Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

Cutler was crap, OLine was crap, running game is crap.. and those were the bright spots. This is a team utterly unprepared for NFL level play. At one point, one of the Panther linebackers(?) was actually pointing out where the play was going to go before Cutler even got set... AND HE WAS RIGHT.

There is something deeply wrong with this team and as a Dolphin fan for over 30 years, I am disgusted by the coaching staff and the product they place on the field. While I don't think Gase should be fired yet, it is clearly trending in that direction.

But what I saw last night was Jay Cutler just straight up air mailing the football when he had guys WIDE OPEN. Julius Thomas and Kenny Stills might still be running if Jay would just set his damn feet.

11yr vet QB that can't set his feet. Not great.

gase told the announcers that he still had a job to do right now when asked about tanny as in coach the team and current qb

I wouldn't read too much into that

tannehill has just as much medical chance to come back as deshaun watson does for Houston

I know its fashionable to just root for a good draft pick. I can't help that I have to put 3 hours into watching this product every week. Hell they could kneel on the ball for 3 hours and i would still watch . . . So knowing that I would like if they at least thought about entertaining their fanbase nstead of forcing alternative narratives down our throats.
I used to feel that way...lets suck because the season is over, we'll get a great player in the draft. Then, over time, I realized that we miss in the draft too. Now I watch us come out unprepared, slow starts, down by halftime, same 'ol lame vanilla plays with absolutely no creativity or deception and I am numb. I expect a shitty product on the field. I think we are as bad currently as we have ever been. The freakin Jets play with more passion than we do, it's unbelievable how this storied franchise, one who holds the record for going undefeated and one who had arguably the best ever coach and QB, can continually make bad hiring, drafting and coaching decisions...it's like groundhog day each year.

Ross has the funds to get what he or we need/want but he needs to get proven football people to do so and not washed up has beens who just want the money.

gase told the announcers that he still had a job to do right now when asked about tanny as in coach the team and current qb

I wouldn't read too much into that

tannehill has just as much medical chance to come back as deshaun watson does for Houston

I just worry how being injured in back to back seasons with the same injury will effect him mentally.

It is enough of a concern to put a high priority on the QB position in the 2018 draft IMO. Moore is on the final year of his deal, you need a backup anyways, may as well fill it with some real upside in case Tanny doesn't revert to form.

the guys running stadium steps 2 months post op

the last thing I'm worried about is his mental state

but we do need a plan b with upside in 2018...key word being upside

As bad as Cutler was the decision to try and move this offense downfield with 47 seconds left in the half was worse. Gase absolutely made a decision that is on par with any of the piss poor decisions Philbin made.

Well folks, this game officially marks this season, as the sky has finally fallen!!! The LBs were nowhere to be found, and I’m still searching for them. Howard has quickly become the most overrated and over hyped CB perhaps in the entire league. The pass rush is non existent and not sure it will ever arrive. But on a positive note McCain did play well and looks to have turned the corner enough to leave Miami in the next year with a big pay check in pocket. It seems as if both Gase and Burke are in over their heads. Look at the Rams and Eagles, both with young coaches who were smart enough to “HIRE” Experienced Defensive Coordinators in Both Philips and Schwartz, both turning around subpar defenses in Philadelphia and Los Angeles. Forgive me for saying this, but the inexperience of Burke doesn’t bode well for Gase or the team. Gases ego wouldn’t let him surround himself with more experienced coaches in key positions leading to the current disaster of a defense. It looks like a 4-12 season.

It doesn't look like to me that this team is very coachable; there's a lot of "dumb" players on this team. Some of the defensive coaching isn't great, but most of the players are overrated too. It looks like age has finally caught up with Cam Wake. This team is going to end up with close to a top 10 pick (if not just inside the top 10) but I don't trust Tannenbaum to do anything with that pick. He's pretty bad at his job.

My opinion -
This was expected.
Cutler throws a really bad pic and the D gave up.
We can't defend any misdirection or tackle a single cutback. On the other side of the ball we don't seem to call any misdirection. It just miffs me why not.
The 4th down play call was horrendous.
We have a serious hole on our team and thats a lack of heart.
Need to make some leadership changes starting with pouncey.
Can't wait to see Tannehill back. We won't win until he is back and only if he has the leadership that he began to show last season.

Maybe it's just me, but . . .
it seems every week we hear 'Otto Graham saw Miami with two deep safeties and audibled to a run up the middle for 12 yards.' I don't remember ever hearing Cutler audibled to a good play. That, IN ITSELF, highlights a big problem.

On another positive note the Offensive Line held their own against a tough Defensive Front. Jesse Davis played well for the most part, if he can continue to grow into the versitile player he’s becoming, he could eventually be part of the answers along the line. Tunsil on the other hand, may be better suited for LG.

larsen got blown up on the 4th down run. davis was the illegal formation that put us in 3rd and long. pouncey penalty for another 3rd and long. the line was its usual **** guys...

I don't claim to be an OL expert and I'm not going to defend the OL, except to say picking out bad plays is something I can do against Pro-Bowl OLmen. Yes, some bad plays, but overall, all but Pouncey played pretty well. I said elsewehre everyone in the stadium knew the 4th and one play call, I'm not at all surprised the D smoked it.

We suck. Oh well, never should have hired Tannenbum in the first place. I let my homerism take over on my belief in him and Kiko to name a few, but that S is over. This team needs big changes starting from the top, too bad we can't get rid of our owner. Gase has been the biggest disappointment this season though, he looks lost too.

Back
Top Bottom