Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

WOW!! 4 more wins!! You just convinced me that there jobs are safe and that 5-8 is good enough.

where did I say 5-8 was good enough? You compared them to Cam and I discredited you, easily as Philbin has proven better than Cam and RT has proven better than Beck. Its not even a reasonable comparison by any means.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

DOLPNS13. You have no comeback so you correct me on grammer? LOL. You can continue now. By the way, Your D should be capital and your missing an apostrophe as well.

Your post is so far gone that it didnt deserve a comeback as I doubt you would understand the realism anyway.

BTW, you spelled grammAr wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not performing as well as Luck, Griffin or Wilson, regardless of supporting cast. That's a simple fact.

yep. And I can't dig a hole with a shovel as fast as a guy can with an excavator.

you can't justify comparing tannehilll to those qbs. how do you take into account the reggie waynes, santans moss' and sidney rices???

the problem is with most ppl, they just can not admit he has sucked since the 2nd half of the indy game. Your right, that is a problem, because its not true. 17 points to comeback against seattle ring a bell??

no one is saying this means he is a lock to be a bad qb in this league, he may very well turn out to be a good qb, but right now he has regressed, not progressed, and that is not what u want to see from your rookie qb as the season drags on. he has not exactly had to play the murderers row of defenses, getting to play the colts, titans, and bills back to back to back, and doing nothing.
Perfect... bring up the bad stretch... I dont' remember you wanting to talk about the bad stretches matt moore had last year. Just the 3 game winning streak.. pay no attention to the 49ers, a team who were a few plays away from being a superbowl team last year. pay no attention to a new englan defense who is making the texans look like dog**** on national television right now. Pay no attention to a seattle defense that just ****ing worked an arizona team... just pay attention to games, that for some reason everyone THOUGHT we should win.. we have a rookie head coach, a conservative OC, a stagnant run game, and no WR's, ST's that give up return touchdowns, a defense that let gore waltz into the endzone, and kapernick scamper 60 some yards untouched.. a punt returner who can't catch, but **** me if a rookie qb struggles in his first season..Your right about one thing, were NOT talking about a peyton manning... we are talking about a qb who had 19 college starts, and now 13 in the NFL who is lightyears ahead of any qb as far as intelligence goes, than any qb we have had in a long ass time.

also, i do not like to judge a qb on 1 play, but it was very alarming when on 4th and 10 yesterday, he throws a ball away where no one is, rather than forcing something. the 1 thing u can not do as a qb is just throw the ball away in a situation like that. it was not like it was 1st down with 10 minutes to go in the 1st, it was 4th down, u had nothing to lose but forcing something to someone in a white jersey, but instead he elects to throw it away where no one had a chance to do anything.

except for when you do like to judge a qb on one play. How about the ONE play where he throws a ball to where only fasano can catch it? Is that all the tight end because he laid out and caught a ball? Some of the **** I read on these main boards just makes me want to beat myself over the head with a ****ing ball bat.
This is a team that a lot of people picked preseason to win 2-4 games, and since we won some games early, all of a sudden a certain few want to act like we were somehow going to win 10 games and make the playoffs because the AFC is so weak this year.

Lol... Schefter is sitting on the fence. Last few weeks Tannehill hasn't looked like the answer like he did at the beginning of the season.... May turn out to be a good one or may not... Essentially he is saying he knows ****...yep looked good for a few weeks and has looked bad as well... We all won't know necessarily what we have till next year or the year after

Just remember, Troy Aikman looked this bad too until he got some help. Hopefully Ireland does not screw up all of these draft picks and money under the cap that the Dolphins have going into this offseason. What am I saying, of coarse he is going to screw it up. That is what he does.

Just remember, Troy Aikman looked this bad too until he got some help. Hopefully Ireland does not screw up all of these draft picks and money under the cap that the Dolphins have going into this offseason. What am I saying, of coarse he is going to screw it up. That is what he does.

Hard to believe Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year

yep. And I can't dig a hole with a shovel as fast as a guy can with an excavator.

you can't justify comparing tannehilll to those qbs. how do you take into account the reggie waynes, santans moss' and sidney rices???

Dont forget TY Hilton and Peire Garcon. The other rookies have such a better receiving core that we cant compare Tannehill to the rest of the rookies. Its always the Dolphins that dont follow suit.

I'll look for those volumes. I know I have Amazon bookmarked somewhere.

We saw the ability level in preseason. Based on those skills, Tannehill is not making enough wow throws and I don't think he's had one wow game. That should be troubling and I don't see how it's disputed. The league is defensively handicapped yet our quarterback is putting up points like it's 1976. Notice I pick Tampa's year, not ours.

I think he looks like Drew Bledsoe in the pocket, and Danny White when he rolls out or takes off. He's certainly lacking a young Bledsoe's experience and arrogance. Bledsoe had the low delivery and relatively unvaried arc but he'd confidently rifle it.

