Realists Vs. Homers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realists Vs. Homers

In my experience people like you don't know half as much as they pretend to. I have no doubt that you have some knowledge of the game, but a truly wise man will realize that there is always more to learn.

You know there are some fans that can quote chapter and verse about evey stat from every player and play for the Miami Dolphins. I just want to say, I hate that fan!!!!!!! Just root for your damn team anyway you want too. There are no guidelines by which you can or cannot be a fan. Its just like some posts in this room may seem really stupid to me but not to others. The beauty is that I dont have to read or respond to a post that I think is stupid. However if you put your thoughts into print in a room like this you have to have thick skin cuz just like you have the right to say what ever you want about your team so everyone else has the right to Blast you! HooRah!

You know there are some fans that can quote chapter and verse about evey stat from every player and play for the Miami Dolphins. I just want to say, I hate that fan!!!!!!! Just root for your damn team anyway you want too. There are no guidelines by which you can or cannot be a fan. Its just like some posts in this room may seem really stupid to me but not to others. The beauty is that I dont have to read or respond to a post that I think is stupid. However if you put your thoughts into print in a room like this you have to have thick skin cuz just like you have the right to say what ever you want about your team so everyone else has the right to Blast you! HooRah!

I don't hate them but I'm jealous that they have so much freaking time on their hands...!

For me it works like this. I am in a football pool. I am 3 games out of first. There are 15 people in the pool and it pays 50$ per person to the winner. i have to be honest about where the Dolphins are. I picked them to win this week. In my opinion this game is a toss up. Either team can win, but the Dolphins are at home so I go with the home field advantage.

I think the Dolphins have a shot at the playoffs but we all know they are not going to the super bowl. We are a couple years away. This is much better than I originally expected and I am happy to see we are headed in the right direction. Finnaly

Bottom line is anybody who looks down on people who don't know (or they percive they don't know) as much about a game is just silly. I love American muscle cars, but don't know as much as some people about them. I still love driving them just as much as the guy who knows everything about them. For a dude to call somebody an idiot because the way they see the game of football just cracks me up. I actually think it is sad that something so trivial could stir someone so deeply.

dreamwalker i really didnt mean it the way i posted that for that wasnt what i meant , i was just making light of how fans can molehills out of mountains or vise versa . I am sorry for it to come off like it did.

In my experience people like you don't know half as much as they pretend to. I have no doubt that you have some knowledge of the game, but a truly wise man will realize that there is always more to learn.

Right, i agree. I think somwhere in my OP i said that i prefer to learn more and develop my football mind with age and experience and critical analysis rather than ultimate devotion. You dont learn anything from devotion. I think blind devotion takes away from the aesthetic of watching football. It doesnt mean that the devotion isnt there inside of me, but for some of us the question of "why" does that matter comes to mind. I can say I truly believe this team is headed in the right direction. In fact, so much that i could see us as being a contender next year. But thats a seperate issue. What i'm trying to say is that football, IMO, is a "thinking mans game". At least at the college to pro level. So, its important in my belief to observe it with attention to detail.

And also, i live in Oklahoma. People here hardly like pro football, they are high on OU, and most of them happen to be NFC fans of some sort. So for me personally, i come to this site to discuss football because dolphin fans are few and far in between. News is hard to come by.

But mainly, i created this thread not with a TOTAL intention to step on anyone's toes,

but with the understanding that:

bias is LAME.
and if you give credit where credit is due, that gets you resepct from more "serious" posters.

I hate this whole notion that hey, i'm gonna talk football with you by saying things that arent even true/accurate/possible/close-to-being-possible paired with a beligerant nature of deeming those who disagree as "lesser fans".

In fact that has bugged me so much maybe i felt like giving them a giant middle finger with my rant. I just felt like I had to say this because there is gonna be a major influx of stupid people that start comming around after we win a game that i strongly believe we'll win, and then we're going to be bombarded with "Start Henne" and "Sign Larry Fitzgerald" or "Ricky is not the same as in 2004".

If we did this forums would be extremely boring. :)
Of course. I enjoy discourse...The more spirited the better. The point being; When one holds themselves as a fan above others, they tend to show themselves for the ......... *poster* that they are. :d-day:

I hate this whole notion that hey, i'm gonna talk football with you by saying things that arent even true/accurate/possible/close-to-being-possible paired with a beligerant nature of deeming those who disagree as "lesser fans".

You mean like one person saying Ronnie doesn't have "vision" and then everyone's argument if he had a bad game was "Ronnie has bad vision".

It annoys me when one person says something then others piggyback on and end up using terms like "vision" in the incorrect context.

Bottom line is anybody who looks down on people who don't know (or they percive they don't know) as much about a game is just silly. I love American muscle cars, but don't know as much as some people about them. I still love driving them just as much as the guy who knows everything about them. For a dude to call somebody an idiot because the way they see the game of football just cracks me up. I actually think it is sad that something so trivial could stir someone so deeply.

My friend, its far beyond a "game" at this point, it is an enterprise.

And secondly, if an individual wants to accuse me or anyone else for that matter of being less of a fan for bringing attention to things that are relevent, for instance, the importance of not understimating our up comming rivals, then how is it wrong for me to create a post that supports reasoning for my dislike of these individuals?

Back
Top Bottom