Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread

Knowledge??

I can rifle a fball at my 11 year old son from 15 yards and if it hits him in both hands anywhere waist high he knows it is a catchable ball - he kniows this no one has to tell him

If Saban is so knowledgable then why is A Rodgers not a Phin? QB situation solved

And fact tell me WVdolpans Avatar is Saban if Bama doesn't win one NC?? Puhlease......

Saban soils the Great Bear Bryant

I mean do you teach your kids to quit and not honour their word?

Is this the motto on your football teams - turn your backs on your teammates?

Shame

Knowledge??

I can rifle a fball at my 11 year old son from 15 yards and if it hits him in both hands anywhere waist high he knows it is a catchable ball - he kniows this no one has to tell him

If Saban is so knowledgable then why is A Rodgers not a Phin? QB situation solved

And fact tell me WVdolpans Avatar is Saban if Bama doesn't win one NC?? Puhlease......

Shame

I have nothing to do with Dr. Sanity's avatar. Does it bother you that bad? That may in fact be a YOU issue... I'll have to run some further tests.

Don't try to tell me a damn thing about Bear Bryant... you don't know sh*t about him either.

I never said Fasano shouldn't have caught the pass.

You're reaching for another strawman... it's all you're capable of.

My son broke his neck in practice playing wide receiver his sophomore year, and was back playing with his teammates in time for the last game of the season. Finished out his career as the quarterback for 2 consecutive seasons, and led them to the state playoffs both seasons. Never got a single penny for it rev...

Judging from your posts, I never seen anything that would lead me to believe you know anything about being a man of honor, or what it's like to play for the guy beside you. But I can promise you one thing rev... you picked the wrong one to call out for zero credibility.

You're not even worth it. Enjoy Chad Henne while you can....

I'm not saying that it doesn't piss me off that he bailed on us, but someone with inside knowledge of the organization who saw the **** storm that was coming this team's way wanting to get out of it is totally understandable. As far as Ronnie, Ricky backed us into a corner a little bit by abruptly retireing. Not to mention that the GM usually makes that pick anyway. Saban may have had an input on it. Who knows? I'm not saying that they were the right decisions, but they are totally understandable ones.

Knowledge??

parcells quit multiple times, Don shula although forced quit,larry czonka quit twice on us even though management was cheap as hell, the whole team quit versus NE last year

I could be incorrect, but didn't Nick Saban have a press conference saying he wasn't looking to coach in college and that he was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Then two weeks later he accepted Alabama's job. What would you call that?

I tell you what I call it. I call it a man with GUTS and integrity.

First, it took GUTS because he knew he was going to get BLASTED by idiots and called a bold faced lier for making that statement. But, he didnt let that stop him from being a man about the situation and doing the right thing.

This is where the integrity comes in. The guy was doing his absolute best to be the HC of the Miami Dolphins while he was still the HC of the Miami Dolphins. He knew that he owed it to those players to do the absolute best job he could while he was still there. So in order to take the attention off him and have the media give it a rest about being the Bama coach, he told them that lie just so he could get back to the job he currently held and give his team the best chance of success. He wasnt going to let those players down that he currently coached and if he took all the heat when he did leave for Alabama, so be it. Thats a ****ing man right there. He simply did not give a **** what it meant towards how he would be perceived when he did leave. All he wanted to do was HONOR his committment to the Miami Dolphins for the remander of the season. His lie to the media got everyone off his back about it for those last few weeks of the season which allowed him to focus on his job and allowed the players the opportunity to focus on theirs and not have to answer a bunch of questions about a job their current HC wasnt going to start until the current NFL season was over.

Saban has more balls and integrity than most of you have on your chin. Which for some of you, is quite a lot of balls. :lol: Damn thats a funny line that just came to me as I was typing right now. :lol:

I tell you what I call it. I call it a man with GUTS and integrity.

First, it took GUTS because he knew he was going to get BLASTED by idiots and called a bold faced lier for making that statement. But, he didnt let that stop him from being a man about the situation and doing the right thing.

This is where the integrity comes in. The guy was doing his absolute best to be the HC of the Miami Dolphins while he was still the HC of the Miami Dolphins. He knew that he owed it to those players to do the absolute best job he could while he was still there. So in order to take the attention off him and have the media give it a rest about being the Bama coach, he told them that lie just so he could get back to the job he currently held and give his team the best chance of success. He wasnt going to let those players down that he currently coached and if he took all the heat when he did leave for Alabama, so be it. Thats a ****ing man right there. He simply did not give a **** what it meant towards how he would be perceived when he did leave. All he wanted to do was HONOR his committment to the Miami Dolphins for the remander of the season. His lie to the media got everyone off his back about it for those last few weeks of the season which allowed him to focus on his job and allowed the players the opportunity to focus on theirs and not have to answer a bunch of questions about a job their current HC wasnt going to start until the current NFL season was over.

Saban has more balls and integrity than most of you have on your chin. Which for some of you, is quite a lot of balls. :lol: Damn thats a funny line that just came to me as I was typing right now. :lol:

really?

Mark Sanchez is tied for the most road PLAYOFF WINS as a starting QB in NFL history with a total of 4. He just finished his 2nd season

Yeah, cause Sanchez won those road games all by himself, right? This kind of thinking astounds me. Sanchez has been an average QB at best (and that's being kind) and the Jets have been winning games in spite of him.

Furthermore, Roger Federer wins games and championships. Rafa Nadal wins games and championships. Tiger Woods (old Tiger) wins championships. In the NFL, TEAMS win games and championships ... not the QB. The QB doesn't have anything to do with the special teams or defense. The QB doesn't have anything to do with the running game once he's handed the ball off.

See the point? The greatest QB to ever play the game wouldn't ever be a part of a winning team if surrounded by a sub-par defense, special teams and running game. Joe Montana was part of a 4-SB winning team. Do you know how many Hall-of-famers he played with during that span? Quite a few. Think that had something to do with it? Same logic applies to any successful QB.

As for Sanchez, his team has been successful because they've had one of the best defenses in the league the past couple seasons and also an above average rushing attack. I believe they even led the league in rushing 2 seasons ago. Sanchez has been no better than Trent Dilfer when he was part of the Ravens SB run.

End point? Don't give Sanchez credit for something the team accomplished .. especially when everyone knows that Sanchez isn't even close to being one of the primary reasons the team accomplished it.

clear.gif

:lol: I love me some "this thread" :lol:

Reactions: MD
Knowledge??

Shame

Preach!

Couldn't coach men? He was coaching men in the NFL a long time ago.... and coaching them to the #1 defensive unit in the league.

He coaches circles around Tony Sparano.... doesn't matter if it's men or college kids.

These overpaid prima donnas in the NFL aren't intimidating... A "MAN" takes his coaching regardless.

The NFL is full of soft, whiny, crybabies that play for nothing but a paycheck. They're easy to spot...

Really?

So having a team desparately needing a QB and he passes on A.Rodgers for a part time runningback is running circles around TS who at least took an ALL PRO LT not an average running back. Then selects M.Roth, C.Crowder, T.Daniels, A.Alabi, K.Vickerson, as well as wasting 5th round pick in the supplemental draft Manny Wright. On the bright side he did get J.Denny as an UDFA, lol.

Then he follows that up with that stud J.Allen, traded our 2nd to Minnesota for D.Culpepper, D.Hagen, J.Toledo, F.Evans, R.Wright and D.Aromashodu.

Then add the record of 9-7 and 6-10.

Can't see the Coaching circles around TS, the complaints most have about TS could be put equally on N.Saban while he was here. There was even less information allowed out of the team then even now to boot. His free agent pick ups and drafts our of the worst all time for any NFL coach.

He is a great college coach but like Petrino, Spurrier, Holtz and Davis he can't hack it as a NFL HC.

Nick Saban took over a team with some talent but needing direction and an infusion of more talent and he left the team with next to no talent and two years of draft picks that had almost no impact what so ever. Cam was the unfortunate sole left to pick up the pieces and paid the price, while Nick was enjoying all his college glory after realizing he had no ability to HC at the NFL level!

Back
Top Bottom