Too many of Tannehill's deep throws don't allow enough margin for error. He'll have 5 iron loft when 8 or 9 iron is ideal. The throw to Bess was an example.

BTW, the comparisons to legends are indeed inane. Of all the trends in sports analysis I have to say that one baffles me as much as anything. Somebody has a bad game and desperate scrambles are made, to pinpoint struggles from John Elway or Peyton Manning at a similar stage. How is that 1% relevant? They got to be Elway and Manning because they were obvious freak talents from a very young age. That carried over through college and to #1 draft pick status. As Jimmy Johnson always emphasized, you don't treat those players the same. You'd have to be a fool. Yet we've got no trouble pretending the comparisons are valid. I always wonder what price those posters would take, on Tannehill -- for example -- matching Peyton's career? They have no trouble comparing as rookies so what would it take, 3/1 or 5/1? If they take those numbers they are moronic. Yet if they want what they are entitled to, like 50/1 or higher, then how is the initial comparison valid when now you're telling me your guy is 2% the caliber of other one?

Johnny Miller had a great line on Phil Mickelson at Doral a few years ago, regarding Phil's tendency to attempt any risky shot. He said if he caddied for Phil he'd want a buzz collar. That's what is needed around here, whenever somebody attempts one of the simplistic and meaningless comparisons to a legend.

Why? No one is comparing RT the rookie to Future HOF Peyton Manning. He is being compared to Peyton the rookie, who had worse stats and better weapons. We (those who defend/support Tannehill) are allowed to make counter-factual arguments just like those who hate on Tannehill can somehow claim he'll clearly be a bust.

Watching the NE Texans game and Brady has thrown passes where he's missed open receivers and they're up 35-7. How does that happen? Because he has open receivers on almost every damn play so it doesn't seem so bad. We do Not have that luxury.

except for when you do like to judge a qb on one play. How about the ONE play where he throws a ball to where only fasano can catch it? Is that all the tight end because he laid out and caught a ball? Some of the **** I read on these main boards just makes me want to beat myself over the head with a ****ing ball bat.
This is a team that a lot of people picked preseason to win 2-4 games, and since we won some games early, all of a sudden a certain few want to act like we were somehow going to win 10 games and make the playoffs because the AFC is so weak this year.
one reason i don't like coming here after we lose just a bunch of CRY baby's here,more like FIN~HATER ..lol

agreed man, the comparisons to manning are so comical.

as u pointed out, rookies back in the day,they actually played in an nfl where defenders were allowed to play defense, making it a lot harder to be successful. this day and age, it is almost impossible for a starting qb not do well, be it a rookie or not with the rules in place.

also, i, as i am sure many ppl on here have seen mannings rookie season, and honestly, i see no flashes from tannehill that make me thing he is even close to peyton manning.

when manning went 3-13 with indy in his rookie year, everyone knew he was going to be a star regardless, he showed a ton of flashes.

tannehill has regressed mightily since that colt game in the 2nd half.

now the jury is still out on him as it has only been 13 games, but to bring up manning every time he struggles is comical. why cant people just admit the guy has ****ing sucked since the 2nd half of the colt game?

i am a dolphin fan, i want him to be a star, this franchise has put there future in his hands, if he sucks, we will suck for a long time, if he is a star, this team will turn around. obviously we all want the latter and i am still hopeful it can be, but right now i am a bit worried with how he is regressing, not progressing.

the no talent argument as to why he is playing poor is BS. yes, he does not have a wr the caliber of calvin johnson, we get it, he does not have the most talent surrounding him, but then again he has the same team he had early in the year where he actually was showing great promise of being the future, and his play has just gone south.

rg3 lost his starting tightend fred davis early in year, garcon had been hurt most of year, the skins o line has been banged up, yet he has been able to work with what he has, russell wilson, although i am not sold long term on him yet, he does not exactly have the best weapons in the pass game, but his efficient play is making his wr better.

its time for tannehill to step it up for the final 3 games and give us hope. we play the jags who have the worst rated defense in nfl i believe. no excuse here. if he struggles vs the jags, id be alarmed.

and you've seen no flashes with RT? He's led a worse team to a better record. You must not be watching.

Hard to believe Aikman was 0-11 his rookie year

it was a completely different game back then..you could hit the qb and you could mug the receivers at the los...they have changed the rules to make it so QBs are THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the team. look at all the records being broken by rookies, because it is easier now than in the 80s and 90s...

just think about what dan would do if he played now...

and you've seen no flashes with RT? He's led a worse team to a better record. You must not be watching.
i saw flashes against the cardinals, raiders, or i can just say the 1st half of the season. since the 2nd half vs indy, i have not really seen any progress, but if u have, i guess we r watching different games.

your supposed to progress as the season goes on, not regress, u cant tell me he has looked good since that indy game.

Back
Top Bottom