Quinn/Russel ... Manning/Leaf Comparison | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn/Russel ... Manning/Leaf Comparison

Ok
Elway Marino and Manning our all better QB's then Tom Brady! With that said due to the success of Brady and the blind fold of fans that say he had nobody on his teams when he won championships he will be considered one of the best along with the rest if he keeps up his consistant play from now till the end of his career!

I think if we have to trade up to get Quinn, we still should do it. This team is woefully short on playmakers. Sure, we need depth and have holes everywhere such that it would stink to lose picks. But I think that is a lesser evil than going another year w/o picking up a major building block at the quarterback position.

There are conflicting reports on Quinn, and he appears to have a legitimate weakness on his accuracy downfield. But the bottom line is that he should be a solid NFL quarterback. He has prototypical size and I am very comfortable with Cameron's ability to develop quarterbacks, knowing his experience with the likes of Jim Harbaugh, Gus Frerotte, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. I think Quinn can certainly be the next in the line of his quarterback protégés.

Quinn may never be a Manning, Brees, or Brady. But then again maybe he will be (although more along the lines of a Brees or Brady rather than Peyton). But in my view, he should, at a minimum, be a solid NFL quarterback who can succeed on a good team with talent assembled around him, if not the type that can carry a team. He should at the very least be a guy that you can win with if you give him a supporting cast. These types of guys are hard to find. One way or another we will have to build around him with players who make plays.

Lastly, Quinn has the "it" factor and he can carry the burden of the being the face of the franchise.

I think at this point the Dolphins need to be aggressive and try to get him one way or another. This team is in an abysmal state right now, and we need an impact building block at quarterback. We need difference makers.

The bottom line is that we need a long range plan. We will need to draft other impact players in coming years. Drafting Brady Quinn is just the first step. We will still need to go get a big DT, OLB, corner, pass rusher, LT, wide receivers, kick returner, and tight end. This is not going to happen overnight. But if we play our cards correctly, in three years we could have a nucleus of breathtaking talent like the Chargers have accumulated. But it all stems from having a coherent plan of wisely drafting. Quick fixes in free agency are not going to do anything more than supplementing a nucleus built through wise drafting.

Boomer knows football more than most of us here and I agree with his assessment on quinn. As for responding to the post you can just don't do any personal attacks.

Am I still forbidden from responding to this post? Or does that warrant a ban?

I posted last night in response to your ban and said "You'll learn that arguing with Boomer will get you banned on this site," but the mods deleted it and didn't give any reason why. I feel like I'm in Communist Russia with all this censoring.

I posted last night in response to your ban and said "You'll learn that arguing with Boomer will get you banned on this site," but the mods deleted it and didn't give any reason why. I feel like I'm in Communist Russia with all this censoring.

Who gets banned when discussing things with me?

The only bright aspect about pointless debates like these is that it tends to bring out the best in various posters' work, though admittedly the worst in others'.

Sorry I couldn't get here sooner, Boomer...but you seem to have done a bang-up job!

Who gets banned when discussing things with me?
Apparently I do. The mods also took a bunch of my posts down and I am still puzzled as to why. I also noticed that they took some posts down from a guy that was following our argument who agreed with me rather than you.
It's pretty funny, really. I mean they decide what constitutes a personal attack - although it doesn't really adhere to what is posted in the rules - and will take your stuff down for no apparent rhyme or reason. When you try to challenge it(in a very reasonable fashion) they give you another warning.
I appreciate what a lot of guys are doing on this site to keep it up and running, and many of the people who make meaningful contributions, but some of these guys appear to go overboard.
Since when was disagreeing with someone on this site something that merited a ban? One of the better qualities of this site was that one could view a variety of opinions. If you chose to disagree you could either ignore or respond. But you had a choice.
Being banned for calling someone stupid or foolish is a little excessive.
I don't mind that some people have some pretty thin skin but at least they should be consistent in their approach to bans. There's a mod who has a signature that I am sure could be construed as being pretty offensive to many but somehow they are immune to the 'ban'.
I'm a believer in the site self-policing itself. Of course, if someone is clearly violating the rules then they merit a ban but disagreeing with someone, regardless who that person is, and getting a 'timeout' is pretty lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I do. The mods also took a bunch of my posts down and I am still puzzled as to why. I alos noticed that they took some posts down from a guy that was following our argument and actually agreed with me rather than you.
It's pretty funny, really. I mean they decide what constitutes a personal attack-although it doesn't really adhere to what someone has posted in the rules-and will take your stuff down for no apparent rhyme or reason. when you try to challenge it, in a very reasonable fashion, they give you another warning.
I appreciate what a lot of guys are doing on this site to keep it up and running but some of these guys appear to go overboard. Since when was disagreeing with someone on this site something that merited a ban? One of the better qulaities of this site was that one could view a variety of opinions. If you chose to disagree you could either ignore or respond. But you had a choice.
Being banned for calling someone stupid or foolish is a little excessive.
I don't mind that some people must some pretty thin skin but at least they should be consistent in their approach to bans. There's a mod who has a signature that I am sure could be contrued as being pretty offensive to many but somehow they are immune to the 'ban'.
I'm a believe in the site self-policing itself. Of course, if someone is clearly violating the rules then they merit a ban but disagreeing with someone, regardless who that person is, is pretty lame.

Well you shouldn't have. I don't recall anything you said being a personal attack. So we disagreed, it happens.

Well you shouldn't have. I don't recall anything you said being a personal attack. So we disagreed, it happens.
Cheers.
Back to the Quinn point, I suppose we agree to disagree. We obviously both believe strongly in our respective postions. To be clear though, I'm not suggesting that I can say with certainty that Quinn will be a total bust. I just don't think he will be the next Tom Brady. My point is really that Tom Brady is the best player I have ever seen (and again, we choose to disagree) since Lawrence Taylor. And unlike Talyor, whose skills and talent were so obvious on every down he played, Tom Brady's skills and talent are best appreciated on reflection, or on second viewing of a game. His greatest talents do not jump out at you. His poise, decision making, game management, and ability to conjer up some majic at the most appropriate time are uncanny. He has , what I assume people mean when they say the "it" factor. I just don't see it in Quinn.

Cheers.
Back to the Quinn point, I suppose we agree to disagree. We obviously both believe strongly in our respective postions. To be clear though, I'm not suggesting that I can say with certainty that Quinn will be a total bust. I just don't think he will be the next Tom Brady. My point is really that Tom Brady is the best player I have ever seen (and again, we choose to disagree) since Lawrence Taylor. And unlike Talyor, whose skills and talent were so obvious on every down he played, Tom Brady's skills and talent are best appreciated on reflection, or on second viewing of a game. His greatest talents do not jump out at you. His poise, decision making, game management, and ability to conjer up some majic at the most appropriate time are uncanny. He has , what I assume people mean when they say the "it" factor. I just don't see it in Quinn.

No worries. What I was saying was that I don't know if he'll become as good as Tom Brady. Unlikely, because frankly Tom is staggeringly good. I mean that. I love watching him. He's a clinician. But I think that Brady Quinn possesses the same skill set. In fact I think on an intangibles basis, in terms of arm strength, intelligence, moxie, etc. then they're very similar. I think Quinn is better at moving the pocket because he is more athletic and I think he does a better job of throwing on the move. Lest we forget that Tom's mentor is now Brady's mentor and that by the very nature of that last statement, they are bound to be similar. Hell, Quinn spent the summer with 4 years worth of Tom's passes on tape, studying how Tom ran the same plays as Notre Dame do out of the same sets.

I would disagree that Brady is the best player since LT. I'd certainly put Anthony Munoz, Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice as superior players. In fact, I don't even think Tom is the best player at his position in the NFL today. That honour, IMO, belongs to another clinician, Peyton Manning. But whichever point of view, Tom Brady is a hell of a player. And I think Brady Quinn'll be just fine.

Cheers.

Brady has definitely got it, I wonder if he will keep it. Model Bridget Moynahan is expecting Brady's child. If Brady marries Moynahan, he'll be an in-law of the one and only Rosie O'Donnell. That should cost the Pats 2 games a year, 3 if they play on Thanksgiving or Christmas. How Moynahan and O'Donnell can carry the same genes is beyond me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6483564?MSNHPHMA

Trivia
  • Has a tattoo on her inner-left ankle of a green moon and stars.
  • Said she once attacked an opposing team-member during a lacrosse game in high school with her lacrosse stick.
  • Worked at Abdow's Big Boy, a buffet-style restaurant, while attending high school to earn spending money.
  • She has stated she watches television "non-stop."
  • She last dated Tom Brady from 2004-late 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Moynahan

Brady has definitely got it, I wonder if he will keep it. Model Bridget Moynahan is expecting Brady's baby. If Brady marries Moynahan, he'll be an in-law of the one and only Rosie O'Donnell. That should cost the Pats 2 games a year, 3 if they play on Thanksgiving or Christmas. How Moynahan and O'Donnell can carry the same genes is beyond me.

[url]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:JRfIwXz0JIO2oM:sorenz.dk/Bridget%2520Moynahan%2520pic1.jpg[/URL] [url]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:a1TNnTSUKNq5hM:cache.boston.com/images/sports/patriots/2004/06_15_05_brady800600.jpg[/URL] [url]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:-Ym-u-jRkyI_wM:espn-att.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/brady_bridget.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:j3eIew9Cq4CgzM:www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Music/9806/08/tonys.cnn/link.rosie.odonnell.jpg[/URL] [url]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ezfwrtz6rLiQ2M:as.wn.com/i/4d/6a8bfbf5fec281.jpg[/URL]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6483564?MSNHPHMA

Trivia
  • Has a tattoo on her inner-left ankle of a green moon and stars.
  • Said she once attacked an opposing team-member during a lacrosse game in high school with her lacrosse stick.
  • Worked at Abdow's Big Boy, a buffet-style restaurant, while attending high school to earn spending money.
  • She has stated she watches television "non-stop."
  • She last dated Tom Brady from 2004-late 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Moynahan

A little too much info on Tom Brady. If being married to a celebrity or having any relationship with a celeb/pro player means they have "it", might as well say Brady Quinn's brother in law is AJ Hawk. Too bad we can't have both to complement the Zach Thomas/Jason Taylor in-law duos.

A little too much info on Tom Brady. If being married to a celebrity or having any relationship with a celeb/pro player means they have "it", might as well say Brady Quinn's brother in law is AJ Hawk. Too bad we can't have both to complement the Zach Thomas/Jason Taylor in-law duos.

First of all, you misread it. Second of all, it was a tongue in cheek comment. *edit*.

[mod]The last sentence wasn't necessary. Keep it civil.[/mod]

Back
Top Bottom