Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

i saw flashes against the cardinals, raiders, or i can just say the 1st half of the season. since the 2nd half vs indy, i have not really seen any progress, but if u have, i guess we r watching different games.

your supposed to progress as the season goes on, not regress, u cant tell me he has looked good since that indy game.

The ENTIRE team has regressed. What has Bush done in the 2nd half? What has our defense done, especially the secondary. The list goes on and on.

Funny people saying tannehill doesn't have the "it" factor.. but the Seattle game meant nothing lmao i swear ppl on here have no clue about football.. Wasn't this the year for tannehill to learn? LET HIM LEARN FFS stop comparing luck and RGIII to tannehill those were already ready to start.. just have some faith

The ENTIRE team has regressed. What has Bush done in the 2nd half? What has our defense done, especially the secondary. The list goes on and on.
the qb is the leader of the offense. as the qb goes, so goes the offense. good qb play= good offensive unit play. poor qb play= bad offensive unit play.

take for example last year with this team, do u think its just a coincidence that when matt moore replaced henne, the team slowly started to looked a lot better as a whole? why? bc moore was a significant upgrade to chad henne, and the team improved dramatically from what it had been with henne.

when tannehill was playing well at the beggining of the season, we were scoring more, have longer sustained drives, which led to a well rested defense, and a better overall team performance.

however, since the 2nd half of the indy game, our qb play has stunk, which has led to an entire offensive collapse for the most part, bc as the qb play regresses, so does the entire offense as a whole.

i understand hes a rookie, but in this day and age, rookies can come in and play well right away. no one is criticizing him because he is not taking us to a Superbowl this year, but its because he looks far from the qb he did in the 1st 7 games.

i hope he improves next year because the dolphins are pinning there future hope on tannehill, and if he is a failure, we will just be irrelevant for many more years to come. im not giving up hope yet, im just stating what i have seen.

the problem is with most ppl, they just can not admit he has sucked since the 2nd half of the indy game. no one is saying this means he is a lock to be a bad qb in this league, he may very well turn out to be a good qb, but right now he has regressed, not progressed, and that is not what u want to see from your rookie qb as the season drags on. he has not exactly had to play the murderers row of defenses, getting to play the colts, titans, and bills back to back to back, and doing nothing.

also, i do not like to judge a qb on 1 play, but it was very alarming when on 4th and 10 yesterday, he throws a ball away where no one is, rather than forcing something. the 1 thing u can not do as a qb is just throw the ball away in a situation like that. it was not like it was 1st down with 10 minutes to go in the 1st, it was 4th down, u had nothing to lose but forcing something to someone in a white jersey, but instead he elects to throw it away where no one had a chance to do anything.

Not the first time he has done that... or thrown short of the sticks on 3rd down.

Dude is THE worst QB in the NFL on third down... THE WORST.

Let that sink in.

All those rookie QBs are making the players around them better. You can say Tannehill is somewhat doing that too with Bess and Hartline. But if you say Tannehill is sucking cause he needs players to make him better than maybe he isn't the guy. Franchise QBs should make the players around them better not the other way around. Otherwise you have Sanchez at QB.

All those rookie QBs are making the players around them better. You can say Tannehill is somewhat doing that too with Bess and Hartline. But if you say Tannehill is sucking cause he needs players to make him better than maybe he isn't the guy. Franchise QBs should make the players around them better not the other way around. Otherwise you have Sanchez at QB.

