Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

I'm not really certain why people on both sides of this argument are so up in arms... Luck and RG3 were ELITE prospects coming out... Tannehill was not. The real story of this class is Wilson...

The fact that Tanne came in and won the starting job actually puts him ahead of the curve since he was not expected to.. Have we seen enough to annoint him the next Tom Brady??? Hell no... have we seen enough to annoint him the next Ryan Leaf..? OF COURSE NOT. But we have seen enough to want to see more... This is the point... he has earned the right to get a longer look...

I think the hallmark of rookie QB's is inconsistency... So the fact that he is up and down doesn't surprise me in the least. Schefter is merely pointing out that Tannehill has not won a game singlehandedly like the others have... Fair enough.. And He is wrapping that fact in a titillating headline in order to generate traffic and spark debate... and hey look we're on page 8 so far!!

You have to understand that Adam Shefter is a former Bronco's beat writer, so if it doesn't involve him giving Elway or P. Manning a BJ, you won't here him saying many things positive about other QB's. You should hear the guy calling in to Denver's KOA 850.
....Shefter wears Bronco pajamas to bed.

I'd like a list of the 'wide open' receivers Tannehill missed for TD's yesterday. And if you even think about mentioning the Bess play, I'll just snuff that one out for ya right now- he was nowhere NEAR being wide open.

In your last post you stated, "some people just dont get it".. Well there ya go

Remember last week when people said Scheffer was one of the reporters whose view they respected?

Cant say I disagree with Schefter. We just dont know yet. Thats all he is saying.

Anyone that says THill is going to be a franchise QB or absolutely will NOT be a franchise QB is pulling a Miss Cleo. There is no way you can say for sure either way at this point in his career.

He has accuracy issues, can these be corrected? Maybe
He doesn't move all that well in the pocket, can this be corrected? Maybe

One thing we do know is that he has a pretty strong arm, is athletic, and appears to be pretty intelligent. Unfortunately those traits don't make an elite QB or even solid franchise QB. You need to put everything together and THill has not yet done that consistently. Blame it on the WR's, Running game, Pass Protection, the fact is, he hasn't produced consistently yet. He also hasn't shown me anything that would say "this guy will NOT be an elite QB" Clean up those issues I mentioned above and I think he has a shot. Moral of the story, too early to tell.

RT has what we had last year at WR and TE minus Marshall. Hell had a weak WR core with Marhsall last year and now you take that away and what are you left with? Really think about this....Brian Hartline is our best WR!!!!! Brian Hartline, Really??? Bess is the next best reciever and both of these guys are under 5-9.

Not saying I disagree with you about the fact that THill doesn't have weapons, but Hartline is 6-2. He's also 199 lbs, which means he has no way of playing the ball against physical corners. We need more weapons, we need a better line, we need a better running game. At that point, we will see if THill is the answer. I can't say for sure either way, but we at least have to take a shot into next year. If he gets weapons and fails, time to move on.

Oh, so Shefter thinks there is a chance Tannehill isn't the answer. Now, he's not saying he won't be the answer, but there is a chance he won't be the answer. Shefter thought he was the answer 6 weeks ago, though now he isn't so sure. Though, he isn't saying he isn't the answer.

LOL, must be so hard being a reporter / journalist. You can never go back on what you said, I mean, sometimes you can go back on what you said, I mean, you will always go back on what you said, I mean...

I was at the game. Paid good money to see that missed play with my own eyes. My criticism is warranted.

But if that's not good enough for you, he missed Hartline twice last week too. He's leaving touchdowns on the field weekly.

Not sure about you, but I'm not exactly thrilled watching 13 points, taking a miraculous one handed grab by Fasano to actually punch it in on 4th down.

Hear this from people all the time. Someone PLEASE for the love of God explain to me how being at the game somehow lends more credit to what you saw.... "With your own eyes"???
I watched it at home on TV....what do you think I watched it with? You're how many feet from the field.....and the jumbo screen? I'm 20 feet from my big screen with the network replaying it over and over in slow mo and zooming in. Guess what I'm saying is to answer your question.......NO it's not good enough for me. I don't even know if I agree or disagree with your statement...........just can't stand when people try to explain that their point is more valid bc they attended the game.

Im a bit worried that I havent seen improvement since the Colts game BUUUUT......in order to form a well educated opinion on Tannehill, Im going to have to evaluate a full 2 seasons with 32 starts. 2 years is enough time to know what you have, until then...relax and enjoy the growing pains guys

out of all the rookie qbs, whose the only one without ANY help?

Ryan Tannehill

Will we be saying this in 4 years? Tanny wouldve been great, except he had no help. This would be a sad epitath - eventually Tanny will need to make it happen with or without an all-star supporting cast.

Hear this from people all the time. Someone PLEASE for the love of God explain to me how being at the game somehow lends more credit to what you saw.... "With your own eyes"???
I watched it at home on TV....what do you think I watched it with? You're how many feet from the field.....and the jumbo screen? I'm 20 feet from my big screen with the network replaying it over and over in slow mo and zooming in. Guess what I'm saying is to answer your question.......NO it's not good enough for me. I don't even know if I agree or disagree with your statement...........just can't stand when people try to explain that their point is more valid bc they attended the game.

Maybe because being at the game is clearly different and allows a viewer to see what is happening real time, all over the field - not just the portion of the field the cameras show. You can see a ton more by being there live.

And if this wasn't the case, maybe all pro scouts and college scouts can merely stay home and watch Red Zone channel plus ESPN.

Just because someone is at the game doesnt mean they see more than us at home see. They actually see less. Seeing a game in person has far worse vantage points (regardless of where your seats are) than seeing it on TV. Ive been to games, with the awesome seats, so I know what Im talking about

Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin will end up like Cam Cameron and John Beck. Watch and see. And the fault will once again be the owner and manager.

Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin will end up like Cam Cameron and John Beck. Watch and see. And the fault will once again be the owner and manager.

Um, you do realize Tannehill and Philbin already have 4 more wins than Cameron right? Or maybe you dont

Will we be saying this in 4 years? Tanny wouldve been great, except he had no help. This would be a sad epitath - eventually Tanny will need to make it happen with or without an all-star supporting cast.

We are still saying a version of this almost 20 years later with Dan Marino. The lastest being "Oh! what if we would have gotten Barry Sanders. How many Super Bowl would we have won." Think about it man Marino had Duper and Clayton for a majority of the years here then he had fryer, byers, and a hell of a TE in the final shula years.

This is a team sport that relies on every one doing their jobs. This is not basketball where one guy can essentially win you the game.

Back
Top Bottom