Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

This team is like a leaky row boat. The minute one hole gets plugged there's another hole and another. If it's not missed tackles, it's penalties, shabby pass defense, interceptions by Cutler, missed passes by Cutler, a fumble by Drake, a third and long that gets converted by our opponents, we trade away the heart and soul of our team for a 4th rounder and wonder why we lose 3 straight for all the world to see. This is a brand new low as a Dolphin fan. I'm sorry, this guy Cutler ain't my kind of guy and a team that falls apart after an interception ain't my kind of team. Gase's post game pressers where he pulls his cap low and you can't see his eyes is getting old. He doesn't have many answers lately and he hitched his wagon to Cutler, a guy who actually looks scared to get hit, and gave up on Ajayi, a guys who led the league in broken tackles. If I'm going into battle and I can pick either Ajayi or Cutler to be in the fox hole with me I'm picking the Jay Train, you'd have to be an idiot to pick Cutler. How are we supposed to generate interest for the rest of this season? Are we going to lose to Tampa Bay?
We are not beating Tampa. One more win tops and it's not coming next week. The offense is impotent w Cutler.

My opinion. Carolinas offense stinks. Their QB causes us to play cautiously which allows for other plays to become available. Really if you look at it there’s is no number one WR. They drop balls like crazy. Dickson is an Ok TE and their RB’s are the strength. This should have been a closer game. I expected more from Miami. We got pushed around at the LOS and that’s what causes us to lose this game.

Didn’t miss a step without Benjamin. But he was t exactly lighting the world on fire either. He’s a WR built like a TE
Yep no studs on the Carolina offense.

yeah i know. all i heard for 5 years is what **** the O line was and thats whats holding ryan back but now cutler is responsible for the **** offense? we have the worst o line in the league. the worst.

Nobody is blaming Cutler for sacks or the lack of a running game (as was common with Tannehill bashers). Cutler is responsible for missing wide open throws with no pressure because he is throwing off of his back foot for NO REASON.

I agree with you. Cutler INT was rough but let's be honest. They did put up 21 points on the number 1 defense that is giving up 17 points a game. They also put up 313 yards of total offense on a defense giving up 274 yards per game. When you consider how god awful the defense was and allowed the Panthers to own the time of possession 24 minutes to 35 minutes. It really wasn't too bad of a performance by the offense.

Then again reading through the game thread all I see is Cutler sucks...get rid of Stinkler....who threw for 2 TD and 1 INT against the best defense in football. While playing behind an O-line that cant block to save its life. Add in that the running game had 2 good runs. 1 for 66 yards and an 11 yard run. Then they promptly gained 23 yards on the other 14 rush attempts. Which is pitifully bad but I blame the O-line. That's squarely where the blame for this offenses struggles belong. Not only do they suck at blocking but they seem to be attempting to set a record with penalties. Most of which seem to negate 1st downs and big plays.

Again, Cutler get's garbage time stats and scores. If he puts together these drives earlier you encourage our D to play better.

Carolina defense let up once they got 45 pts. Don’t be fooled by the 21pts. Miami has another dreadful performance on offense...again.

Unfortunately Gase will be coach through at least the 2018 season though...so when I say soon, I'm talking about the kinda soon for a young HC that took his team to the playoffs last year. His clock is ticking very quickly right now. His only savior will be RT coming back and carrying this team to the playoffs next year. Unlikely but if that doesn't pan out, Gase should be shown the door. Which won't matter if the GM stays puts.

I would be careful about calling for Gase's head. There are not 32 good coaches in the NFL. I don't think there are 15, but that's arguable. I blame our problems more on T-bum and our scouts. "You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****".

I won’t give this OL a total pass but it was a tough defensive assignment on the road- the thing that really stands out to me is all the plays and yardage Cutler missed on.

His ball and foot placement are horrible - he short hooped a swing pass yet again and badly missed open players all night.

Another thing that really bothers me- the offense basically has no sense of urgency and rhythm- week after week. How can Gase and coaches let that continue.

I don't care who is with the team next year, Jones, Suh, Tunsil, whomever. We need a complete new team and coaches. One or three players is only the start of the issue. We have coaching issues as well as players issues and I think poor coaching is the cause for the play of the players.

The sad part is that we say the same thing every season. Its a constant loop.

Cutler is responsible for missing wide open throws with no pressure because he is throwing off of his back foot for NO REASON.

yeah he had some very poor throws last night. we should have expected that when we signed him and couldnt protect him. when he did stand in there last night peppers smoked davis and nearly killed him.

I won’t give this OL a total pass but it was a tough defensive assignment on the road- the thing that really stands out to me is all the plays and yardage Cutler missed on.

His ball and foot placement are horrible - he short hooped a swing pass yet again and badly missed open players all night.

Another thing that really bothers me- the offense basically has no sense of urgency and rhythm- week after week. How can Gase and coaches let that continue.
The coaches were lighting up the players on the sidelines. I got a first hand look at it. The assistant D-line coach was ripping into the D-line. I saw Burke having a "strong" discussion with Alonso during one of the TV timeouts. I will say that I thought these guys came out with no energy from the start.

Your last point is a major reason for wanting to just roll with Matt Moore.

You have all 3 receivers healthy and they are going to waste right now. At least Matt will attempt to get them involved down field and will show more tempo on offense.

That Baltimore game almost seemed like a trap by Gase to ensure the Moore calls would simmer.

And no he is no savior but he sure is more entertaining than what we have seen out of this offense with Cutler.

And Cutler does a great job in the pocket, he is better than advertised when it comes to improvising . . . .but I am tired of the poor mechanics and inaccuracy.

About our O line, they did pass protect a little better but there were NO holes to run through early in the game, you know when it was being decided. Having to pass every down is hard to overcome, especially with Cutler. Hit him once early and he hears footsteps. If you can't keep the ball for extended drives, your D suffers. The Defense can only hold up so long, they spent way too much time on the field in the FIRST half. The int. broke their back, so to speak. Our O is predictable because of the weaknesses. Even a bad D coordinator can pick that up. T-bum do your ****ing job.

Your last point is a major reason for wanting to just roll with Matt Moore.

You have all 3 receivers healthy and they are going to waste right now. At least Matt will attempt to get them involved down field and will show more tempo on offense.

That Baltimore game almost seemed like a trap by Gase to ensure the Moore calls would simmer.

And no he is no savior but he sure is more entertaining than what we have seen out of this offense with Cutler.

And Cutler does a great job in the pocket, he is better than advertised when it comes to improvising . . . .but I am tired of the poor mechanics and inaccuracy.
I still hear people say this as a reason Cutler is better than Tannehill but for what Cutler gives you in his ability to manipulate the pocket you lose in his ability to throw accurately (or even in the vicinity some times) to a receiver. Who cares if Cutler avoids sacks if the overall end result is worse. Tannehill can throw on a dime while running, Cutler cannot. Tannehill's ball placement is infinitely better, his leadership is better, his ability to run is better (there was a play early on where Cutler had nothing but green grass in front of him and he tried to lob it to a WR, can't remember who it was, but the throw was horribly bad. He could have run for 10 yards and it was a 3rd down play.), Tannehill's ball placement allows for receiver to get YAC, Tannehill throws a better deep ball, so yeah...Cutler avoids sacks...good for him.

Back
Top Bottom