Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

Ok, my reply to the first paragraph: If a coach is willing to allow an assistant to put the HC's job in jeopardy, then it's his own damn fault. That shows a lack of backbone and the ability to make hard decisions.

Second, He is definitely not better than the other options out there. Fisher is the most overrated coach out there by the way. Gruden and Cowher are the obvious options, but there are several good assistants who were deserving of interviews, and probably would have ended up being good HC's, specifically Rivera, the guy Carolina hired. I fear that the offense could get worse, especially if Sparano keeps dinking around with stuff, instead of conclusively solving problems with the offense.

Third, I don't see Sparano doing much motivating, except maybe with the kick and punt units. I'm sure he does work hard, and I agree that he does do his best. What I'm saying is that his best isn't good enough to be a head coach in the NFL. I do think Daboll could turn out to be a decent OC, especially if Sparano keeps his unknowledgeable mitts off his offense.
Trouble is, firing you OC can actually wind up backfiring on you if you do it midseason. Sure, Henning was terrible. It's not easy to install an entirely new offense midseason.

If anything, Sparano should've just stripped Henning of playcalling duties, and even then, it's hard to say if that would be the right choice.

I say he is the better than most of the viable options out there because I don't believe we could've landed Cowher, Gruden, or Fisher. If we were to fire Sparano for a coordinator, I would imagine it would've been for Mike Nolan. Despite Mike Nolan's bad tenure in San Francisco, I still would be ok with that. I don't believe it was all necesarily Nolan's fault over in SF.

Trouble is, firing you OC can actually wind up backfiring on you if you do it midseason. Sure, Henning was terrible. It's not easy to install an entirely new offense midseason.

If anything, Sparano should've just stripped Henning of playcalling duties, and even then, it's hard to say if that would be the right choice.

I say he is the better than most of the viable options out there because I don't believe we could've landed Cowher, Gruden, or Fisher. If we were to fire Sparano for a coordinator, I would imagine it would've been for Mike Nolan. Despite Mike Nolan's bad tenure in San Francisco, I still would be ok with that. I don't believe it was all necesarily Nolan's fault over in SF.

The biggest issue with Mike Nolan's tenure in San Francisco was that he just had too much, too soon. Rookie HC's with total control almost always flame out pretty badly. I think he'll get a second chance somewhere, whether it's with us or some other team remains to be seen.

20060806LFWannstedtBYMT_230-1.jpg

31-17 over 3 seasons :p coaching is overrated!

Wannstedt inherited a winning playoff team coming off a trip to the divisional round, while Sparano inherited a 1-15 team that was one of the worst in league history. Not even close to being the same situation.

There are only 15 current head coaches in the league with a career winning record, and Sparano is one of them.

Youre not getting it, ok the Hurricanes are in a bad state right now then we go and hire Golden my reaction was who the hell is this guy? I hear him talk and he makes you believe. He has confidence and provides excitement. Now back when we're trying to hire Jim Harbaugh and we went through that embarrassing stage in which we stuck with Sparano our team was under constant criticism and embarrassments for fans yet Sparano glumly just answer questions while chewing his gum giving no logical answers or details whatsoever and pretty much telling the fans and media to **** off i dont want to talk to you and i just want to handle things my way even though his ways are completely retarded. On top of everything he never accepts any of the blame for the teams struggles, not ever. My point is Golden is a classy guy with good speaking skills and Sparano is just an average joe who should be working at a pizza vendor instead of running a football team which he has shown he is incapable of doing so in a way i just put all my faith in the players and none in the coach sort of how i do for the Miami Heat, but on the otherhand for the Canes i put all my faith in Al Golden because HE MAKES YOU BELIEVE!!!

So, you would rather a coach that talks a good talk over one that wins? Doesn't make sense. Golden can say all he wants, but that doesn't guarantee results. Talking a good talk is the oldest trick in the book when a new coach joins a team.

Sparano doesn't need to tell you are the media what his plans are.

You said pizza that is racist :p
by the way if u ever get the chance
check out 79 st and the beach near the days in is a place called
"valentinos" they only have 4 pizzas on the menu all of them awesome!
organic pizza really fresh best sauce freshly picked basil the cheese is milked from buffalo..

lol, I live near Atlanta, don't know if I'll be in Miami any time soon. Haven't been in a few years.

