report: Dolphins plan to retain Wilkins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

report: Dolphins plan to retain Wilkins

Did you see me say that somewhere?

Do you believe that a person is either always truthful or never truthful?
You are suggesting that he should or is just putting false info out for the sake of no one knowing his plans…

Did you see me say that somewhere?

Do you believe that a person is either always truthful or never truthful?
Just makes no sense to say anything at all then.

Why do you seem triggered by me questioning Griers word?

For reference sake... Sieler had 10 sacks this season and while his hit list looks alot like Christian's, he did get some sacks against NFL QBs like Lamar, Herbert Prescott and Allen also... Not THAT significant but what's significant is that you can get 2 Sielers for the price of signing Wilkins... DT isn't the position you want to sink 30M+ per unless you've got absolute monsters, which Wilkins isn't.

Dealing in absolutes like only sacks matter for a DT is confusing. Here are his "other" numbers that apparently detractors are missing.

uiBYSAH.jpeg

Attachments

• cw.jpg
    cw.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
Just makes no sense to say anything at all then.

Why do you seem triggered by me questioning Griers word?
"Triggered"?

Really?

Replying to a post is being triggered now?

As for questioning his word, if you want your GM to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to the media then I don't know how to help you.

"Triggered"? Unf'ingbelievable.

Dealing in absolutes like only sacks matter for a DT is confusing. Here are his "other" numbers that apparently detractors are missing.

uiBYSAH.jpeg
Not only sack matters at all for defensive tackles... Fins just got a good deal from Sieler, I don't see how you drop double his salary on Wilkins a year later... The ROI on Sieler is amazing, I just don't see how the ROI on Wilkins has any chance to be a positive one... Just doesn't make sense...

1708726684277.png

Not only sack matters at all for defensive tackles... Fins just got a good deal from Sieler, I don't see how you drop double his salary on Wilkins a year later... The ROI on Sieler is amazing, I just don't see how the ROI on Wilkins has any chance to be a positive one... Just doesn't make sense...

View attachment 161397
My comment wasn't really in relation to yours as I think you were just mentioning sacks because those prior had mentioned them. But yeah, as far as Seiler goes, we scored there. I'm not all about paying top dollar for Wilkins, but I've stated before, there are really worse places you can spend money than a homegrown leader of the team, so I give it a little slack.

You have love Wilkins’ availability. When did he last miss a game due to injury? I believe it was two games in his entire career, both in 2020.

I'd rather draft or sign someone to replace him, he was easily the worst starter on the line.
Actually he was one of our best linemen when healthy. Our running game fell off of a cliff when he got injured. But I hear ya, better to have someone who is dependable durability wise.

For reference sake... Sieler had 10 sacks this season and while his hit list looks alot like Christian's, he did get some sacks against NFL QBs like Lamar, Herbert Prescott and Allen also... Not THAT significant but what's significant is that you can get 2 Sielers for the price of signing Wilkins... DT isn't the position you want to sink 30M+ per unless you've got absolute monsters, which Wilkins isn't.

My exact thinking!

Because it's not like these numbers are confidential....if I'm Sieler I'm real pissed if wilkins gets a gigantic deal and dwarfs mine because then I'm going the X route ....and since grier already set the precedent he will do it...I want to renegotiate my deal....

At that point Now what do we do? We want 2 gigantic DT deals?

Actually he was one of our best linemen when healthy. Our running game fell off of a cliff when he got injured. But I hear ya, better to have someone who is dependable durability wise.
We are talking about Wynn here, not Williams. 😛

Actually, this is what the article says....

"They hope to sign him to a long-term extension, but barring that, they'll use the franchise tag"

I take that to mean they are trying to work on a contract. The franchise tag is their fallback position
Thanks for showing me some of our posters can read. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom