Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

I would love to know what Timmons is thinking. Going from a winning, tough, blue collar, consistantly successful playoff team to the Phins. Talk about a downgrade.

This team is like a leaky row boat. The minute one hole gets plugged there's another hole and another. If it's not missed tackles, it's penalties, shabby pass defense, interceptions by Cutler, missed passes by Cutler, a fumble by Drake, a third and long that gets converted by our opponents, we trade away the heart and soul of our team for a 4th rounder and wonder why we lose 3 straight for all the world to see. This is a brand new low as a Dolphin fan. I'm sorry, this guy Cutler ain't my kind of guy and a team that falls apart after an interception ain't my kind of team. Gase's post game pressers where he pulls his cap low and you can't see his eyes is getting old. He doesn't have many answers lately and he hitched his wagon to Cutler, a guy who actually looks scared to get hit, and gave up on Ajayi, a guys who led the league in broken tackles. If I'm going into battle and I can pick either Ajayi or Cutler to be in the fox hole with me I'm picking the Jay Train, you'd have to be an idiot to pick Cutler. How are we supposed to generate interest for the rest of this season? Are we going to lose to Tampa Bay?

I would love to know what Timmons is thinking. Going from a winning, tough, blue collar, consistantly successful playoff team to the Phins. Talk about a downgrade.
I think its why he went AWOL at the beginning of the season...He knew what was about to happen.

That's kinda how it works yeah, if he had thrown a 2nd INT at any point you would have talked **** about it. So why does it not count that his stat line was pretty respectable against the number 1 defense in all of football?

Did it not occur to you that the Panthers were averaging 18 points a game and just lit up the Dolphins defense like an XMAS tree for 45 ****ing points? Maybe if the Dolphins defense kept it under 30 and helped a little with the time of possession this game wouldn't have had a "garbage time"
We suck no matter how you slice it. They could have put a hundred on us if they really tried at the end. We caved and were never in it. Poor prep, zero adjustments, lost heart status quo

Here’s my thoughts:

Suh is playing hurt
The rest of the DT’s are jags and tonight emphasized it. Double Suh and his friends are useless.
Wake is good but aging
Rest of DE’s are Jags.
One cut seems to be more than Kiko can handle.
Timmons is uninterested.
Maualuga tried but is too slow.
Tank is our best CB
Howard is becoming the most overrated player in finheaven history. I find it hard to believe he’s better than Maxwell.
Mccain is a Jag.
Safeties are OK

O-line wasn’t even the biggest issue IMHO. There were plays there crippled by inaccurate throws. Quit forcing the ball yo Thomas, game plan for the WR’s.,

I don't care who is with the team next year, Jones, Suh, Tunsil, whomever. We need a complete new team and coaches. One or three players is only the start of the issue. We have coaching issues as well as players issues and I think poor coaching is the cause for the play of the players.

The game and this team are like catching a Mahi Mahi on a tourist charter boat. All the tourist stand around watching the fish flop around, trashing ****. Finally someone runs up and clubs it to death. Last night the Panthers were that someone.
:laugh

Post game thoughts

The camo gear doesn't go well with our aqua and orange, maybe one of the worst combos in the league.

Christian McCaffery really hasn't changed much since his pop warner days, looks to be about the same height. That sharpie celebration was brilliant.

That quasi bald guy on our medical staff, had some really high soled sneakers. I wonder if he does that for a height advantage like Kramer's friend Mickey does?

* The Dolphins should have played Notre Dame

* This team has no good games. It's been more or less that simple in 2017. It's either ineptitude, or willingness to get lucky late if the opponent allows it. Very confounding for me because this league is set up to enable teams to have very distinct high energy games for 60 minutes.

* I'm not a Reshad Jones fan. Tonight all the reasons were there. Jones was completely baffled and intimidated by Christian McCaffrey. The pivotal moment of the game was the possession after the stupid Cutler interception with 40 seconds remaining in the first half. As Sean McDonough pointed out before the play, the 3rd down snap was massive because it would lead to a field goal attempt and manageable 13-7 deficit, or a dagger touchdown and 17-7. Jones completely butchered that third down read and it was like Cam Newton knew it would happen. He didn't even bother to look off Jones. McCaffrey ran a harmless swing route to the left with his back to the goal line as he headed toward the sideline at the 5. He was covered and no threat at all. But instead of competent instincts and playing it correctly inside-out, Jones panicked and headed toward the sideline to double team McCaffrey. He didn't do anything to take away the slant. It was like he had no idea a slant was available even though it was smack in his area. Jones realized his gaffe after a few steps and awkwardly turned his body, finding no-mans land and covering nobody. Simple touchdown.

On the swing pass touchdown in the third quarter, McCaffrey blocked Jones first and Howard second, taking them both out of the play. Then Jones wanted no part of a later touchdown run as he meekly allowed McCaffrey to wall him off inside the 5 yard line, making no attempt to stop the play short. Granted, by that point the defense had quit.

* No NFL team is as bad as the down points make it appear, but our team simply lacks great players or anyone who owns that potential. That's why it continues as the most boring stretch in franchise history.

* Maybe I'll get a cheap ticket for the finale hosting Buffalo on December 31. I haven't been to a game in years since I refuse to pay more than 30 or 35 bucks. This result could drop it down to that territory

Titans game tickets were floating in the sub $20 region that Sunday morning.

I am thinking we would of saw that happen this week but there are likely enough fans willing to make the 3-4 drive from the Tampa area to keep them stable in that $40 area.

The Denver game could end up dirt cheap tho. I already have tickets to the Patriots Monday night game . . . Will feel like an away game.

The problem with Reshad Jones is he can be exposed due to his lack of knowlege in regards to his responsibilities. And the coaches brush it off like "well when you have a great player he is at his best when he freelances" . . . Ok, but when it leaves others out to dry what does it do for the team?

He certainly pops off the screen as much as anybody on this defense, but it is not a coincedence this defense pulled it together when he went down last year. He is a great individual defender but is not a team player and certainly not playbook bright. Hard to get away with a player like that without a great Safety next to him and TJ is just getting his first action.

Truth be told, we were completely outcoached last night and Newton was manipulating everything. Can only imagine the 2 Pats game.

Tannehill completely changes this offense. His ability to throw the deep ball forces teams to play more than 1 deep safety all year long. Cutler can't hit the broad side of a barn. I don't know why he feels the need to throw off his back foot every play but he was missing throws all night long that Ryan would have connected on. This season fell apart right along with Tannehill's ACL.

Eagles opposition needs to pick their poison: get shredded in the passing game or destroyed on the ground?

Defensive coordinators game planning against the Dolphins: They can't throw deep AND have no running attack...

giggity.png

I agree with you. Cutler INT was rough but let's be honest. They did put up 21 points on the number 1 defense that is giving up 17 points a game. They also put up 313 yards of total offense on a defense giving up 274 yards per game. When you consider how god awful the defense was and allowed the Panthers to own the time of possession 24 minutes to 35 minutes. It really wasn't too bad of a performance by the offense.

Then again reading through the game thread all I see is Cutler sucks...get rid of Stinkler....who threw for 2 TD and 1 INT against the best defense in football. While playing behind an O-line that cant block to save its life. Add in that the running game had 2 good runs. 1 for 66 yards and an 11 yard run. Then they promptly gained 23 yards on the other 14 rush attempts. Which is pitifully bad but I blame the O-line. That's squarely where the blame for this offenses struggles belong. Not only do they suck at blocking but they seem to be attempting to set a record with penalties. Most of which seem to negate 1st downs and big plays.

It was garbage time bro!

My opinion. Carolinas offense stinks. Their QB causes us to play cautiously which allows for other plays to become available. Really if you look at it there’s is no number one WR. They drop balls like crazy. Dickson is an Ok TE and their RB’s are the strength. This should have been a closer game. I expected more from Miami. We got pushed around at the LOS and that’s what causes us to lose this game.

Didn’t miss a step without Benjamin. But he was t exactly lighting the world on fire either. He’s a WR built like a TE

Post game thoughts

The camo gear doesn't go well with our aqua and orange, maybe one of the worst combos in the league.

Christian McCaffery really hasn't changed much since his pop warner days, looks to be about the same height. That sharpie celebration was brilliant.

That quasi bald guy on our medical staff, had some really high soled sneakers. I wonder if he does that for a height advantage like Kramer's friend Mickey does?

Dude is heightening. That'll get you black balled. For shame.

Back
Top Bottom