Until we close the gap on Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills, we will not be passing them in the division.

Already 0 - 2 against him.

You're still not getting it. Sparano doesnt do either and having confidence could excite a fanbase but Sparano doesnt do that and he doesnt win so why would i trust a boring coach like Sparano who had no qualifications to be offered this job in the first place with the exception of being Bill Parcells friend. The thing is our talented team is going to continue to underachieve because Parcells didnt hire us a real coach instead he hired a Pizza vendor. They should just hand the keys over to Nolan someone who knows something about football not like the other 2 idiot coaches we have. If you think about it the only 2 good coaches we ever had were a class act and had charisma unlike the morons we've hired of late.
So, you would rather a coach that talks a good talk over one that wins? Doesn't make sense. Golden can say all he wants, but that doesn't guarantee results. Talking a good talk is the oldest trick in the book when a new coach joins a team.

Sparano doesn't need to tell you are the media what his plans are.

You're still not getting it. Sparano doesnt do either and having confidence could excite a fanbase but Sparano doesnt do that and he doesnt win so why would i trust a boring coach like Sparano who had no qualifications to be offered this job in the first place with the exception of being Bill Parcells friend. The thing is our talented team is going to continue to underachieve because Parcells didnt hire us a real coach instead he hired a Pizza vendor. They should just hand the keys over to Nolan someone who knows something about football not like the other 2 idiot coaches we have.
:lol: Golden gets a pass for not proving anything, but Daboll doesn't?

Wannstedt inherited a winning playoff team coming off a trip to the divisional round, while Sparano inherited a 1-15 team that was one of the worst in league history. Not even close to being the same situation.

There are only 15 current head coaches in the league with a career winning record, and Sparano is one of them.

That will change once the season starts. Especially, if Henne named starter.

Daboll had a chance wtf are you talking about? Golden actually made winners out of sorry *** Temple but not only that he actually gives us fans a little detail and insight on the team he also doesnt play favorites like Sparano does cause if you keep up with the Canes he named the players who worked the hardest and practiced the best the starters, while Sparano likes to award the jobs to scrubs like Henne. The only reason we're not complete **** right now is because Parcells actually got us some good players something Sparano was not a part of. Now if you wanna believe a completely unqualified coach like Sparano could lead us to victories so be it but you will be deeply disappointed, im just hoping he gets fired midseason so we could hopefully get a real coach in place.
:lol: Golden gets a pass for not proving anything, but Daboll doesn't?

Daboll had a chance wtf are you talking about? Golden actually made winners out of sorry *** Temple but not only that he actually gives us fans a little detail and insight on the team he also doesnt play favorites like Sparano does cause if you keep up with the Canes he named the players who worked the hardest and practiced the best the starters, while Sparano likes to award the jobs to scrubs like Henne. The only reason we're not complete **** right now is because Parcells actually got us some good players something Sparano was not a part of. Now if you wanna believe a completely unqualified coach like Sparano could lead us to victories so be it but you will be deeply disappointed, im just hoping he gets fired midseason so we could hopefully get a real coach in place.
:bobdole: I'm not talking about Sparano. I'm talking about Brian Daboll, our new offensive coordinator. He has yet to call a play for us, and already you are deeming him an "idiot". I realize he did a poor job in Cleveland, but that is the past. It's not like Cleveland has even half of what we have to work with offensively.

We need to get more ammunition for the draft. The Patriots are going to put a lot of distance between them and the rest of the AFCE if they don't blow it.

Read the first sentence i told you about Daboll and i told you about Sparano. Also lemme tell you something the 2 years prior to this one did Henning have anybody to work with? The answer is no yet our offense was pretty decent for those 2 years, so dont give me that crap the Browns team is as equally talented with the offenses we had prior to Marshalls arrival here so in turn there is no excuse.
:bobdole: I'm not talking about Sparano. I'm talking about Brian Daboll, our new offensive coordinator. He has yet to call a play for us, and already you are deeming him an "idiot". I realize he did a poor job in Cleveland, but that is the past. It's not like Cleveland has even have of what we have to work with offensively.

Read the first sentence i told you about Daboll and i told you about Sparano.
You simply said "Daboll had a chance wtf are you talking about."

Daboll hasn't done jack**** for us yet and Golden hasn't done jack**** for the canes yet.

Back
Top Bottom