Realists Vs. Homers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realists Vs. Homers

Dude you can be mad at another team/our team/the president, i'm not here to tell you how to think. I'm just here to remind people that they sound really dumb whenever they jump on somone's jock and get mad when somone calls them on it.

and yeah, its cool man i understand that alot of people are offended by my sig pic.

But if drugs in a professional enviornment are an issue.....you do realize whos in your avatar right?
I am a Homer for the Doors, one of the if not the greatest american bands of all time. Jim got his kicks for sure, and so are a bunch of us Dolphin fans while we are on this ride of winning.

Your right. Because in my world, an object that falls during free fall accellerates at 9.8 meters/second. The world is round, and it revolves around the sun. 1 + 1 always = 2, and your attempt to validate anyone that can run their mouth has failed. Thanks!
In my world, it would be "You're right".

1+1 does not always equal 2 when it comes to reproduction.

Your reality is flawed and your points are antagonistic and moot. Go have a beer and stop caring about what makes other people enjoy football.

I am a Homer for the Doors, one of the if not the greatest american bands of all time. Jim got his kicks for sure, and so are a bunch of us Dolphin fans while we are on this ride of winning.

So if your cool with the lead singer of your favorite band being an all-out avid drug user why does it bother you that Ricky tokes? Just wondering.

Your right. Because in my world, an object that falls during free fall accellerates at 9.8 meters/second. The world is round, and it revolves around the sun. 1 + 1 always = 2, and your attempt to validate anyone that can run their mouth has failed. Thanks!

see here is the thing, and after reading your post i find it quite ironic.

When you equate a football player to the number one and an opinion to another number one and then try to add them together and somehow come up with a number 2.

You start wondering who is validating whom. :lol:

This was a post i made in response another person's post, but it sparked somthing in my mind that i wanna drag into the limelight. If your a bleeding heart dolphins fan, thats nice. If your a bleeding heart dolphins fan that makes sense, thats even better.

But if your one of those guys that act like they know the game, when they really dont, this post is for you.

I mean, I enjoy talking more to level headed fans of other teams than i do talking to a Miami homer, or any homer for that matter.

See, i'm a FOOTBALL fan before i'm a Miami Dolphins fan. It's how its always been, i learned the game of football and fell in love with it before i even knew what the hell team logos were.

Some people watch football games, any football games, and cheer for players because they love the game. They dont need "favorite teams" or "Favorite Players", or anything "favorite." All we need is the game of football. Those people that prefer the game be played at the professional level are called NFL fans.

Some people just follow a franchise and have absolutely no clue whats going on in the rest of the league or even on the field for that matter.
They are not respected as NFL fans, they are written off as homers because every thing they say is based on an undying allegience to a company logo. I got a feeling this is where you belong.

Those people are really lame to talk to and the reason is because most of the things they say, if not all of them, are comming from a super biased perspective that they feel makes them a "true" fan. You know, saying things like "Cassal Sucks!" or "Brady Quinn Sucks" or my personal favorite - "I know we're winning but Chad Henne needs to start." Trust me, it doesnt make you more of a fan it makes you more of an idiot.

I'm what you call a realist. I like to keep in touch with reality, and see whether my understanding of the game gets better with age and experience. That doesnt make me less of a dolphins fan, it just gets me respect from those that recognize i'm not totally blind.

I mean its one thing to be a homer, but its another thing to take it a step further and try to denounce somone who actually has insight. I watch as much as i have time for and give credit where credit is due. It's true that i havent been this way all of my life, in my younger years i wanted to rip the head off of anything and anybody that kept my team from going undefeated. Then i realized what a moron i was and i grew up.

I just want to see what everyone's thoughts were concerning this matter.

My thoughts are that this post comes across as if you believe that you are better than everyone else.

:knee:

Interesting theory. In my world the acceleration constant for gravity is 9.8m/sec^2, the earth is not always round, it doesn't revolve around the sun but ORBITS, and 1+1 does not always equal 2, in binary 11 is 1,0,1,1, and 2 is 1,0.

Now the point I'm making is I can take your post and split hairs and criticize every word or number you've typed, and use them against you claiming that you're not a realist and I am because I have found errors and was more thorough in my examination. All this does is waste time, and make me seem condescending. It's not really worth it, and it's actually quite annoying. So I'm just going to say that if you don't like people with "homer" attitudes, then you can just not read the posts or comment on them. This is a discussion forum for everyone, including you, where the environment is supposed to be friendly and somewhat agreeable. Sure some people go overboard, this post is a shining example of that, but that's their right, and yours, to do so. But don't expect to not catch some flak when you pretty much tell 50% of this forum that you are a better more thorough fan than they are just because they don't meet your definition of a football fan.

But then again I'm a homer, not a realist, what do I know.

Homer is a term that is affiliated with people that dont care what reality is, they will talk their guys up no matter what and talk down the rest of the world no matter what. It's why i have a hard time taking them seriously when they have somthing to say.

Realist is somone that strives to get away from bias. Thats simply what i'm trying to say. Between the time that i created this post and went to get some food and come back, Homers were foaming at the mouth and baby i'm loving it.

McDonalds? :)

My thoughts are that this post comes across as if you believe that you are better than everyone else.

Not EVERYBODY, just everybody that's ignorant to what goes on out ther on the field.

Heres an example, i'm at the bar watching the denver/miami game with some random homer dude and he would refuse to acknowledge when somone on another team makes a badass play. Dont get me wrong i'm not "Cheering" for Peyton Hillis or whoever that white fullback was that literally jumped over one of our defenders, stayed in bounds, and ran for like another 8 yards on a 3rd down play to give his team a chance. I'm sorry if you cant give somone props on that, then you dont know how to appreciate the game all you care about is one logo beating another.

Or even Seneca Wallace's performance against us. Anyone who knows anything about Seneca would have rightfully predicted anywhere from 1-3 INT's in that game, yes even with our secondary thats how erratic his history has shown him to be. Some how some way he showed up that day and was stellar (considering who he really is). He made some super tough throws that left me speechless because our secondary did a very good job of covering those receivers, its just that he was on his A game. So i'm not cheering for seattle and i'm not cheering for Denver or New England but if somone plays exceptionally well, i would be an idiot to come here the next day and say he sucks. It's somthing i see all too often, and the beauty of this thread is to shed light on how stupid people sound when they get jealous.

We didn't spend 2 number 1's on Jim!

Good point but thats not Ricky's problem, thats between (who was GM at the time? Mueller?) the FO's of the respective teams. We knew exactly what we were getting when we aquired Ricky - a headcase that loves to smoke. We rolled the dice and we lost.

It's like blaming Sara Palin for not being a capable VP pick. They picked her, not vice versa, and it arguably cost them the election. So we gotta blame somone that had question marks from the get-go? I think not.

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.

Not EVERYBODY, just everybody that's ignorant to what goes on out ther on the field.

Heres an example, i'm at the bar watching the denver/miami game with some random homer dude and he would refuse to acknowledge when somone on another team makes a badass play. Dont get me wrong i'm not "Cheering" for Peyton Hillis or whoever that white fullback was that literally jumped over one of our defenders, stayed in bounds, and ran for like another 8 yards on a 3rd down play to give his team a chance. I'm sorry if you cant give somone props on that, then you dont know how to appreciate the game all you care about is one logo beating another.

Or even Seneca Wallace's performance against us. Anyone who knows anything about Seneca would have rightfully predicted anywhere from 1-3 INT's in that game, yes even with our secondary thats how erratic his history has shown him to be. Some how some way he showed up that day and was stellar (considering who he really is). He made some super tough throws that left me speechless because our secondary did a very good job of covering those receivers, its just that he was on his A game. So i'm not cheering for seattle and i'm not cheering for Denver or New England but if somone plays exceptionally well, i would be an idiot to come here the next day and say he sucks. It's somthing i see all too often, and the beauty of this thread is to shed light on how stupid people sound when they get jealous.

or how arrogant people sound when they talk about how much better they are than others

Back
Top Bottom