Ryan Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

I can see the excuses that will be made when Tannehill does his usual lackluster performances: He is just rusty because he didn't play last year... He lost his goto receiver.....He has a new offensive coordinator......He has to develope chemistry with his new receivers....He has a new center....etc. Rick Spielman overdrafted Tannehill in a desperate attempt to save his job. Tannehill has had 6 years to show the world what he is, and what he is is an average QB. I doubt that Tannehill causes too many defensive coordinators to loose much sleep.
Rick Spielman? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

You misspelled develop and lose.

For ****s sakes...

Philbin, Lazor, Sherman...His early career was marred by ineffectual coaches who either rode the balls of an OC head coach or came some the tastiest flavor of the month offense. During that time of piss poor coaching, the QB was strapped with who day WRs (his first two seasons) or a line made up of things found around the Davie offices and yet, he still manages to flash enough to make a coach who pretty much had his choice of jobs choose Miami. In less then a half of season You started to see Tannehill begin to flourish (coaching matters) and I can guarantee you will see him step into his own this year with a solid line and 3 years in the same offense (another first for the guy).

Up to that point, that offense had the fewest turnovers in NFL history until that mark was later broken. So yes, Pennington should receive a tremendous amount of credit for that.

Also, throwing numbers out about Pennington vs. teams with top defenses...I'd venture to guess Tannehill hasn't fared much better against top tier defenses in his career.

To be fair, counting the playoffs, Pennington lost his last 5 games as a fin throwing 2TDs and 6Ints for an overall 11-10 record....so there's that too. If you want to give him and Ronnie Brown credit for a feel good oasis or mirage of a regular season, fine, but when it comes to the pantheon of Fins QBs , in perspective, IMO he should not be held up as a standard for Tannehill or even Fiedler.

... and objective "journalist" Omar's never forgiven Tannehill for his homey Garrard suspiciously getting "hurt" playing with his kid in the pool and fading into the sunset with Ross's $$ (until he came back the following year and did the same thing to the Jets).

LMAO. I almost forgot that he pulled the exact same stunt with another team the next season.

Under Ryan Tannehill the team simply has not scored a lot of points. He has not shown the ability to improvise and make things happen on his own. That is why he needs a complete team around him. Even if the team around him improves to win in the playoffs at some point the QB has to make a play. Gase has come out and said himself, he needs Ryan to be smarter and start making plays with his legs or throw the ball downfield. There is no arguing he lacks aggressiveness, especially mentally. Who knows maybe with a better offense around him he can get more time to throw the ball down field when it is needed the most, not a dump off behind the los.

For ****s sakes...

Philbin, Lazor, Sherman...His early career was marred by ineffectual coaches who either rode the balls of an OC head coach or came some the tastiest flavor of the month offense. During that time of piss poor coaching, the QB was strapped with who day WRs (his first two seasons) or a line made up of things found around the Davie offices and yet, he still manages to flash enough to make a coach who pretty much had his choice of jobs choose Miami. In less then a half of season You started to see Tannehill begin to flourish (coaching matters) and I can guarantee you will see him step into his own this year with a solid line and 3 years in the same offense (another first for the guy).

Want to see something funny? I looked this up yesterday, and then before I got around to posting it...beer.

Go back as recently as the end of 2015, and look at every single offensive lineman who the Dolphins rostered that season. Not just the starters....every single one of them. And then look to see how many of them are currently employed in the NFL.

It's two.

Obviously Pouncey is going to land somewhere and make it three, but still. It cracked me up.

To be fair, counting the playoffs, Pennington lost his last 5 games as a fin throwing 2TDs and 6Ints for an overall 11-10 record....so there's that too. If you want to give him and Ronnie Brown credit for a feel good oasis or mirage of a regular season, fine, but when it comes to the pantheon of Fins QBs , in perspective, IMO he should not be held up as a standard for Tannehill or even Fiedler.

If Tannehill posted a 97.4 quarterback rating with a 7.7 ypa and a 67.4 completion percentage people would be saying I TOLD YOU HE WAS A TOP 10 QB.

You're right, because everything stayed status quo when he was out
<insert sarcasm emoji here>

Before the 2016 season, in 2015 we went 6-10 with Tannehill. dont act like the status quo around here has been perennial playoff team with Tannehill.

For ****s sakes...

Well stated. Succinct and to the point.

Back
Top Bottom