Rumor: Dolphins and Cowboys talking trade for 12th pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Dolphins and Cowboys talking trade for 12th pick

i wouldn't even consider it unless we get their 27 a 1 next year in another high caliber talent draft a player this year and not some bs like patrick crayton and a mid level pick this year...

and if eric berry was on the table at pick #12 i'd tell them straight up to pound sand...

as for people i would target in a trade down to #27 my eyes would be on jerry hughes first and foremost...if brandon graham is in consideration at pick #12 as a wolb fit for us there is ABSOLUTELY no reason that jerry hughes shouldn't be on our board as well...and hughes is poetry in motion in lb drills and as fluid in his cod and lateral movements plus awareness as any player in this draft...plus a premier pass rusher...no one trick pony...

the 2nd guy for me i think would be arrelius benn...i just love this kid and i think his value is headed north...

names like nate allen i wouldn't even have in consideration at #27...i call that reaching to fill a need that high...

I would take their first plus Barber if we trade Ronnie away for a second if not then Bennet/Crayton/Williams/Carpenter plus their second rounder this year or their first next plus their 5th.

That would mean:

for

#59/Next years first
One out of Barber/Bennet/Crayton/Williams/Carpenter
Dallas 6th.

Or if they've lost faith in securing Austin then I would take:

for

Miles Austin.

Either would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not Madden, guys. This is the NFL.

what does that mean???

i'm not talking some bs offer to move down 15 spots in round 1 so that the cowboys can get a premium talent...

they either come correct or don't come at all...

Wonder if they'd be willing to part with Anthony Spencer.

Probably not, but he'd be immensely useful to our team right about now.

Wonder if they'd be willing to part with Anthony Spencer.

Probably not, but he'd be immensely useful to our team right about now.

don't see a chance of that...guy was finally really stepping up at the end of last season...

what does that mean???

i'm not talking some bs offer to move down 15 spots in round 1 so that the cowboys can get a premium talent...

they either come correct or don't come at all...

That's what I was getting at.

We're talking Miles of their 1st next season - for moving down that far.

That's what I was getting at.

We're talking Miles of their 1st next season - for moving down that far.

their first next year isn't enough...not to me...it's likely in the late 20's again...

27 their first next year a player that's young but a backup (aka a fasano type...or a guy who fills a need short term) and a mid say 5th round pick this year...

we have the leverage here...if they want to come get a premium talent be my guest...but PAY UP

their first next year isn't enough...not to me...it's likely in the late 20's again...

27 their first next year a player that's young but a backup (aka a fasano type...or a guy who fills a need short term) and a mid say 5th round pick this year...

we have the leverage here...if they want to come get a premium talent be my guest...but PAY UP

Meant as a starting point - bit distracted watching basketball. But, if the trade just deals with draft picks, I think we're talking swapping 1st's, getting their 1st next season, and a 2nd - or a 3rd and 5th. But yeah, a lot. I'm still hoping we can get Austin out of the deal.

i wouldn't even consider it unless we get their 27 a 1 next year in another high caliber talent draft a player this year and not some bs like patrick crayton and a mid level pick this year...

and if eric berry was on the table at pick #12 i'd tell them straight up to pound sand...

as for people i would target in a trade down to #27 my eyes would be on jerry hughes first and foremost...if brandon graham is in consideration at pick #12 as a wolb fit for us there is ABSOLUTELY no reason that jerry hughes shouldn't be on our board as well...and hughes is poetry in motion in lb drills and as fluid in his cod and lateral movements plus awareness as any player in this draft...plus a premier pass rusher...no one trick pony...

the 2nd guy for me i think would be arrelius benn...i just love this kid and i think his value is headed north...

names like nate allen i wouldn't even have in consideration at #27...i call that reaching to fill a need that high...

Agreed on Benn.

what do they have thats depth that we would want??? they just cut their starting left tackle (who's about done anyways...can't handle speed anymore) and their open wound at free safety so they have holes to fill at both those positions...

i really doubt they'd part with bennett but if he was the player i think i'd be ok with that...but he's a headcase also...

i mean what have they got that they can afford to lose and we'd want and more importantly would fill a need???

Guys this is the 12th pick we are talking about, not the first overall pick. I dont see us optaining their first next year. They can send a player, but I just dont see Jerry parting with his first next year.

teams give up ones the following year all the time to get 2nd round picks...this is a top 12 pick...i'd say that to move down 15 spots in round 1 their first next year would be the starting point...

We'll see, I think The Trifecta would rather have one of their old players instead of a pick next year that will do us no good this year. Dave Hyde rumor of Austin to Miami might not be that far fetched.

We'll see, I think The Trifecta would rather have one of their old players instead of a pick next year that will do us no good this year. Dave Hyde rumor of Austin to Miami might not be that far fetched.

That trade or their 1st next year, which I can't see. I can see swapping 1st and 3rds and Austin coming here, but its still very unlikely:pray:

Back
Top Bottom