a ticket and staff for the combines. Give me all that and then you can fairly assess my ability against Ireland's.

In case my point has eluded you, no one on this board should be as good as Ireland because none of us have the resources available to us that he does. Comparing him to anyone here is a child's argument. He's a GM of an NFL football team; compare him to his peers. And in that, he comes up short despite your flame he has apparently ignited in your heart.

Sure. Just provide me with a scouting staff, a 7 figure base salary, and plenty of film so I can devote as much time to college player evaluation as Ireland should. Oh, I'll also need a ticket and staff for the combines. Give me all that and then you can fairly assess my ability against Ireland's.

In case my point has eluded you, no one on this board should be as good as Ireland because none of us have the resources available to us that he does. Comparing him to anyone here is a child's argument. He's a GM of an NFL football team; compare him to his peers. And in that, he comes up short despite your flame he has apparently ignited in your heart.

im not afraid of Ireland being fired. im afraid of obtaining randy mueller in his place. Ireland was a rookie gm when parcells broyght him in. when he actually took over final say in 2010, he got much better. you live and learn and deal with different circumstances.

It's easy for all of us to judge those who are in position.

I don't have any resources other than draft sites and this board, but at least I have big picture of what I would like to see. whats yours?

that is the problem with most Ireland haters I have, is that you never teach me anything outside the hate. all of you bag on him for passing on certain guys....well, that may be true, but he scored on others. none of this will matter if ryan tannehill becomes the franchise. I would like to see if that is possible and not botch that up thank you.

I don't have any resources other than draft sites and this board, but at least I have big picture of what I would like to see. whats yours?
I'm sure you're a great drafter in your own mind. I have no such fantasies. And whether you can pick better players than I can, or whether I can pick better players than you can, neither of us IS THE GM OF THE F'N MIAMI DOLPHINS. Either one of us out drafting the other has no bearing on whether Ireland is a good GM. This isn't about me vs. you. I shouldn't have to repeat this, but you don't seem to be able to grasp it: we don't judge Ireland against ourselves; we judge him against other GMs.

that is the problem with most Ireland haters I have, is that you never teach me
Perhaps you're incapable of learning.

Not sure why you would say such a thing? I wonder could you answer finfan54's statement?

Which one? That I never teach him? It's not my job to teach him anything. He's perfectly free to wallow in any pool of misinformation that he creates, and you're free to swim along side.

Or perhaps you, like he, thinks my drafting ability is the measure we should hold Ireland up against.

My complaint about Ireland isn't limited a series of cherry picked facts. I've said this before, Ireland has one job: to make this team better. We were mediocre when he took the GM job 5 years ago, we're mediocre today. Ireland hasn't turned us into a good team in 5 years. That's enough time to judge his abilities.

Which one? That I never teach him? It's not my job to teach him anything. He's perfectly free to wallow in any pool of misinformation that he creates, and you're free to swim along side.

Or perhaps you, like he, thinks my drafting ability is the measure we should hold Ireland up against.

My complaint about Ireland isn't limited a series of cherry picked facts. I've said this before, Ireland has one job: to make this team better. We were mediocre when he took the GM job 5 years ago, we're mediocre today. Ireland hasn't turned us into a good team in 5 years. That's enough time to judge his abilities.
this was a 1-15 team when he took over, I would say even mediocre is better than that.
Bottom line for me: if he has truly found a franchise QB and this team makes the playoffs, he is doing his job well enough to stay

this was a 1-15 team when he took over, I would say even mediocre is better than that.

His 1st year we went 7-9. We're not much better than a 7-9 team five years later.
But if you're going to give Ireland credit for taking us from 1-15 to 7-9 in one year, how come he hasn't be able to achieve any significant improvement since then? You guys keep proving my point.

His 1st year we went 7-9. We're not much better than a 7-9 team five years later.
But if you're going to give Ireland credit for taking us from 1-15 to 7-9 in one year, how come he hasn't be able to achieve any significant improvement since then? You guys keep proving my point.
His first year was 11-5 and an AFC East Championship...

His first year was 11-5 and an AFC East Championship...
Yep, my bad.
So you're telling me he's done a good job by taking an 11-5 team and then producing seasons that went 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, and now we sit on a mediocre 8-7. That's horrible.

Yep, my bad.
So you're telling me he's done a good job by taking an 11-5 team and then producing seasons that went 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, and now we sit on a mediocre 8-7. That's horrible.
No, I said he took over the worst team in the league and brought them to middle of the pack which would be an improvement.
I also said regardless of records if this team makes the playoffs with a franchise QB, he is doing well enough to stay

No, I said he took over the worst team in the league and brought them to middle of the pack which would be an improvement.
I also said regardless of records if this team makes the playoffs with a franchise QB, he is doing well enough to stay

We were 11-5 and then we were 7-9. You're right. He brought us to the middle of the pack. In other words, mediocre.
You can't hold up 11-5 like it was an accomplishment and then pretend like it didn't exist when a meteoric rise from 1-15 to 7-9. If you're going to give Ireland credit for the 11-5 season, you have to also fault him for falling from 11-5 and getting mired in mediocrity since then. You can't have it both ways. The guy has produced one good season, his first, and arguably the season he had the least impact upon since that team had the least number of players he's responsible for bringing on board.

We were 11-5 and then we were 7-9. You're right. He brought us to the middle of the pack. In other words, mediocre.
You can't hold up 11-5 like it was an accomplishment and then pretend like it didn't exist when a meteoric rise from 1-15 to 7-9. If you're going to give Ireland credit for the 11-5 season, you have to also fault him for falling from 11-5 and getting mired in mediocrity since then. You can't have it both ways. The guy has produced one good season, his first, and arguably the season he had the least impact upon since that team had the least number of players he's responsible for bringing on board.
I didn't even mention 11-5 in my first post, I only brought that up because you thought they went from 1-15 to 7-9.
All I said was the middle is better than the bottom and if a GM builds a playoff team with a franchise QB he should stay.
Maybe you will get it the 3rd time...

I didn't even mention 11-5 in my first post, I only brought that up because you thought they went from 1-15 to 7-9.
All I said was the middle is better than the bottom and if a GM builds a playoff team with a franchise QB he should stay.
Maybe you will get it the 3rd time...

And top is better than middle. I don't understand why you're fighting so hard to keep us in the middle. Middle is what Ireland has delivered. I want better. I'd rather take a chance on a new GM that might be exceptional rather than hold on to the person I know to be mediocre. And give me a break on the "playoff team" designation. If we get in, we squeak in with help. We're not going into the playoffs commanding any kind of respect. And if we don't win a couple of games in the playoffs, we come out of it with the same lack of respect.

And I'm not sold on RT being a "franchise" qb yet. I'm not saying get rid of him, but he needs to grow in some areas before I start calling him that. Some of you are premature in calling him that more out of wishful thinking than anything else.

The last thing the Miami Dolphins need is another season of Jeff Ireland.

Miami needs to start drafting the best players available instead of reaching to fill needs created by Jeff Ireland's wasted draft picks and bad moves in free agency.

You don't have to finish on the bottom to make changes and to upgrade an organization.

Apologies, I thought I made clear my questions, but unfortunately you didn't answer either. I asked why would you say to finfan54 'Perhaps you're incapable of learning'? I just don't understand why you would say that to anyone, maybe you care to explain? I then asked why you wouldn't address finfan54's statement, 'that is the problem with most Ireland haters that I have, is that you never teach me'. Hopefully I'm clearer this time and you can answer these questions.

Back
Top Bottom