Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

It has nothing to do with what the staff owes Moore, it has to do with what the rookie has to prove. Win the job outright. It cannot be handed to him nor should he win it in a push. I am surprised that so many feel Tannehill should simply be given the keys without him totally proving himself.

I want a QB to be the face of the team for ten plus years. Many of you seem to want to be satisfied for the next month. Make the process and competition right so that Tannehill is the guy for a long time.

Play him too early and he falls on his face...awful for the franchise. Play without the respect of the locker room...awful for the franchise. This has to be done right.

We see two different ways to bring a qb along..
Why? If Tannehill, a rookie, manages to perform evenly with the veteran in camp, why would Tannehill not get the start. Tannehill has more room for growth than the veteran, and if, by all indication, they would play evenly during the regular season; why would you not start the guy that can grow more.

We get to see Cam v Tannehill for the majority of a half tonight? The next 6 hours are going to be really long. I can't recall being so pumped about a preseason game in my life!

I'm not saying THill isn't starting tonight but if all this breaking news is solely based on the Dick Stockton interview than people need to listen to it because he actually say's that he BELIEVES THill will start tonight because that's HIS gut instinct. He NEVER said that he has been told by anyone but rather just giving his opinion and it seems to have spread like wild fire both locally and nationally that Ryan Tannehill is starting. If you haven't listened than check for yourselves as it's right at the beginning of the Dick Stockton interview http://www.790theticket.com/mornings.aspx
Adam Schefter is reporting Tannehill will start tonight.

It has nothing to do with what the staff owes Moore, it has to do with what the rookie has to prove. Win the job outright. It cannot be handed to him nor should he win it in a push. I am surprised that so many feel Tannehill should simply be given the keys without him totally proving himself.

I want a QB to be the face of the team for ten plus years. Many of you seem to want to be satisfied for the next month. Make the process and competition right so that Tannehill is the guy for a long time.

Play him too early and he falls on his face...awful for the franchise. Play without the respect of the locker room...awful for the franchise. This has to be done right.

We see two different ways to bring a qb along..

if the staff doesnt owe moore anything why does he deserve to start if the comp is a tie? why punish tanny because moore isnt good enough to be ahead of him. if its a tie its either 1 of 2 things.
1 moore is really good and tanny is really good
2 moore isnt so good and the rookie is doing just as good as moore
in either case why would you not start the rookie instead of moore who hasnt out performed him and who is on the last year of his contract.

the other 3 first round qbs were all handed the job right off the bat, at least tanny had to work for it. do you think they are crying in indy,cleveland or dc?

Dick Stockton was speculating. Adam Schefter and Jeff Darlington were not. Ryan Tannehill is starting tonight.

Do we know for a fact that Schefter and Darlington are not just reporting it based on what Dick Stockton said on the radio?

Do we know for a fact that Schefter and Darlington are not just reporting it based on what Dick Stockton said on the radio?
Darlington got his info from a Dolphins source. Also says that Philbin wants a starting QB to emerge from tonight's game.

So happy to see Tannehill finally get to play against the first teamers. This was the right decision for sure for Coach Philben! I am glad I got that preseason package on NFL.Com. I can't wait to watch the fins tonight!

Not sure I agree with that math. Offenses generally get about 10 to 12 series in a game. If Tannehill gets 2, then Moore gets 2, then Tannehill gets another 2, then Moore gets another 2, then they'll have combined for 8 series (4 a piece) and the remaining 2 to 4 series could go to Pat Devlin.

Perhaps I worded it confusingly. My point was that given that only Moore played with the starters last week, Tannehill is going to need that much more time with the ones tonight to have approximately the same # of snaps with the ones as Moore has overall. Moore played, I think, three or four series with the ones last week, though a few were abbreviated.

So Tannehill will need to get what number of snaps Moore got last week, and then they split the rest, for it to be an even evaluation. That's what I was saying. An even split in this game wouldn't produce that.

Perhaps I worded it confusingly. My point was that given that only Moore played with the starters last week, Tannehill is going to need that much more time with the ones tonight to have approximately the same # of snaps with the ones as Moore has overall. Moore played, I think, three or four series with the ones last week, though a few were abbreviated.

So Tannehill will need to get what number of snaps Moore got last week, and then they split the rest, for it to be an even evaluation. That's what I was saying. An even split in this game wouldn't produce that.

Matt Moore got the first 3 series last week. I don't think you have to give Tannehill the first 3 series just to be fair. The coaches haven't focused on being fair to Tannehill at any point during OTAs, Mini Camps or Training Camp. Why start now?

They've set the bar high to where he'd have to do MORE to win the job than Matt Moore or David Garrard. I say keep on with that.

It makes sense in a certain way. You have to realize that once you declare Tannehill the starter, you can't put the genie back in the lamp. From that moment on, he's the starter for years and years...until you're absolutely certain that you need to move on from him, or until he retires.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Men in Black reference?

At least someone caught it.

Matt Moore got the first 3 series last week. I don't think you have to give Tannehill the first 3 series just to be fair. The coaches haven't focused on being fair to Tannehill at any point during OTAs, Mini Camps or Training Camp. Why start now?

They've set the bar high to where he'd have to do MORE to win the job than Matt Moore or David Garrard. I say keep on with that.

It makes sense in a certain way. You have to realize that once you declare Tannehill the starter, you can't put the genie back in the lamp. From that moment on, he's the starter for years and years...until you're absolutely certain that you need to move on from him, or until he retires.

I agree completely. But that's all the more reason to make sure he has enough snaps against the 1st team where you can be sure he can actually handle it. The smaller the sample size, the more the results can be poised by a few lucky or unlucky plays.

At least someone caught it.

It's a good analogy, too. Some posters on this board write as if they've been flashy thinged once too many times.

you got to be a full scale nerd to use and recognize men in black quotes...

Matt Moore is a back up. Start Tannehill and don't look back.

Always do the opposite of what jimmy Johnson would do.

Back
Top Bottom