Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

It's not that nobody is giving him credit. It's just he had a ONE read offense. It's not that hard to grasp.

If his 1st read is covered he runs, just like Baylor.

Wilson's season was actually far more impressive.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

What does that gotta do with Wilson being a exception?

Kapernick plays on a loaded offense whose #1 WR is finally getting his comfort level. He also stares down WRs alot, which is one thing Wilson doesn't do.

Russel Wilson > Kap.

Was he successful did it work, did he make many mistakes. obviously since he was the only rookie qb to ever post a 100 qb rating and his team made the playoffs it worked. If the offense is so easy how come no other qb has ever been able to do it like him. Personally not talking about u much of the disrespect on this board towards Rg3 is sour grapes because he played so well.

This might not be a popular idea amongst the Tannehill lovers, but think about how Seattle had their top free agent Qb but still took Wilson in the 3rd. I'm not saying use the 12th pick, but if there is someone in the late 2nd-4th round that may give Tanny some competition, I say draft him and let training camp decides who is the starter. As a fin fan of over 25 years, I've seen my fair share of qb's and I'm not nearly sold on our current starter. Wilson is proof that you never know which QB will be your starter till the competition starts. I'm not a rabid fan of Tannehill, but I'm a die hard Dolphins fan and always want the best for the franchise.

If Philbin really employs the Green Bay philosophy then we will draft another QB. Now it won't be a 1st or 2nd rounder but the Packers believe in adding another QB mid round or so. So yes, we will draft another QB in the draft.

Was he successful did it work, did he make many mistakes. obviously since he was the only rookie qb to ever post a 100 qb rating and his team made the playoffs it worked. If the offense is so easy how come no other qb has ever been able to do it like him. Personally not talking about u much of the disrespect on this board towards Rg3 is sour grapes because he played so well.

There's no sour grapes from me at all, never liked him and knew he'd get hurt quick. I was right. His season wasn't that impressive if you actually watched him play. Simpleton offense.

Wilson also had a 100 rating, and 6 more pass TDs, and got deeper in the playoffs without a fairy offense, and he did that while being 5'9.

Russell Wilson has a top 5 D, top 5 Running game, a seam threat TE and a great offensive line not to mention very good Wrs (a true #1 in Sidney Rice)!! Its not to hard to suceed when all the pieces are in place all you have to do is be a game mananger and not turn the ball over and make some plays here and there.....If hes on a team like Miami Russel Wilson isnt even talked about this year....Tannehill should of had this team in the playoffs if it werent for Carpenter and that speaks volumes being they dont have any playmakers a below average running game and a pourous o-line...I just dont understand for the life of me these things arent brought up when comparing T-Hill to others huge diff with the circumstances.....Oh and one more thing T-Hill beat Wilson!! Thumbs Down big time on this thread next!!!

I think Moore has already said he wants to find a opportunity to start somewhere, so I don't expect him back. Devlin looked decent enough for the back-up job but there's nothing wrong with drafting competition.

Russell Wilson has a top 5 D, top 5 Running game, a seam threat TE and a great offensive line not to mention very good Wrs (a true #1 in Sidney Rice)!! Its not to hard to suceed when all the pieces are in place all you have to do is be a game mananger and not turn the ball over and make some plays here and there.....If hes on a team like Miami Russel Wilson isnt even talked about this year....Tannehill should of had this team in the playoffs if it werent for Carpenter and that speaks volumes being they dont have any playmakers a below average running game and a pourous o-line...I just dont understand for the life of me these things arent brought up when comparing T-Hill to others huge diff with the circumstances.....Oh and one more thing T-Hill beat Wilson!! Thumbs Down big time on this thread next!!!

Homer alert! Anybody who watched Wilson and Tannehill play who is unbiased , would claim Wilson is better regardless of circumstances.

nothing wrong with any of those guys although cap is still staring down receivers. Griffin has the best season ever by a rookie qb and people just dont want to give him any credit
No he doesn't.

Kaepernick threw 1 interception every 73 passes on average. Whereas Tannehill threw an interception every 37 passes on average.

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

bull.....! You do know Tannehill has been compared to Matt Schaub and as of this moment.....i want no part of that crap. Pats are making him look like a rookie minus the initial drop at the beginning of the game. He has an alpha receiver and running back and check out the results. We are screaming for the types of weapons (TE,WR, RB) the Texans have yet they are getting it handed to them. We need Tannehill to be better than schaub to make a good run (imo).

Last edited by a moderator:
No he doesn't.

Kaepernick threw 1 interception every 73 passes on average. Whereas Tannehill threw an interception every 37 passes on average.

rewatch yesterdays game , he is still doing it he is just getting away with it

There's no sour grapes from me at all, never liked him and knew he'd get hurt quick. I was right. His season wasn't that impressive if you actually watched him play. Simpleton offense.

Wilson also had a 100 rating, and 6 more pass TDs, and got deeper in the playoffs without a fairy offense, and he did that while being 5'9.

I watched multiple Washington games , both wilson and Griffin were impressive to say otherwise is purely ignoring results and actual play.

No he doesn't.

Kap started later in the season.

Had way less pass attempts. Besides that Tannehill went 4 games w/o a INT twice this year. His **** was jacked by 2 bad games.

rewatch yesterdays game , he is still doing it he is just getting away with it
:lol: Young QBs in the NFL that lock on to their targets don't just get away with it.

Perhaps you confusing what "every" QB does which is if the primary WR is open then the QB throws it to him. I am watching Tom Brady do it as I type. I recall after Kaepernick's first start on MNF the analysts were amazed at his poise and how he was able to go through his reads. On one of the TD passes he his his 4th read on the play starting on one side of the field and going all the way across before throwing the ball.

:lol: Young QBs in the NFL that lock on to their targets don't just get away with it.

Perhaps you confusing what "every" QB does which is if the primary WR is open then the QB throws it to him. I am watching Tom Brady do it as I type. I recall after Kaepernick's first start on MNF the analysts were amazed at his poise and how he was able to go through his reads. On one of the TD passes he his his 4th read on the play starting on one side of the field and going all the way across before throwing the ball.

Not Im speaking of yesterday where he looked one spot quite often. Yesterday was the first time I noticed it so much. He of course doesnt do it every play but there were some major instances of it.

Kap started later in the season.

Had way less pass attempts. Besides that Tannehill went 4 games w/o a INT twice this year. His **** was jacked by 2 bad games.

Oh please...the difference is Kaepernick "makes big plays" whereas Tannehill doesn't.

Have you actually watched Kaepernick play? I watched him 4 years at Nevada and 8 games this year. What he did yesterday is no fluke. We would be lucky if at the peak of Tannehill's career he plays at the level Kaepernick is at right now which is highly unlikely.

Oh please...the difference is Kaepernick "makes big plays" whereas Tannehill doesn't.

Have you actually watched Kaepernick play? I watched him 4 years at Nevada and 8 games this year. What he did yesterday is no fluke. We would be lucky if at the peak of Tannehill's career he plays at the level Kaepernick is at right now which is highly unlikely.

Yeah I have, don't like him. He'll get found out like every other running qb.

Back
Top Bottom