Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

way too early to make any determinations, many young QBs are having success right away but that doesn't mean all will have success right away. It's so silly how quickly people praise and give up on players/teams/coaches/etc...

No you havent, you have seen tannehill compared to the rookie season peyton manning had. Thats it.
Nobody compares tannehill to a veteran manning. Theres a huge difference, and it shouldnt take
an inordinate amount of intelligence to recognize that.

People aren't even comparing them at all, what they are saying is: even Peyton Manning had a bad rookie season, therefore bad rookie seasons don't mean that much.

The less intellegents interpret the comparison as: Peyton Mannig had a bad rookie season, therefore anybody that has a bad rookie season is another Peyton Manning.

tannehill has sucked since indy??? lmao...WHAT

he lead a come from behind in the 4th quarter and passed for the game tying td and game winning field goal drive against seattle...

I understand his point of view, I truly do, it isn't a wrong point of view it is just the point of view we all want to be wrong. Tannehill does have to improve, fact. Tannehill does need to continue to play mistake free football. Tannehill does need to lead the team. With all that said I'm not ready to question this kids ability yet, no way, not with this team around him.

It helps that RGIII has a rushing attack that opens up all kinds of opportunity and oh by the way so does Seattle. I mean Marshawn Lynch and Alfred Morris are 2nd and 4th in the league, if you add that amount of production to Miami's running game it takes the pressure off all kinds of things. RGIII has basically the same numbers as Miami's leading rusher!

I find it funny that the two most balanced teams in terms of offense are also the two rookie QB's who are accelerating off the charts right now, it isn't Luck, it isn't Weeden and Tannehill, it is RGIII and Wilson sitting there at 1st and 7th in terms of QB rating. You know why Luck, Weeden and Tannehill are sitting down there at the bottom at 31st, 32nd and 33rd? Because their teams were absolutely terrible last year, Indy was horrible, Cleveland is worse than us and Miami has been devoid of rosterable talent for years. All of this years rookie class is doing a fabulous job given the mess they all walked into but if you look at the 10,000 feet point of view the two making the least amount of mistakes arguably had the best teams on paper.

The guys writing about this **** are the same guys who said Miami would be lucky to win 3 games and Tannehill should sit to gain experience because of his lack of College play, now after 3/4 of the season Tannehill is a bust, a bum. What a society of ADD media we live in, let's write about giving the kid time to play and learn not more than six months ago only to crucify him now in the papers. I guess the Texans played Tom Brady better last night on a national stage then Miami did a week prior.

Bunch of ****ing mindless poppy**** is what it all is.

Last edited by a moderator:
tannehill has sucked since indy??? lmao...WHAT

he lead a come from behind in the 4th quarter and passed for the game tying td and game winning field goal drive against seattle...

The Sea 4th qtr was his best moment of the year. I didn't see all of tour game, I only saw bits and pieces but he didn't look bad at SF.

The separation issue is glaring. I was at the game and payed particular attention to receivers jogging along side cb's. Tanny isn't good enough to zing one in a tight space yet, and when he does he forces it and gets picked off. His option is to go 3 and out... and have people harp on him all day about his muffed punt, his terrible game plan, his bad tackling etc.

The Sea 4th qtr was his best moment of the year. I didn't see all of tour game, I only saw bits and pieces but he didn't look bad at SF.

no he didn't look bad at san fran...that defense eats people alive...no one gives this kid credit for keeping this team in games every week either...he doesn't make the mistakes that beat you...miamis been in every game this year outside of the opener and that was about tipped balls at the los and the titans game where everyone no showed...yeah the kis missed some plays that could have been tds i get it and we need to see improvement there and i'm sure he's checked down at times also when he had other options but his decision making isn't just good it's at an elite level...13 games in and i still can't find even a hand ful thru 12 full games as a starter bad decisions...for a rookie with limited weapons and calling them limited is generous on my part in an option route based system no less...

people here need to get a grip...

no he didn't look bad at san fran...that defense eats people alive...no one gives this kid credit for keeping this team in games every week either...he doesn't make the mistakes that beat you...miamis been in every game this year outside of the opener and that was about tipped balls at the los and the titans game where everyone no showed...yeah the kis missed some plays that could have been tds i get it and we need to see improvement there and i'm sure he's checked down at times also when he had other options but his decision making isn't just good it's at an elite level...13 games in and i still can't find even a hand ful thru 12 full games as a starter bad decisions...for a rookie with limited weapons and calling them limited is generous on my part in an option route based system no less...

people here need to get a grip...

it's the times we live in, everyone needs results now. No longer can you have patience watching a player develop and watching teams develop around that player. If he's not great now then he sucks forever. It's a shame, I hope he ends up sucking but I am concerned about him in our division for years to come.

I remember calling him "turnover Tannehill" and got crucified on here. At this point, he doesn't look like the answer for the fins. This fanbase is so hungry for a playmaker at qb that they're willing to crown Tannehill. Reminds me of how alot of Jet fans defended Mark Sanchez. It's possible Tannehill improves his play on the field but its also possible what we see is what we get. Nevertheless, I'm rooting for him to come on strong these last few games and go into next season with some confidence.

turnover tannehill...12 picks in 12 full games as a starter as a rookie...with no running game or win weapons on the outside...good god..i got to get out of here

I just hope Jeff Ireland is around to surround him w/ talent.

now that's a concern on my part...him being the guy pulling the trigger on the talent around him at skill positions...valid all the way concern for everyone here...scares me to death

now that's a concern on my part...him being the guy pulling the trigger on the talent around him at skill positions...valid all the way concern for everyone here...scares me to death

what terrifies me the most is him responsible for all the draft picks we have and cap room this upcoming offseason. Misuse of it can cripple this franchise for years.

Back
Top Bottom