Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread

Again, you're a prime example of a brainwashed Dolphin fan that never even bothered to look at the facts, decipher the facts, or piece any of it together. If some south Florida hack sportswriter said it, it's all you know.

Saban was the worst coach in Dolphins history, he did Miami a favor. Hell you should just be glad he's gone, doesn't matter how.

Have to agree. He couldnt coach men. He could only coach kids that he could manipulate and threaten.

He had a press conference like he always did. Just like every head coach in the league is required to do. The media wouldn't ask him any questions about the Miami Dolphins, the team he was coaching. Not a single question regarding the Dolphins.

All they kept asking him was if he had talked to Alabama about being their head coach. He told them repeatedly that he hadn't talked to Alabama about being the head coach, which he hadn't.

They kept asking and kept asking, which finally resulted in him blowing his top and saying "You want me to say I'm not going to be the Alabama coach? I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. There, I said it. Now do you want to talk about the Miami Dolphins or not"? The essentially what he said...

He never said he wasn't looking. He said he hadn't talked to Alabama about being the head coach. Why would he?

Alabama already had a head coach (Mike Shula) and offered the job to Rich Rodriguez because they thought Saban wasn't coming. How the hell did Saban know he was going to be the Alabama coach when he didn't even know that Wayne Huizenga was going to let him out of his contract? It doesn't add up...

I know for a fact that Saban hadn't accepted the Alabama job even up to the point when Dr. Witt's plane left Tuscaloosa headed for south Florida with Mal Moore on it to OFFER Saban the job.

Nick Saban WANTED to be Alabama's coach, but he didn't know he was going to be until Mal Moore landed in Miami and offered him the job.

In fact, Dr. Witt's exact words to Mal Moore before he took off were, "If you don't come back with Nick Saban on that plane, you might as well tell that pilot to just keep flying until you get to Cuba"....

Mike Shula had already been fired as head coach of Alabama, that is what started the Nick Saban rumors. He met with Alabama almost immediately after the Dolphins season ended. Of course Wayne let him out of his contract he was a back stabber, and I am glad he left he was a horrible evaluator of talent.

Mike Shula had already been fired as head coach of Alabama, that is what started the Nick Saban rumors. He met with Alabama almost immediately after the Dolphins season ended. Of course Wayne let him out of his contract he was a back stabber, and I am glad he left he was a horrible evaluator of talent.

No, you're wrong. You're not listening.

Alabama offered the job to Rich Rodriguez. WV promplty gave Rich Rod a raise and a contract extension to keep him from leaving and taking the Alabama job. The Nick Saban rumors started before Mike Shula was fired.

If you're going to have this discussion, you've got to have your facts straight or there's no point.

Have to agree. He couldnt coach men. He could only coach kids that he could manipulate and threaten.

Couldn't coach men? He was coaching men in the NFL a long time ago.... and coaching them to the #1 defensive unit in the league.

He coaches circles around Tony Sparano.... doesn't matter if it's men or college kids.

These overpaid prima donnas in the NFL aren't intimidating... A "MAN" takes his coaching regardless.

The NFL is full of soft, whiny, crybabies that play for nothing but a paycheck. They're easy to spot...

"...The high ranking source told Schad that Alabama made an offer to West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez despite knowing that Saban would be very willing to listen after the season.
In fact, Alabama had knowledge that Saban was very interested as early as the middle of this NFL season, the source said..."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2718488

what integrity

says the guy defending Nick Saban with the Alabama sig

Well, I know what the facts are, and I didn't get 'em from a Dolphins beat writer or a hack south Florida journalists.

But don't worry, as long you keep chirping the same tune here as the rest of the butthurts nobody will notice.

"...The high ranking source told Schad that Alabama made an offer to West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez despite knowing that Saban would be very willing to listen after the season.
In fact, Alabama had knowledge that Saban was very interested as early as the middle of this NFL season, the source said..."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2718488

what integrity

Did you skip over the part where I clearly said that Saban was interested in being Alabama's coach, but hadn't talked to them about the job?

Coaches are constantly sending out feelers for jobs they're interested in through their agent. You don't think Harbaugh was sending out feelers for the NFL halfway through Stanford's season last year?

Hell, Bill Parcells and Saban have the same agent. (Jimmy Sexton)

Bobby Petrino quit. He left the Falcons high and dry with games still left on the schedule. Just walked out and took the Arkansas job. Saban didn't go about it that way.

However, even Saban has said many times that he wishes he would've handled it a little differently. We've all done it.

Bill Parcells spurned Arthur Blank and left him high and dry to take the Miami job... damn shame Blank had to miss out on that, eh?

Fact: had Saban known talant he wouldn't have left the cupboard barren for Cameron as he let AARON RODGERS by - need I add that Cam has his integrity as is wecome in the NFL?

if you're looking for self-serving coaches that talk out of both sides of their mouth, it won't be too tough- that's a long list.
just don't try to tell me Nick Saban is any different

Fact: had Saban known talant he wouldn't have left the cupboard barren for Cameron as he let AARON RODGERS by - need I add that Cam has his integrity as is wecome in the NFL?

Hard to say a guy who sat for 3 years behind a Hall of Famer would've had any success had he been thrown into the fire. Is that pretty much the argument that's made against Matt Ryan around here? There's no way he could function in the NFL without Jake Long protecting his blind side?

Rodgers fell for a reason... because Jeff Tedford had put out a long line of NFL quarterbacks, some more "talented" than Aaron Rodgers... that were nothing bust busts.

Saban wanted Brees but the bumble**** Miami Dolphins medical staff and Wayne Huizenga killed the deal and wouldn't sign off on it.

If I'm going to hold Saban responsible for something legitimate here, it's not trading up for Jay Cutler in the draft after the Brees deal fell through in free agency.

The cupboard wasn't bare for Cameron.... he brought in his own quarterbacks, receivers, Joey Porter, etc.. and they all either got hurt or sucked. The only players worth a damn the one season Cameron was coach were the players Saban left him.

if you're looking for self-serving coaches that talk out of both sides of their mouth, it won't be too tough- that's a long list.
just don't try to tell me Nick Saban is any different

I think he's a good man and a great coach who got out of a bad situation that he nor his family was happy with.

The Miami Dolphins are just a sh*t organization that can't do anything right since the Robbie's sold the team. Saban will be just fine.

You better bring an umbrella, 'cause Dr. Slimm's raining knowledge.

The Miami Dolphins are just a sh*t organization that can't do anything right since the Robbie's sold the team.

Of all the terrible transactions, this will forever be the worst in the history of the Dolphins. Damn how I wish Tim Robbie bought this team back.

Back
Top Bottom