As far as I know, Ryan Tannehill can't make his ****ty WR's seperate from DB's. I mean, he can't run routes for them. I think the fact he has Bess and Hartline at almost 1,000 yards each is a ****ing miracle to be honest.

the qb is the leader of the offense. as the qb goes, so goes the offense. good qb play= good offensive unit play. poor qb play= bad offensive unit play.

take for example last year with this team, do u think its just a coincidence that when matt moore replaced henne, the same slowly started to looked a lot better as a whole? why? bc moore was a significant upgrade to chad henne, and the team improved dramatically from what it had been with henne.

when tannehill was playing well at the beggining of the season, we were scoring more, have longer sustained drives, which led to a well rested defense, and a better overall team performance.

however, since the 2nd half of the indy game, our qb play has stunk, which has led to an entire offensive collapse for the most part, bc as the qb play regresses, so does the entire offense as a whole.

i understand hes a rookie, but in this day and age, rookies can come in and play well right away. no one is criticizing him because he is not taking us to a Superbowl this year, but its because he looks far from the qb he did in the 1st 7 games.

i hope he improves next year because the dolphins are pinning there future hope on tannehill, and if he is a failure, we will just be irrelevant for many more years to come. im not giving up hope yet, im just stating what i have seen.

again, another counter-factual arguement. Who is to say that had Chad Henne held on to his starting job, he would have turned it around and led us to the same place Matt Moore did (which is nowhere)?

So, its okay to compare the Henne/Moore (who stepped in as a veteran QB) situation from last year with what??? RT situation this year?... yet Peyton rookie year vs Tannehill rookie year is an asinine comparison. Interesting logic there.

Quaterback is the leader of the team, but the team surrouding RT is ****. I remember a lot of recent special teams blunders, boneheaded play and penalties from the secondary, lack of protection, lack of running game, lack of separation from receivers. I'd argue that RT is regressing because he is being pulled down by the utter uselessness of what is surrounding him.

Not the first time he has done that... or thrown short of the sticks on 3rd down.

Dude is THE worst QB in the NFL on third down... THE WORST.

Let that sink in.
on 3rd down you usually depend your best wr to make a play lmaoooooooooooooo have you notice the only plays we run are curl/comeback routes umm if i was a safety ill have the best job in the world. Look i know tannehill missed some throws i get that but if you dont understand how hard is it for him as a damn rookie to have deal with no real talent around him then idk what else i can say

on 3rd down you usually depend your best wr to make a play lmaoooooooooooooo have you notice the only plays we run are curl/comeback routes umm if i was a safety ill have the best job in the world. Look i know tannehill missed some throws i get that but if you dont understand how hard is it for him as a damn rookie to have deal with no real talent around him then idk what else i can say

RT is also one of the best QB's in the league on throws of 20+ yards, but of course the haters will neglect to mention those statistics.

Did you guys see how Brady just sat there and shredded the Texans tonight?

He makes it look so easy, why can't Tannehill watch Brady tapes and learn to just rifle it in there.

It may not make a difference how well Tannehill plays in the future, as long as Brady is with the Patriots.

We are losing because we cant score enough points, so Tannehill will receive much of the blame.

-ucfpf13

He makes it look so easy, why can't Tannehill watch Brady tapes and learn to just rifle it in there.

It may not make a difference how well Tannehill plays in the future, as long as Brady is with the Patriots.

We are losing because we cant score enough points, so Tannehill will receive much of the blame.

-ucfpf13
LMAO comparing the rookie tannehill to a vet like brady and offensive talent around him. Tannehill can't just sit there with this o-line. Wow at the retardation this board is after a lose, it's like they've never heard of the context before.

-ucfpf13
lmaoo comparing a rookie to a vet like brady wow

LMAO comparing the rookie tannehill to a vet like brady and offensive talent around him. Tannehill can't just sit there with this o-line. Wow at the retardation this board is after a lose, it's like they've never heard of the context before.

Well I have seen Tannehill compared to other future Hall of Famers, in their first seasons. I'm not asking or expecting Tannehill to be Tom Brady in his first season, but how about throwing some accurate passes and hitting some receivers in stride.

-ucfpf13

Well I have seen Tannehill compared to other future Hall of Famers, in their first seasons. I'm not asking or expecting Tannehill to be Tom Brady in his first season, but how about throwing some accurate passes and hitting some receivers in stride.

-ucfpf13
How about they get some separation and tom brady wasn't very accurate despite all the offensive talent he has around him don't make it sound like tannehill and brady are in the same situation dealing with the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom