Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

It has nothing to do with what the staff owes Moore, it has to do with what the rookie has to prove. Win the job outright. It cannot be handed to him nor should he win it in a push. I am surprised that so many feel Tannehill should simply be given the keys without him totally proving himself.

I want a QB to be the face of the team for ten plus years. Many of you seem to want to be satisfied for the next month. Make the process and competition right so that Tannehill is the guy for a long time.

Play him too early and he falls on his face...awful for the franchise. Play without the respect of the locker room...awful for the franchise. This has to be done right.

We see two different ways to bring a qb along..

and what coming out of camp reports this week against the 1's and with philbin throwing a bunch of different pressure looks at him says to you that the kid isn't winning the job outright???

Does Tannehill starting = less playing time? If so, color me disappointed.

Being the 2nd game of pre-season I'd expect the starters to play a qtr and a half, some may even play a half since we have a lot of young guys. Id be surprised if Tannehill doesnt play close to a half if not the whole half.

I'm marveling at how far we've come over the course of 3 weeks.

We've gone from everyone being well aware that Ryan Tannehill is not actually expected to compete for the starting job to everyone being well aware that the job was Ryan Tannehill's all along.

Imagine what we'll all be well aware of tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

From all the tweets I've read over the last few weeks prior to Garrard's injury, it sure appeared that way. I've been bitching about it the entire time.

Then you've been reading the wrong tweets, or misreading them.

Great to see Tannehill get his chance finally. :brewskis: I think he'll play at least the first half.

I'm marveling at how far we've come over the course of 3 weeks.

We've gone from everyone being well aware that Ryan Tannehill is not actually expected to compete for the starting job to everyone being well aware that the job was Ryan Tannehill's all along.

Imagine what we'll all be well aware of tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Then you've been reading the wrong tweets, or misreading them.

My reading is fine thanks.

i didn't say i was aware it would be tannys job...i just said that i hoped he got a fair shake to compete in camp for the job...david garrards injury opened the way for that to happen...imo though if the comp was close i'd roll with the rook over two stop gaps all day every day...

i didn't say i was aware it would be tannys job...i just said that i hoped he got a fair shake to compete in camp for the job...david garrards injury opened the way for that to happen...imo though if the comp was close i'd roll with the rook over two stop gaps all day every day...

pretty much this. I expected Tannehill to start at some point, but the reports from camp were much better than I expected so I hoped he would get the chance. Everything I heard was he looked better than Moore for awhile.

I'm not saying THill isn't starting tonight but if all this breaking news is solely based on the Dick Stockton interview than people need to listen to it because he actually say's that he BELIEVES THill will start tonight because that's HIS gut instinct. He NEVER said that he has been told by anyone but rather just giving his opinion and it seems to have spread like wild fire both locally and nationally that Ryan Tannehill is starting. If you haven't listened than check for yourselves as it's right at the beginning of the Dick Stockton interview http://www.790theticket.com/mornings.aspx

I'm not saying THill isn't starting tonight but if all this breaking news is solely based on the Dick Stockton interview than people need to listen to it because he actually say's that he BELIEVES THill will start tonight because that's HIS gut instinct. He NEVER said that he has been told by anyone but rather just giving his opinion and it seems to have spread like wild fire both locally and nationally that Ryan Tannehill is starting. If you haven't listened than check for yourselves as it's right at the beginning of the Dick Stockton interview http://www.790theticket.com/mornings.aspx

what the....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dick Stockton was speculating. Adam Schefter and Jeff Darlington were not. Ryan Tannehill is starting tonight.

Back
Top Bottom