say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

It's funny...when I saw this thread, my heart kinda sank. Not because I judge him, or because it makes him a bad person...but he is the only guy that I really thought of as a hero when I was a kid. I still, as a grown man, reminisce about how I felt watching him play. I guess when you're a kid, you don't care or think about this kind of thing. But as an adult, I always admired that he seemed to have a real dream life...a happy family, kids, travel, etc. I guess it should be expected that everyone has their problems.

I don't hold it against him, but I guess in some small way I am disappointed. But it isn't like he has abandoned the child...they are set for life. I'm sure the child could reach out to him one day, but who knows if she will want to. Sounds like she has a family, a father that is adopting her, etc. and I can't blame Dan for trying to handle this discreetly. His life is based on his reputation now. And I'm sure it is easier on his family for it to be settled. None of us know much about it, and I doubt we ever will. It's their personal life.

I definitely felt a little disappointed today, but the guy is still my childhood hero.

Marino is a fool for paying her millions to keep quiet. Women can't keep secrets, you moron. :lol:

...and congrats for being another member of the lucky sperm club, Marino's baby.

What always baffles me about these things, celebrities and their love-children, is that Marino has a mountain of money, this woman had a job, they're educated, probably worldly, they each can't afford or be bothered to concern themselves with obtaining proper birth control? Speaking from ONLY a PRACTICAL point of view, if you were going to enter into an affair, when you're a public figure, wouldn't you think to take every precaution to protect yourself, your money, and your reputation? If there's no child involved, this is a heresay incident and no one would ever know about it. I can't imagine the pressure of being a celebrity, good-looking guy like Marino, famous athlete, I'm sure he gets tempted more often than we can imagine. I don't judge someone like that too harshly about an indiscretion because I can't relate to his life, though I do understand the act of drawing a line regarding absolutes as far as this goes, but as I said, from just a common sense point of view, I'm stunned at the inability to protect themselves.

You assume too much. One of my best friends is pregnant with a child conceived while using protection.

I wonder if his wife knew about this or if she's finding out today. It's going to suck when he goes home next week.

they didnt call him Dan The Man for nothing.A true Dolphin legend.i forgave him for not getting us a superbowl win and I forgive him for this as well.he had the best protection as a qb when he played,hes just gotten a little rusty.

. I'm sure the child could reach out to him one day, but who knows if she will want to. .

According to the article, he's in touch with the child. Really, he's handled this with a lot of class.

What made me scratch my head was the OP's claim that Marino had an affair with a baby. Got all kinds of strange images into my brain.

He stayed in the pocket way too long! Laces OFF Dan!

I don't think Danny got his money's worth on keeping it quiet. Danny also has awful taste in bitches. He couldn't do better than that slut?

Human beings are just that. Human beings. We are all in this together.
Down with the hero-worship/celebrity society!

This should be a private issue.....men in France have numerous affairs and nobody thinks twice abou it. At least Dan owned up to it and supports the lady and his kid....also 90% of his kids are with his wife and he doesn't have 8 baby mama's like Cromartie of the Jests. Just saying.

I don't think Danny got his money's worth on keeping it quiet. Danny also has awful taste in bitches. He couldn't do better than that slut?

Her last name is Savaterre.....A good Italian woman knows how to cook....that comes first over looks, but she is not a dog like Arnold's maid.

Sorry... but I seriously don't give a damn. He acted professionally on the field. Anything else particularly involving his personal relationships is his own business.

I have a friend who had a few affairs. His marriage of 17 years was on the rocks, no longer even sharing the same bedroom. He and his wive decided to stay together until their son was done with HS, with both secretly seeing others. Was anyone wrong?

Don't know but, in this case, seems to be working out, and who am I to question them?

One of countless examples of what may have taken place. IMO, we have no right or reason to even have an opinion on Marino's personal life, and we know less than nothing about it.

Phans make a mistake in thinking they know their idols personally from watching them play, and reading so much about them. Nothing could be further from the truth we do not know them at all, and that we should stay out of their personal lives.

Back
Top Bottom