Quinn/Russel ... Manning/Leaf Comparison | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn/Russel ... Manning/Leaf Comparison

Brady Quinn is a great player, I don't bame him for never winning a bowl game, thats the teams fault, not his.

Quinn is the most committed to the cause QB to come into the draft since Peyton.

Well I would love for him to fall to us at 9 then, or us trade up a few spots to make sure we get him. If we can get a class act like peyton to run this offence then I am all for it.

I think Houston will move for Jake Plummer or try and get in the Peterson sweepstakes. As for the Vikings, I would imagine that Jeff Garcia and indeed David Carr are two likely pick-ups. If they took Quinn, they would have admitted to wasting a 2nd round pick on Tavaris Jackson and they're not about to do that as I know they're high on him for the long term.

Where do you see Brady going in the draft then Boomer? because it would be awsome if he fell to us at 9, that or we trade up a few sports to insure we get him. I think he would be a great Qb in Cams system as well.

I don't understand how some can legitimately say he has bust written all over him, then go on and call for the Phins to draft Ginn.
Exactly!

Talk about a guy (Ginn) who is talented for sure, but has question marks all over him!

Like you said, Quinn is a quick study! You can't teach that kind of talent to guys! You either are smart, or you are not! Quinn has all the physical tools, plus the brain to learn quickly AND learn from what will undoubtedly be his early mistakes!!

We'll be lucky to get him.

Quinn has never won a big game in his life... eerily similar to the big knock on Peyton (pre-SB win obviously)

That being said, Vince Young and Matt Leinart are 1000x better pro prospects than Russell/Quinn.

The Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell comparison is a little forced IMO, but Peyton's scouting report sounds exactly like Quinns. I've said all along if i had the choice between the two of them, I'd take Quinn.

Good find.
I would take Quinn too. Russell might sounhd good right now, but Brady is the man.

I don't understand thv Quinn hatred as well. I think he's a heck of a player.
I don't think it's hatred. Certainly not in my case. I too think he's a good prospect but I'm not sold on him as the next great QB.
I just don't think we should be going Qb in this year's draft; not with the QBs we have on our roster or with the amount of holes we need to fill.
If Quinn falls to 9,which I doubt will happen, I would like to see us package a deal for more picks.

Where do you see Brady going in the draft then Boomer? because it would be awsome if he fell to us at 9, that or we trade up a few sports to insure we get him. I think he would be a great Qb in Cams system as well.

I think he could go anywhere in the first 9 picks. You could also get a team like Carolina trading up to get him.

Essentially in Cameron's system he's perfect. He's a leader, a ridiculously hard worker off the field, his whole life is tailored to success, from his diet to his film study. He can go down the field, he has great touch, he's much more mobile than he's given credit for, he can throw on the run and what I really like about him is the amount of passes he hits between the hashes down the field with 2 or 3 defenders around. Perfectly placed balls.

And this stuff about not winning the big game is such nonsense.

Who is quinn compared to

The obvious comparison is Tom Brady. I think he's more naturally talented than Tom and much more athletic. Whether that bares out in the NFL remains to be seen.

I think he could go anywhere in the first 9 picks. You could also get a team like Carolina trading up to get him.

Essentially in Cameron's system he's perfect. He's a leader, a ridiculously hard worker off the field, his whole life is tailored to success, from his diet to his film study. He can go down the field, he has great touch, he's much more mobile than he's given credit for, he can throw on the run and what I really like about him is the amount of passes he hits between the hashes down the field with 2 or 3 defenders around. Perfectly placed balls.

And this stuff about not winning the big game is such nonsense.

Pretty much what I thought. With that horrid ND OL, the fact that he manages to stay decent is a pretty good sign he might gel well here. And here he hopefully won't have to deal with a shoddy defense backing him up.

What do you think his odds are at coming here?

Charlie Weiss has said that within 2-3 years Quinn will be the 3rd best QB in the NFL behing Brady and Manning.

I know he has a connection to Quinn and therefore might be biased, it's hard to discount his assesment. Weiss worked closely with Brady and has coached against all the QB's in the NFL. He knows Quinn better than any scout out there and has more knowledge regarding QB's then any scout out there.

I'd say as good as 50/50. He could go anywhere between pick 1-9 and you can't rule out a team like Carolina moving up.

I think that if he falls past 5 we make sure we get him, either by moving up a few spots or whatever. For some reason I just cant see him lasting to 9. He would be the perfect qb for this team though.

If nostradamus can predict the kennedy assassinations, then these bios most certainly say something about the futures of Russell and Quinn.

Back
Top Bottom