say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

This should be a private issue.....men in France have numerous affairs and nobody thinks twice abou it. At least Dan owned up to it and supports the lady and his kid....also 90% of his kids are with his wife and he doesn't have 8 baby mama's like Cromartie of the Jests. Just saying.

OK that's the standard Marino must aspire to I guess. To be better than Cromartie from the Jets. Just saying. I wonder how many different ways The Jets can enter a thread here at Fin Heaven. Never seen a fan base so intoxicated by another team. I know you just picked a guy that happened to be a Jet, but talking about the Jets is tiring.

I have a friend who had a few affairs. His marriage of 17 years was on the rocks, no longer even sharing the same bedroom. He and his wive decided to stay together until their son was done with HS, with both secretly seeing others. Was anyone wrong?

Don't know but, in this case, seems to be working out, and who am I to question them?

One of countless examples of what may have taken place. IMO, we have no right or reason to even have an opinion on Marino's personal life, and we know less than nothing about it.

Phans make a mistake in thinking they know their idols personally from watching them play, and reading so much about them. Nothing could be further from the truth we do not know them at all, and that we should stay out of their personal lives.

That burden lies with the HERO. They make millions from popularity and fans and that comes with scrutiny. That's the turf. If you don't want the attention, don't construct your life around it.

Screw Dan Marino. Thanks for the almost-greatness.

Maybe that's a bit harsh, but i am tired of fending off remarks by other fans about that era. Let's get on with the future.

I don't know if it's related or not, but he never seems to smile fully or really open up the personality on CBS. All the other guys seem much more confident and relaxed. It's got to be tense and awkward, sitting on a CBS stage year after year, when it was a CBS employee and you've got to know the story will eventually leak.

I have a signed Marino jersey hanging in my basement. While it was always a symbol that harkened back to a hero from my childhood, it will now double as a reminder that my #1 priority in life is to be a good husband and father.

Dan Marino fathers a child out of wedlock in 2005

Guys I wasn't expecting to hear anything like this morning , so to say the least, I'm in shock and in utter disappointment about this news.

I simply do not understand why a person so blessed would look elsewhere.

Looks like Dan was right all along, that Dan Marino Sr. was the real "hero".

I pray for his family.

-ucfpf13

I have a signed Marino jersey hanging in my basement. While it was always a symbol that harkened back to a hero from my childhood, it will now double as a reminder that my #1 priority in life is to be a good husband and father.

Really like your attitude on this. Nice idea.

If there was ever a way to find the truth about nfl players infidelities and it came back that 90% of players cheated on their wives, I would not be shocked at all. People tend put athletes on a pedestal but in reality they shouldn't. As charles barkley put it, I'm not a role model.

Listen, it is definitely good that he is financially supporting this girl, but I think we can safely assume that he does not have a complete "father" relationship with this girl if he has had to cover it up for 6 years and he has his own family to deal with. I come from a situation where my dad wasn't a major part of my life growing up, and trust me, it has an impact.

Not knocking single parents because that is truly a difficult path to take, but the latest and best sociological research shows that children who are raised in single parent homes instead of two parent homes have a statistically significant increased incidence of several outcomes that can be considered negative. These include a higher incidence of being jailed for crime, a higher incidence of teen pregnancy a higher incidence of alcohol and drug addiction, and a higher incidence of future broken families. It is my hope that the daughter can overcome the lack of an involved father-figure in her life and grow to be a well-adjusted adult.

I think this is about the best thing that has been said in this entire thread.

This is sad to hear, it just shows no matter what the reputation unless you actually know these guys you really don't know them. Dan had a great reputation and this soils it. I hated facing him but I admired everything about marino on and off the filed, now it's just on the field.

Could be worse, he could have lived his life like Joe Nemeth in continuous controversy and embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom